Reviving the pagan mystery religions

Western esotericism and Eastern mysticism meets to bring down the secular world.

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Reviving the pagan mystery religions

#1701  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2014 7:01 pm

savithru wrote:
catbasket wrote:
savithru wrote:
It doesn't mean there are none who don't hold the beliefs that I do.

Who said there are none? Nobody.

Xaihe and Spearthrower said I am alone and there is no one following my religion.

Actually, that's misrepresenting me.

I said you and Dave.

savithru wrote:
The numbers are quite large enough to prove that I am not alone in this.

Quite large enough - you are good at not giving concrete numbers, eh?

Would you say you have more members than 5, or less than 10? Presentation makes a difference, I hear.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1702  Postby BlackBart » Nov 07, 2014 7:02 pm

julie-ann-society.jpg
julie-ann-society.jpg (39.92 KiB) Viewed 1530 times

Yaaay! Iza member too nao! :teef:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1703  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2014 7:03 pm

Well, the Julian Society's numbers have doubled just in the last hour!

See how well you're doing at proselytizing Savi?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1704  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Even the Julian Society's very own text spells out perfectly clearly that there is no single pagan religion which to restore. Savi's repeated use of the definite article 'the' is indicative of not even understanding the nature of the beast he's riding.

There is no 'the': there are many contradictory pagan religions, there is no homogeneity, and there is nothing consequently to restore.

The Julian Society is a non-denominational religious order dedicated to the advancement of Pagan religion. Our membership shares many different traditions of Pagan worship while remaining united through the legacy and ideals championed by the Emperor Julian, the last Pagan Emperor of Rome. We continue the work which Julian began centuries ago; restoring Pagan religion so that it may regain its rightful place as a major world religious system.

Seems they might have to lose one of their 4 members! :(

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1705  Postby catbasket » Nov 08, 2014 4:25 pm

BlackBart wrote:
julie-ann-society.jpg

Yaaay! Iza member too nao! :teef:

Welcome Brother! Can I interest you in a Schism :naughty2:
catbasket

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1706  Postby BlackBart » Nov 08, 2014 4:46 pm

I've just put one out, thanks :thumbup:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1708  Postby savithru » Nov 09, 2014 7:58 am

We have an official 700 members in our society. Not 3, 4 or 5. I'm one of those 700 members.
I am anti-Semitic, anti-Islamic, anti-Catholic, anti-Sramanic, anti-Hindu and an anti-atheist.

I am an Aryan, an Vajrayana Buddhist, an Valentinian Gnostic, a Saura (worshipper of the Sun God), a Zurvanite Magi and a Neoplatonist.
savithru
Banned Troll

Name: hsk
Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#1709  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 09, 2014 9:34 am

savithru wrote:We have an official 700 members in our society. Not 3, 4 or 5. I'm one of those 700 members.

Don't believe you.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1710  Postby BlackBart » Nov 09, 2014 9:38 am

savithru wrote:We have an official 700 members in our society. Not 3, 4 or 5. I'm one of those 700 members.

Why don't you ask the other 699 members how revolted and sickened they'd be by threats of violence? Because this member certainly is.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1711  Postby Xaihe » Nov 09, 2014 5:55 pm

savithru wrote:
catbasket wrote:
savithru wrote:

Xaihe and Spearthrower said I am alone and there is no one following my religion.

Actually, what I said was that you'd be all alone if you tried to unite all the religions, given that people care very deeply about some of the rules of their particular religion and how those rules are in direct opposition to rules from other religions.

That said, there may be others who hold some of the beliefs that you do. But the more detailed your beliefs are, the less likely there's someone else who holds those exact beliefs. That's why there are so many schisms in religions.
Consciousness is make believe. Just think about it.
Xaihe

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#1712  Postby savithru » Nov 09, 2014 6:46 pm

Xaihe wrote:
savithru wrote:
catbasket wrote:
savithru wrote:

Actually, what I said was that you'd be all alone if you tried to unite all the religions, given that people care very deeply about some of the rules of their particular religion and how those rules are in direct opposition to rules from other religions.

That said, there may be others who hold some of the beliefs that you do. But the more detailed your beliefs are, the less likely there's someone else who holds those exact beliefs. That's why there are so many schisms in religions.

Do you know a man called Ammonius Saccas? Plotinus, Origen and Clement were his students.

Ammonius recognized that religious tolerance was not enough. For even tolerance, without a philosophical basis, soon sinks into apathy. He saw that the only way to establish the brotherhood of religions was to show the identical source from which all of them had sprung; and from that point to explain the diversities. He began by postulating the existence of the ancient Wisdom-Religion, and showed how all religions sprang from that, as the branches of a tree from a common trunk.

Using that One Source as a basis of comparison, Ammonius proved the essential identity of all religions by making his students acquainted with all the different systems of thought. In his School the Vedantic, Zoroastrian and Buddhist systems were studied side by side with the philosophies of Greece. The doctrines of Plato and Pythagoras were compared with the philosophies of the ancient East, the teachings of the Jewish Kabala with those of the ancient Egyptians. This comparative study of the religions and philosophies of all nations accomplished the second of Ammonius' objects, and gave to his School the name of Eclectic.

Its not my problem if people of other religions are offended by our allegorical interpretations of their religions. In our school we value only the truth and nothing else. We are called as Philalethists.
I am anti-Semitic, anti-Islamic, anti-Catholic, anti-Sramanic, anti-Hindu and an anti-atheist.

I am an Aryan, an Vajrayana Buddhist, an Valentinian Gnostic, a Saura (worshipper of the Sun God), a Zurvanite Magi and a Neoplatonist.
savithru
Banned Troll

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#1713  Postby Varangian » Nov 09, 2014 7:09 pm

Well, we are sometimes called the aphilatelists.

"Bunch together a group of people deliberately chosen for strong religious feelings,
and you have a practical guarantee of dark morbidities." - H.P. Lovecraft
Varangian
RS Donator

Name: Björn
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

#1714  Postby monkeyboy » Nov 09, 2014 10:54 pm

savithru wrote:

Do you know a man called Ammonius Saccas? Plotinus, Origen and Clement were his students.

Ammonius recognized that religious tolerance was not enough. For even tolerance, without a philosophical basis, soon sinks into apathy. He saw that the only way to establish the brotherhood of religions was to show the identical source from which all of them had sprung; and from that point to explain the diversities. He began by postulating the existence of the ancient Wisdom-Religion, and showed how all religions sprang from that, as the branches of a tree from a common trunk.

Using that One Source as a basis of comparison, Ammonius proved the essential identity of all religions by making his students acquainted with all the different systems of thought. In his School the Vedantic, Zoroastrian and Buddhist systems were studied side by side with the philosophies of Greece. The doctrines of Plato and Pythagoras were compared with the philosophies of the ancient East, the teachings of the Jewish Kabala with those of the ancient Egyptians. This comparative study of the religions and philosophies of all nations accomplished the second of Ammonius' objects, and gave to his School the name of Eclectic.

Its not my problem if people of other religions are offended by our allegorical interpretations of their religions. In our school we value only the truth and nothing else. We are called as Philalethists.

And so strange that you can quote that piece which describes a dude trying to demonstrate that current religions have things in common, that certain tales have been "borrowed" and embellished to suit different and blossoming religions (I'm thinking of the various flood stories here or the various resurrection tales which are found again and again) in order to harmonise religions and increase tolerance and yet here you are, spouting intolerance and violence all over the forum.
Other religions may be offended by your allegorical interpretations, that's their privilege. On the other hand, I as an atheist still find your claims to be incredulous and lacking in any reliable evidence and hence reject them. I have no issue in you believing all manner of things, if faith over reason suits you, that is fine by me. What I do find unacceptable are the threats of violence you keep issuing. Whether its borne of frustration because you feel incapable of convincing anyone that your beliefs are remotely credible or because you feel that you have received a level of disrespect for the beliefs you have shared here is by the by.
Perhaps if you had maintained any consistency in your posting, had been able to deliver a respectful and coherent position, backed with any level of credible evidence, your welcome may have been different. As it is, with the level of hostility you have shown, coupled with frankly ridiculous ideas/claims which are at the very least incredulous and at worst just specious and cretinous drivel, perhaps you would be better called as inadequate peddlars of turgid, insubstantial, vaccilating, corybantic, audacious, vacuous, mephitic fetulence.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#1715  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 10, 2014 6:41 am

savithru wrote:

You collect self-labels like a philatelist collects stamps!

It's a new one every post! I guess you think bestowing grandiose labels adds stature to your lonely little belief system.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#1716  Postby savithru » Nov 10, 2014 7:36 am

BlackBart wrote:

Why don't you ask the other 699 members how revolted and sickened they'd be by threats of violence? Because this member certainly is.

The other 699 members are devout fans of Julian, the Emperor and you guys deserved it for ridiculing him.

savithru
Banned Troll

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#1717  Postby savithru » Nov 10, 2014 7:38 am

Spearthrower wrote:
savithru wrote:

You collect self-labels like a philatelist collects stamps!

It's a new one every post! I guess you think bestowing grandiose labels adds stature to your lonely little belief system.

Those are not grandiose labels, its what makes who we are. Lovers of truth.

savithru
Banned Troll

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#1718  Postby hackenslash » Nov 10, 2014 7:39 am

savithru wrote:The other 699 members are devout fans of Julian, the Emperor and you guys deserved it for ridiculing him.

I thought it was Julian from the Famous Five. I was going to join, mainly because George is hot...
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#1719  Postby savithru » Nov 10, 2014 7:51 am

monkeyboy wrote:
savithru wrote:

And so strange that you can quote that piece which describes a dude trying to demonstrate that current religions have things in common, that certain tales have been "borrowed" and embellished to suit different and blossoming religions (I'm thinking of the various flood stories here or the various resurrection tales which are found again and again) in order to harmonise religions and increase tolerance and yet here you are, spouting intolerance and violence all over the forum.
Other religions may be offended by your allegorical interpretations, that's their privilege. On the other hand, I as an atheist still find your claims to be incredulous and lacking in any reliable evidence and hence reject them. I have no issue in you believing all manner of things, if faith over reason suits you, that is fine by me. What I do find unacceptable are the threats of violence you keep issuing. Whether its borne of frustration because you feel incapable of convincing anyone that your beliefs are remotely credible or because you feel that you have received a level of disrespect for the beliefs you have shared here is by the by.
Perhaps if you had maintained any consistency in your posting, had been able to deliver a respectful and coherent position, backed with any level of credible evidence, your welcome may have been different. As it is, with the level of hostility you have shown, coupled with frankly ridiculous ideas/claims which are at the very least incredulous and at worst just specious and cretinous drivel, perhaps you would be better called as inadequate peddlars of turgid, insubstantial, vaccilating, corybantic, audacious, vacuous, mephitic fetulence.

What I do find unacceptable are the repeated ridicule of religious figures all over this forum. If you guys expected that theists would respond back by giving you guys respect then you are dead wrong. Rather than shouting for evidence why don't you guys do deity yoga and experience the existence of gods yourself and realize the fact the gods exist in this universe. Atheists are such a disgusting shit pile when they go on ridiculing and bashing religious figures without investigating religion without a biased mind.

savithru
Banned Troll

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#1720  Postby Spearthrower » Nov 10, 2014 8:00 am

savithru wrote:
What I do find unacceptable are the repeated ridicule of religious figures all over this forum.

And as you have been informed 'tough fucking shit' - if you can't bear it, you can always elect to not be a member here. You do not, however, have the right to dictate your preferences over other people.

savithru wrote:If you guys expected that theists would respond back by giving you guys respect then you are dead wrong.

No one wants your respect Savi. This is where you're misinterpreting everything. Garnering respect might motivate you - and that's why you might think that showing off with big talk in public is a desirable thing, but you don't earn respect from anyone simply because you threaten them. Actually, you show that you're incapable of addressing the topic via reason when all of your motivations are juvenile emotion.

savithru wrote: Rather than shouting for evidence why don't you guys do deity yoga and experience the existence of gods yourself and realize the fact the gods exist in this universe.

Deity yoga! :lol: :lol: :lol:

savithru wrote:Atheists are such a disgusting shit pile when they go on ridiculing and bashing religious figures without investigating religion without a biased mind.

Again with the insults. You can't help yourself, can you? You know what it means when someone is unable to control their own emotions? It means they've not yet matured enough to be taken seriously by adults. Come back when you've grown up.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism