Religion and race

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Religion and race

#21  Postby Alan C » Aug 01, 2019 10:44 pm

Back to one exclamation point, cancel the mob.
Lose it - it means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of one's faculties, three fries short of a happy meal, WACKO!! - Jack O'Neill
Alan C

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby laklak » Aug 02, 2019 2:10 am

A mob is a terrible thing to waste.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 02, 2019 2:39 am

Ironclad wrote::hide:
Fucking hell!

See? Remedial threats of out-group violence have their place in establishing due decorum and appropriate punctuation behavior! :british:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#24  Postby Blackadder » Aug 02, 2019 7:48 am

Being of mixed “race” myself, I always enjoy winding up people at both ends of the racism spectrum, the knuckle dragging white supremacists (to whom I look like I belong thanks to inheriting my mother’s very pale Scottish colouring) and the right-on, ‘all white men are guilty’ loons, who are terminally confused by the fact that am of Indian ancestry. And even more confused when they are told that I was born and raised Muslim without ever having been knowingly brown.

It always comes down to skin colour, and both political ends make judgements about people based on skin colour, while calling it “race”. I suppose the fascists at least would admit they are racist, in the sense of disliking people of certain pigmentations. The lefties usually have no clue how racist they are, in their fervour to beat up whitey for the colonialist sins of his forefathers.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Alan B » Aug 02, 2019 8:44 am

I too, am of mixed, er, "Race": Anglo-Saxon-Nordic. A sort of blotchy-pinky-off-white.
Edit
Anglo-Saxon-Nordic-Celtic
Last edited by Alan B on Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Svartalf » Aug 02, 2019 9:09 am

Well, I'm the perfect French Mutt, half Southwest Gallo-Romano-Germanic, 25% Celtic Breton, 20% Norman and 5% others (Irish, Scot, whatever)... on the religious side, though, they are all devoutly Catholic.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 02, 2019 10:59 am

Svartalf wrote:Well, I'm the perfect French Mutt, half Southwest Gallo-Romano-Germanic, 25% Celtic Breton, 20% Norman and 5% others (Irish, Scot, whatever)... on the religious side, though, they are all devoutly Catholic.

Long lists of ethnic categories and identities are great for filling up uncomfortable lulls in the conversation when nobody has anything of interest to say.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 02, 2019 11:02 am

Blackadder wrote: And even more confused when they are told that I was born and raised Muslim without ever having been knowingly brown.

You sir, stand accused of a surfeit of Islam while not in the possession of sufficient melanin. How do you plead?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#29  Postby Blackadder » Aug 02, 2019 12:49 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
Blackadder wrote: And even more confused when they are told that I was born and raised Muslim without ever having been knowingly brown.

You sir, stand accused of a surfeit of Islam while not in the possession of sufficient melanin. How do you plead?

It’s why I left Islam, your Honour. Don’t get me wrong. Learning about evolution and an aversion to high explosives as a theological tool had much to do with it. But the whole colour chart thing - that was the clincher.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#30  Postby laklak » Aug 03, 2019 2:41 am

I can pass for human, in a pinch.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Cito di Pense » Aug 03, 2019 6:33 am

laklak wrote:I can pass for human, in a pinch.

But your pronounced brow ridges and the almost-nonexistent distal point of your lower jaw give you away, so you otter not push that point too far.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism