Parents remove 6 year old from school

over transgender student.

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Parents remove 6 year old from school

#1  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 11, 2017 10:51 pm

The horror, the agony.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Parents remove 6 year old from school

#2  Postby SafeAsMilk » Sep 11, 2017 11:17 pm

The nice thing about this kind of bigotry is how obviously stupid it is, falling apart under even the slightest examination. The only thing they're being "forced" to do is not treat another human being like shit, a principle I'm sure they'd agree with if their child was being bullied. Their child isn't confused, they are.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Fallible » Sep 12, 2017 6:38 am

She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4  Postby felltoearth » Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am

"We weren't consulted."

On what, you fucking yobs? Talk about entitlement.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Arcanyn » Sep 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Looks like they got the attention they were so desperately seeking.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Blackadder » Sep 13, 2017 9:05 pm

At least at school, the kid was learning about the world and about other people. At home he's being taught how to be a complete dick, evidently.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Calilasseia » Sep 13, 2017 10:57 pm

But that's a perennial problem with bigots and ideologues. The last thing they want, is for their offspring to develop any human feelings, towards people residing within demographic sectors defined as "inferior" or "enemies", by the bigotries and ideological prejudices said bigots and ideologues possess. They want their offspring to inherit those bigotries and ideological prejudices, and if anything, to act upon them with even more vigour, frequently because they know that said bigotries and ideological prejudices are accompanied by a significant personal cost when pursued vigorously, and they want someone else to bear that cost.

In addition, bigots and ideologues have a habit not merely of gravitating toward entitlement and fake victimhood apologetics, but of seizing upon said apologetics with frankly inhuman glee. They also have a habit of exhibiting a truly evil level of ingenuity, with respect to the peddling and fabrication thereof. Currently, the most egregious examples have a habit of emanating from the right of the political spectrum, which also tends to be the natural home of the nastiest and most pathological bigotries and ideological prejudices. Racism, sexism (usually of the psychotically misogynistic variety), and hatred of those not conforming to tightly prescriptive gender strictures, along with the lurid brands of anti-social sadism invariably accompanying these, tend to increase in visibility and vociferousness, the further right one moves.

But there's an even more insidious brand of the above, which the individuals in the video pretty much typify - the brand known as "I just want to be surrounded by nice people". Well, duh, don't we all? We all would like to lead our lives, not having to deal with criminals, and that larger demographic of ostensibly law-abiding individuals best referred to as "arseholes", exhibiting a mixture of selfishness, pomposity and conceit that in the current climate, makes them natural politician material, but many of us aren't given a choice. But of course, what the adherents of this insidious brand really mean by "I just want to be surrounded by nice people" is "I want to be surrounded by people like me, and keep everyone else as far away as possible". This posture is insidious, because it lends itself all too easily and naturally, to exploitation by propagandists for the much more manifestly repulsive brands of bigotry. The manner in which racism has been stoked by the frankly criminal campaign of peddling racial hatred by the Daily Mail, itself an organ with a lurid fascist past, in which the blue-rinse dears and middle-class Tory snowflakes have been drip-fed hate speech about "migrants" on a virtually continuous basis over the past three years or so, provides us with a disturbing object lesson on the subject. Indeed, pandering to the ignorance-driven fears of the complacently comfortable, was a key weapon deployed by Der Stürmer in the run-up to the Holocaust, a tactic which was very quickly accelerated into the realm of outright inculcation of homicidal revulsion.

Though, of course, hate has always been a useful weapon of manipulation, on the part of those in power seeking to divert from their own incompetence, venality and outright criminality. Blinding the populace with a manufactured visceral hatred of an ideologically defined "other", has always been an effective means of ensuring that attention is concentrated elsewhere, whilst the pedlars of said hatred engage in graft and corruption, indulging in personal enrichment and self-aggrandisement, safe in the knowledge that the newly energised bearers of hate can be lied to with ease, and fed propaganda to the effect that the woes thereof are yet another reason to increase the hatred of the "other". A nefarious positive feedback loop is thus put in place, whereby the fortunes of the manipulators increase, the fortunes of the populace decrease, and the hate targets are subject to ever more vicious measures, in order to ensure that the anger of the energised bearers of hatred is kept pointed away from those who lit the fuse.

Unfortunately, one little problem that those deploying this technique have to face, is this. When the campaign has resulted in the wholesale annihilation of the "other" that was deemed to be the "enemy" responsible for our ills, a replacement "other" has to be fabricated, and if all that is left are the loyal henchmen, that's when the shit hits the fan. Because those loyal henchmen singled out as the new "other", the new "enemy", faced with an existential threat of this sort, won't simply passively endure what was served up to the previous "other", especially if they were involved in the dirtiest tasks involved in exterminating the previous "other". The skills they will have acquired to perform those tasks, will now become instead an essential survival tool, one that will be deployed with special vigour and zeal. Quite simply, the manipulators have to be lucky every time: they have to push the right buttons and weave the right spells every time a new crisis arises. Those recognising the manipulators as the real enemy, on the other hand, only have to be lucky once.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby fluttermoth » Sep 14, 2017 12:37 pm

Blimey, what a fuss over nothing! I fail to see why simply saying, "some people like wearing dresses and some people like wearing trousers, and it doesn't matter if they're a boy or a girl, they're still the same person inside" wouldn't have coveed the issues.

But then, I'm not a bigot or so addled by religion that I can't think :roll:
fluttermoth

Female

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby crank » Sep 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Remember the incredible animosities generated over guys having long hair? I wouldn't doubt there's still some here in the south that still think if a guy has long hair, that makes him effeminate. I'd like to see them go up to Khal Drogo and call him a girly-man.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#10  Postby crank » Sep 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Calilasseia wrote:But that's a perennial problem with bigots and ideologues. The last thing they want, is for their offspring to develop any human feelings, towards people residing within demographic sectors defined as "inferior" or "enemies", by the bigotries and ideological prejudices said bigots and ideologues possess. They want their offspring to inherit those bigotries and ideological prejudices, and if anything, to act upon them with even more vigour, frequently because they know that said bigotries and ideological prejudices are accompanied by a significant personal cost when pursued vigorously, and they want someone else to bear that cost.

In addition, bigots and ideologues have a habit not merely of gravitating toward entitlement and fake victimhood apologetics, but of seizing upon said apologetics with frankly inhuman glee. They also have a habit of exhibiting a truly evil level of ingenuity, with respect to the peddling and fabrication thereof. Currently, the most egregious examples have a habit of emanating from the right of the political spectrum, which also tends to be the natural home of the nastiest and most pathological bigotries and ideological prejudices. Racism, sexism (usually of the psychotically misogynistic variety), and hatred of those not conforming to tightly prescriptive gender strictures, along with the lurid brands of anti-social sadism invariably accompanying these, tend to increase in visibility and vociferousness, the further right one moves.

But there's an even more insidious brand of the above, which the individuals in the video pretty much typify - the brand known as "I just want to be surrounded by nice people". Well, duh, don't we all? We all would like to lead our lives, not having to deal with criminals, and that larger demographic of ostensibly law-abiding individuals best referred to as "arseholes", exhibiting a mixture of selfishness, pomposity and conceit that in the current climate, makes them natural politician material, but many of us aren't given a choice. But of course, what the adherents of this insidious brand really mean by "I just want to be surrounded by nice people" is "I want to be surrounded by people like me, and keep everyone else as far away as possible". This posture is insidious, because it lends itself all too easily and naturally, to exploitation by propagandists for the much more manifestly repulsive brands of bigotry. The manner in which racism has been stoked by the frankly criminal campaign of peddling racial hatred by the Daily Mail, itself an organ with a lurid fascist past, in which the blue-rinse dears and middle-class Tory snowflakes have been drip-fed hate speech about "migrants" on a virtually continuous basis over the past three years or so, provides us with a disturbing object lesson on the subject. Indeed, pandering to the ignorance-driven fears of the complacently comfortable, was a key weapon deployed by Der Stürmer in the run-up to the Holocaust, a tactic which was very quickly accelerated into the realm of outright inculcation of homicidal revulsion.

Though, of course, hate has always been a useful weapon of manipulation, on the part of those in power seeking to divert from their own incompetence, venality and outright criminality. Blinding the populace with a manufactured visceral hatred of an ideologically defined "other", has always been an effective means of ensuring that attention is concentrated elsewhere, whilst the pedlars of said hatred engage in graft and corruption, indulging in personal enrichment and self-aggrandisement, safe in the knowledge that the newly energised bearers of hate can be lied to with ease, and fed propaganda to the effect that the woes thereof are yet another reason to increase the hatred of the "other". A nefarious positive feedback loop is thus put in place, whereby the fortunes of the manipulators increase, the fortunes of the populace decrease, and the hate targets are subject to ever more vicious measures, in order to ensure that the anger of the energised bearers of hatred is kept pointed away from those who lit the fuse.

Unfortunately, one little problem that those deploying this technique have to face, is this. When the campaign has resulted in the wholesale annihilation of the "other" that was deemed to be the "enemy" responsible for our ills, a replacement "other" has to be fabricated, and if all that is left are the loyal henchmen, that's when the shit hits the fan. Because those loyal henchmen singled out as the new "other", the new "enemy", faced with an existential threat of this sort, won't simply passively endure what was served up to the previous "other", especially if they were involved in the dirtiest tasks involved in exterminating the previous "other". The skills they will have acquired to perform those tasks, will now become instead an essential survival tool, one that will be deployed with special vigour and zeal. Quite simply, the manipulators have to be lucky every time: they have to push the right buttons and weave the right spells every time a new crisis arises. Those recognising the manipulators as the real enemy, on the other hand, only have to be lucky once.

There's another, more pernicious, positive feedback loop at work here. Conservatives, as in those with a more conservative mindset, are more prone to seeing people different than themselves as 'other' and therefore suspect, less than, etc. They are more prone to other pathological thinking, like manicheism, they're authoritarian, have a strong sense of the 'sacred' and 'pure', and they're more close-minded and distrustful of anything new or different. The positive feedback comes from the fact that people tend to get more conservative when they're afraid, when they perceive existential threats, etc. It's why the right is so enamored of fear-mongering, and why they are so often successful at it. It's also why your more religious types are usually very conservative. And it's also why liberals still manage to win in the long run, not only does reality have a liberal bias, but if you want to solve problems and progress, being conservative is not a long-term winning strategy. Folks used to say 'that's the way my granddaddy did things, if it was good enough for him...' Nowadays, they don't do things like they did when an older sibling was your age.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Blackadder » Sep 15, 2017 6:37 am

One thing that made me laugh about this was the reason given for withdrawing their kid - "he was confused".

So when he studies physics and is confused by the behaviour of electrons, would they withdraw him?
If quadratic equiations confuse him in mathematics class, would they march him out of school in high dudgeon?
What will happen when in RE, when he discovers that there are "other gods"? His little brain will explode and they'll probably have to leave the planet.

Fuckwits.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 15, 2017 7:50 am

You know, if this had happened in one of my kids' classes, I'd be overjoyed if dickheads like these two took their precious out of the school and fucked off. They can take their prejudiced, bigoted fear somewhere else to push onto everyone else.

If and when my kids ever come home and ask things like "X said he's got 2 mums, why doesn't he have a dad?", we always just explained things. Kids accept stuff not always being consistent and so long as being different isn't demonised, it shouldn't be a problem.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#13  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am

monkeyboy wrote:You know, if this had happened in one of my kids' classes, I'd be overjoyed if dickheads like these two took their precious out of the school and fucked off. They can take their prejudiced, bigoted fear somewhere else to push onto everyone else.

I'd be concerned about the education the child would receive however.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#14  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 15, 2017 9:42 am

Unfortunately bigots have children. It's not a guarantee that their attitudes will persist. I recall my own grandmother referring to "nignogs" moving in down their road. My mum cringed and immediately told me never to use that word before berating her mother for being out of order. She clearly grew up in a house where racist terms were used but managed to develop a more sensible attitude to people of colour.
I dread to think what my kids would think if I ever uttered something so unbelievably gross.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#15  Postby crank » Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am

I wouldn't know what the fuck she was talking about
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby Papa Smurf » Sep 15, 2017 11:28 am

Blackadder wrote:One thing that made me laugh about this was the reason given for withdrawing their kid - "he was confused".

What these fucktards probably mean is that they are afraid their kid is going to want to wear dresses too and become a transgender himself.
Papa Smurf

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#17  Postby monkeyboy » Sep 15, 2017 11:57 am

Well, it's like catching the gay, totally contagious on sight. Obvious really when you think about it. Now these trans people are coming out in the open, the end of the world is upon us. Hope thyve picked the right god to grovel to for the rapture...........or they could just grow the fuck up!
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#18  Postby SpeedOfSound » Sep 15, 2017 12:14 pm

To be contrary... or 'different'

Jumping on these two and calling them bigot fucktards will generate as much discord as they presumably have generated. Or more. Alienate them for their 'differences' and you will end up with the possibility fo a Trump in your future as well.

These two are curiosities and I like curious things. They are having an episode-of-imagining around their child and it is triggering some kind of fear or fear-like emotion. Something is bothering them at a visceral level. It would be more productive to find out what they are imagining and what has triggered the fear.

I recently attended a Scala meeting where the presenter was obviously born male and now had on a dress. I felt something and I have no idea what it was. I had no choice in this matter of having felt something. What I did not do is imagine something else or decide that my feeling(confusion?) was reason to get my shorts in a bundle and be 'offended'.

Now, offended is what YOU guys are being here. Do you see how that is the very same thing that these two are blathering about? If you don't, leave off the quote-relply button and consider your own confusion, and your own future political takeover by those very same people you refuse to consider.

I also recently attended a dinner with employees and other owners for my software company. I was trying to make conversation above the boring standard level and mentioned a quote: "Dead hookers are our spirit animal'. Apparently, many were 'offended'. I was the tranny in the room and these people wanted to gather up their little ones and flee. I was 'offended' by their offended and no one gets why any of us felt what we felt.

So. What is the nature of these two and what, honestly what, are they imagining and what are they afraid for? Try and see them plainly without the coloring of YOUR Imagination and YOUR fears. I'm pretty damned sure they did not wake up and decide to be Bigots with a capital 'B'.
"Daddy, why did god make YEC's?"
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator

Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

#19  Postby talkietoaster » Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Blackadder wrote:One thing that made me laugh about this was the reason given for withdrawing their kid - "he was confused".

So when he studies physics and is confused by the behaviour of electrons, would they withdraw him?
If quadratic equiations confuse him in mathematics class, would they march him out of school in high dudgeon?
What will happen when in RE, when he discovers that there are "other gods"? His little brain will explode and they'll probably have to leave the planet.

Fuckwits.

Everyday I had algebra I could have gone home damn it. :lol:
''Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.'' - Smart Person at some time.
talkietoaster

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#20  Postby SpeedOfSound » Sep 15, 2017 12:40 pm

Here we have a couple of people who are 'offended' to at least three powers.
"Daddy, why did god make YEC's?"
SpeedOfSound
RS Donator

Male

Kyrgyzstan (kg)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Theism