Reason / Science / Religion

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Reason / Science / Religion

#381  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2012 3:44 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:The price of fish is sometimes higher in places where it was lower before.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#382  Postby justintime » Oct 03, 2012 11:41 am

Some factors that influence pricing and regional market trends.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in Thailand and might account for the rise in fish demand.
Islamic terrorists kill more Buddhists in Southern Thailand might account for the drop in fish demand.
http://www.faithfreedom.org/articles/op ... -thailand/
Last edited by justintime on Oct 03, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justintime
Banned Troll

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#383  Postby Fenrir » Oct 03, 2012 1:02 pm

justintime wrote:Spearthrower, You have been admonished by other members for your patently objectionable approach.
Gary S. Gaulin wrote: Study the theory with an unbiased open mind please, before offering your opinion, you'll find out for yourself. Asking for citation after citation and dumb questions like "Who's this 'we'?" when it should be obvious while talking down at me like I'm a child is not getting either of us anywhere. I was hoping for honest unbiased opinion on the theory, not spears thrown at me before you even look at it.

Theory of Intelligent Design
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/creat ... 32-20.html

So Gary has a whinge that big meanies are asking for actual evidence and objecting to his increasingly paternalistic yet increasingly incoherent ranting. Somehow I don't think Spearthrower or anyone else will be too concerned.

Gary has a "theory" too donchaknow. His is a unified theory of absolutely everything. Much greater vision than you has Gary, instead of "unifying" evolution he renders it obsolete in one fell swoop.

Much like you though he can't explain what his conjectures actually entail or provide any actual evidence for them either.

Your unificating "theory" doesn't even rate amongst other crackpot "theories". How sad. :dance:
Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
Fenrir

Male

South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

#384  Postby justintime » Oct 03, 2012 2:41 pm

Fenrir wrote:
justintime wrote:Spearthrower, You have been admonished by other members for your patently objectionable approach.
Gary S. Gaulin wrote: Study the theory with an unbiased open mind please, before offering your opinion, you'll find out for yourself. Asking for citation after citation and dumb questions like "Who's this 'we'?" when it should be obvious while talking down at me like I'm a child is not getting either of us anywhere. I was hoping for honest unbiased opinion on the theory, not spears thrown at me before you even look at it.

Theory of Intelligent Design
http://www.rationalskepticism.org/creat ... 32-20.html

So Gary has a whinge that big meanies are asking for actual evidence and objecting to his increasingly paternalistic yet increasingly incoherent ranting. Somehow I don't think Spearthrower or anyone else will be too concerned.

Gary has a "theory" too donchaknow. His is a unified theory of absolutely everything. Much greater vision than you has Gary, instead of "unifying" evolution he renders it obsolete in one fell swoop.

Much like you though he can't explain what his conjectures actually entail or provide any actual evidence for them either.

Your unificating "theory" doesn't even rate amongst other crackpot "theories". How sad. :dance:

If you haven't noticed my Unified Theory is posted under Education on The Skeptics Society Forum. Here it was moved several times because the forum does not have a category for Education.
justintime
Banned Troll

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#385  Postby Shrunk » Oct 03, 2012 2:45 pm

justintime wrote: [If you haven't noticed my Unified Theory is posted under Education on The Skeptics Society Forum. Here it was moved several times because the forum does not have a category for Education.

:rofl:

Yeah, that's exactly why it was moved. The category into which it eventually ended up is the closest thing we have to a "Moronic Bollocks" category, so there it sits.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#386  Postby justintime » Oct 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Shrunk wrote:
justintime wrote: [If you haven't noticed my Unified Theory is posted under Education on The Skeptics Society Forum. Here it was moved several times because the forum does not have a category for Education.

Yeah, that's exactly why it was moved. The category into which it eventually ended up is the closest thing we have to a "Moronic Bollocks" category, so there it sits.

There is no consistency in categorizing topics on Skeptic forums. The fact that you searched for this thread even after it was moved suggests a voluntary self fulfilling need to be counted.
justintime
Banned Troll

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#387  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 05, 2012 5:11 pm

justintime wrote:
If you haven't noticed my Unified Theory is posted under Education on The Skeptics Society Forum. Here it was moved several times because the forum does not have a category for Education.

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/education-parenting/

Or that you've overlooked it.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#388  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 05, 2012 5:13 pm

justintime wrote:Some factors that influence pricing and regional market trends.
Islam is the fastest growing religion in Thailand and might account for the rise in fish demand.
Islamic terrorists kill more Buddhists in Southern Thailand might account for the drop in fish demand.
http://www.faithfreedom.org/articles/op ... -thailand/

Time to call you out on this Justin.

Why do you keep posting about Thailand?

Is it because I am in Thailand?

Do you think that making snide comments about Thailand is going to achieve something?

Did you ever stop to once consider your actions as being a childish lashing out at someone because you can't address their arguments?

Did you ever even consider for a moment that someone living in Thailand isn't necessarily from Thailand, and has no emotional connection to anonymous idiocy on the internet bashing entire countries because of repeated failures in a discussion thread?

Seriously, are you going to keep doing this?

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#389  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 05, 2012 5:14 pm

justintime wrote:
Shrunk wrote:

There is no consistency in categorizing topics on Skeptic forums. The fact that you searched for this thread even after it was moved suggests a voluntary self fulfilling need to be counted.

Or he could've just noticed that it was there as he looked in the relevant forum.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#390  Postby justintime » Oct 05, 2012 6:56 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
justintime wrote:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/education-parenting/

Or that you've overlooked it.

Thanks. I must have missed it because I did not see subjects of university level interest. Maybe I did not adequately research this site.
I finally found one topic there on education `

Teachers - Students - Parents - Tutors

You wrote: Finally, western teachers here are all too often actually unqualified sex-tourists that wanted to find a way to stay, so they took up teaching. I jest ye not.

One can assume from this that you are against western teachers in your country.
justintime
Banned Troll

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#391  Postby Spearthrower » Oct 05, 2012 7:02 pm

justintime wrote:Thanks. I must have missed it because I did not see subjects of university level interest.

I don't see how that's a problem.

justintime wrote:
One can assume from this that you are against western teachers in your country.

One can assume all manner of things that are wrong. It depends on what one is hoping to achieve.

Incidentally, you might want to try posting the link you're citing from: wouldn't want people to complain about cherrypicking, would we?

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/educa ... ml#p138174

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#392  Postby Durro » Oct 06, 2012 12:07 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
@justintime , this post in which you continue comments similar to ones you were sanctioned for recently, may not only be considered off topic, but may constitute trolling against another member as well. Given that you are already on 3 active warnings and looking at a 1 month minimum suspension for any further warnings, I'm strongly suggesting that you cease derailing this or any other threads to make derogatory comments about a particular country and by association, any member who happens to reside in a particular country, as you've previously done with Thailand and Spearthrower. Consider this a line in the sand beyond which a firmer hand will be used if you persist.

Edit : I didn't specify this earlier, but I'll ask members not to derail this thread with discussion/debate about moderation. PM me if you wish to continue discussing moderation issues. I have removed 2 off topic posts.

Durro
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism