The Trump Curse: An Ongoing List of Fallen Anti-Trump Celebs

The string of anti-Trump Celebrities who have Fallen on Hard Times is Uncanny

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: The Trump Curse: An Ongoing List of Fallen Anti-Trump Celebs

#161  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 10, 2022 3:24 pm

2) Nonliving material became a living thing (Abiogenesis - huge LOL) which violates basic Biology, as in Bio 101;
When was the last time we saw nonliving stuff become a living thing? NEVER.

My favourite thing about this display of confident ignorance is that literally every living thing is comprised wholly of non-living stuff, so Trev's grasp of reality is arse-about-face, i.e. fundie.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#162  Postby scott1328 » Jan 10, 2022 7:06 pm

Sadly, every time I eat a hamburger, it becomes part of the ever-expanding living stuff that is me.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#163  Postby BlackBart » Jan 10, 2022 8:16 pm

When was the last time we saw living stuff poofed into existence by a magical sky fairy? NEVER.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#164  Postby Greg the Grouper » Jan 10, 2022 8:26 pm

BlackBart wrote:

When was the last time we saw living stuff poofed into existence by a magical sky fairy? NEVER.

What if Trev IS a magical sky fairy?
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

#165  Postby BlackBart » Jan 10, 2022 8:42 pm

Greg the Grouper wrote:
BlackBart wrote:

What if Trev IS a magical sky fairy?

Aright then, when was the last time we saw Trev poof life into existence? NEVER!
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#166  Postby The_Piper » Jan 11, 2022 1:15 am

Creationists can't imagine life evolving from complex chemistry, so instead some deity made Adam from the dirt (which he also made, so why did he have to use dirt or anything expect his magical tool box?) and then for some inexplicable reason tore a rib off of Adam to make Eve. Why didn't he just use more dirt? I could type out questions all night. But my point is that abiogenesis requires one assumption, while God did it requires more than 3 or 4. So the creationists arguments are good for their fairy tale reality, and abiogenesis is good for actual reality. You know, working out how abiogenesis happened is an extremely interesting subject to learn and think about. Much more interesting than god did it.
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#167  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 11, 2022 1:38 am

His nose was tired from all the ineffable wiggling it had to do in order to conjure up the universe and everything else from nothing. Give an all powerful uber-deity a break!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#168  Postby The_Piper » Jan 11, 2022 2:22 am

Yeah good point. :lol: :lol:
"There are two ways to view the stars; as they really are, and as we might wish them to be." - Carl Sagan
"If an argument lasts more than five minutes, both parties are wrong" unknown
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#169  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 11, 2022 1:33 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
2) Nonliving material became a living thing (Abiogenesis - huge LOL) which violates basic Biology, as in Bio 101;

My favourite thing about this display of confident ignorance is that literally every living thing is comprised wholly of non-living stuff, so Trev's grasp of reality is arse-about-face, i.e. fundie.

Indeed, if you took two samples of glucose, one obtained from your blood and purified, and one synthesised in a laboratory, he wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. For that matter, even a trained scientist would have a hard job telling them apart.

Though of course the typical fundageliKKKal never bothered learning how vitalism was flushed down the toilet by Wöhler in 1828. These are people for whom elementary acid-base reactions constitute magic, let alone anything involving enzymes. Something like this:

would be way beyond the understanding of many of the mythology fanboys.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#170  Postby truelgbt » Jan 14, 2022 9:04 am

Can anyone here show Abiogenesis can occur by proving it and demonstrating it in a lab? I need a DEMONSTRATION; not words, not formulas, not arguments, but a scientific DEMONSTRATION that we can all look at and agree on. Thank you.

Note: When an atheist believes in a supposed process without actually being able to examine a DEMONSTRATION of it, to test that DEMONSTRATION of it, to repeat it to verify, that atheist is using his/her FAITH to BELIEVE it.

After all, atheists do believe..... that much we can agree on. Atheists have beliefs too. Unverified ones, in this case.
truelgbt

Name: trev

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#171  Postby truelgbt » Jan 14, 2022 9:11 am

CNN Update: Latest Headlines proving CNN is going down, just like the prophets have already stated earlier last year and yet another Trump Curse victim...

New York Post, January 12, 2022 6:37pm
Article Title: Scandal-ridden CNN sees ratings dive by 90% after 2021 coverage

"CNN’s ratings took a nosedive by a massive 90 percent both overall and in the all-important demographic coveted by advertisers in the first week of the new year. The Jeff Zucker-led cable news network averaged just 548,000 viewers during the week of Jan. 3 — a major drop from the nearly 2.7 million viewers for the same week in 2021, according to Nielsen ratings."

Daily Mail 1/13/2022
Article Title: Tuning Out! Viewership at scandal-plagued CNN plummets by as much as 90% from last year in both overall audience and in advertiser-coveted 25-50-54 demographic

"CNN saw a sharp decline in viewership the first week of 2022 with a nearly 90% drop both overall and in the critical demographic coveted by advertisers.

The network averaged just 548,000 viewers during the week of January 3, a precipitous drop to the nearly 2.7 million viewers from the same week in 2021.
CNN in the last year has been plagued by high-profile scandals, most notably the firing of its top-rated prime time star Chris Cuomo.

Critics have slammed network boss Jeff Zucker over the declining ratings, which began in 2021, with some accusing him of protecting perverts and pedophiles."
truelgbt

Name: trev

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#172  Postby BlackBart » Jan 14, 2022 10:19 am

truelgbt wrote:Can anyone here show Abiogenesis can occur by proving it and demonstrating it in a lab? I need a DEMONSTRATION; not words, not formulas, not arguments, but a scientific DEMONSTRATION that we can all look at and agree on. Thank you.

Note: When an atheist believes in a supposed process without actually being able to examine a DEMONSTRATION of it, to test that DEMONSTRATION of it, to repeat it to verify, that atheist is using his/her FAITH to BELIEVE it.

After all, atheists do believe..... that much we can agree on. Atheists have beliefs too. Unverified ones, in this case.

Who gives a fuck what you need? Even if it can't be demonstrated in a lab, doesn't mean it can't occur.

Any news on your sky fairy demonstrating how it can poof life into existence yet? No? Fucking major surprise. :coffee:
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#173  Postby hackenslash » Jan 14, 2022 11:16 am

truelgbt wrote:Can anyone here show Abiogenesis can occur by proving it and demonstrating it in a lab? I need a DEMONSTRATION; not words, not formulas, not arguments, but a scientific DEMONSTRATION that we can all look at and agree on.

This would require that you had some meagre grasp of science and of proper logical inference, but yes, I could. I can demonstrate unequivocally that there was a time when there was no life on Earth, and now there is.

Of course, the conditions required to demonstrate it obviate the necessity for you to learn some things, and that's unlikely to be on the cards.

And you have an example of this?

Funny thing is, this little interjection proves categorically that you in fact know that faith is bullshit, which is why you want to tar us with the same brush of dumbfuckery you paint yourself with.

After all, atheists do believe..... that much we can agree on.

I'd be a little more circumspect about invoking the agreement of others, if I were you. All else aside, you're not in possession of the tools to assess even your own cognitive state accurately.

Atheists have beliefs too. Unverified ones, in this case.

What case? If you can point to a genuinely unjustified belief, I'll stop believing it. I have no use for such trinkets.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#174  Postby Calilasseia » Jan 14, 2022 12:45 pm

truelgbt wrote:Can anyone here show Abiogenesis can occur by proving it and demonstrating it in a lab? I need a DEMONSTRATION; not words, not formulas, not arguments, but a scientific DEMONSTRATION that we can all look at and agree on. Thank you.

Try reading those scientific papers I cited, instead of bellyaching here.

What part of "the relevant steps are demonstrated to work in laboratory experiments" did you not understand the first time I told you this? No fucking "faith" involved. Unlike the faith mythology fanboys have in an invisible cartoon magic man from a goat herder mythology ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#175  Postby BlackBart » Jan 14, 2022 1:38 pm

I think poor old Trev here thinks abiogenesis = spontaneous generation. Another addled strawman brought to you by intellect stunted by religious fundamentalism.
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#176  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 14, 2022 2:08 pm

truelgbt wrote:Can anyone here show Abiogenesis can occur by proving it and demonstrating it in a lab?

Yes, because we're all molecular biologists with access to laboratories... amirite?

truelgbt wrote:I need a DEMONSTRATION; not words, not formulas, not arguments, but a scientific DEMONSTRATION that we can all look at and agree on. Thank you.

Ahh sorry, you seem to think that you're the chap who's going to arbitrate reality. Sorry, but you have zero fucking credibility, so sling your hook you egotistical maniac.

truelgbt wrote:Note: When an atheist believes in a supposed process without actually being able to examine a DEMONSTRATION of it, to test that DEMONSTRATION of it, to repeat it to verify, that atheist is using his/her FAITH to BELIEVE it.

So I have to throw myself out of a window to prove to you that I am affected by gravity?

Why don't you prove you can sling your fucking hook?

truelgbt wrote:After all, atheists do believe..... that much we can agree on. Atheists have beliefs too. Unverified ones, in this case.

Take your hook firmly in hand, reach back and sling your fucking hook.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#177  Postby scott1328 » Jan 14, 2022 6:49 pm

non-living matter becomes living matter everytime you eat. Presuming you do not eat live fauna. what you don’t end up pooping out has been incorparated into the living matter that is you or the living matter that is your gut flora and fauna.

of course I’ll leave it as an exercise for the astute Vitalist to determine how one actually goes about distingishing living matter from non-living matter in a consistent, and repeatable way. for the rest of us non-vitalists, it’s a distinction without a difference.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#178  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 14, 2022 7:25 pm

scott1328 wrote:
of course I’ll leave it as an exercise for the astute Vitalist to determine how one actually goes about distingishing living matter from non-living matter in a consistent, and repeatable way. for the rest of us non-vitalists, it’s a distinction without a difference.

One wears tap shoes, the other is the tap shoes.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#179  Postby Jesus Is Lord » Jan 15, 2022 3:08 pm

hackenslash wrote:I can demonstrate unequivocally that there was a time when there was no life on Earth, and now there is.

When was that?
Refugees welcome.
Jesus Is Lord
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#180  Postby hackenslash » Jan 15, 2022 3:36 pm

During the late heavy bombardment, for example. Cosmically, it's even stronger. The history of the universe back to a time very close to the limit of our theories shows that the universe was once incapable of supporting life, because the heaviest element around was beryllium (atomic number 4) in trace amounts at best, while the lightest element capable of the long chains necessary for complex life is carbon (atomic number 6). Everything heavier than beryllium was synthesised in the supernovae of first generation stars, because they're all too heavy to have been synthesised in the big bang.

More here, in a piece about entropy:

All Downhill From Here
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism