What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4761  Postby Scot Dutchy » Nov 06, 2016 11:29 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Amazing. What beliefs are these?

They're in the quote, numbers one through three.

Those are not beliefs but assumptions. Nothing to believe in.

Either way they're not things all atheist assume or believe in.

I know that does he?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#4762  Postby Calilasseia » Nov 06, 2016 12:40 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
They're in the quote, numbers one through three.

Those are not beliefs but assumptions. Nothing to believe in.

Either way they're not things all atheist assume or believe in.

I know that does he?

It would appear not. The mere fact that he regurgitated repeatedly destroyed canards on its own tells us this.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4763  Postby Greyman » Nov 07, 2016 6:35 am

Ah, its the old "objective morals exist, therefore Jesus loves you," bait and switch, with a touch of "atheism implies an uncaring universe, which would be scary-bad" appeal to consequences.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
Greyman

Name: Graham

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4764  Postby Aca » Dec 04, 2016 7:27 pm

How To Understand Your Fundy Atheist Opponent
for theists only
... Your online debating atheist is most likely a narcissist and is pathologically unable to be honest even over trivial and petty issues that have nothing to do about God.
Atheists use tactics known as narcissistic gas lighting aka emotional abuse by invalidation. Google this dynamic and learn about it.
When atheists use phrases such as Word Salad from the start, this is a sweeping dismissal without request for clarification. This is gas lighting.
They'll also tell you that you make no sense. This is gas lighting.
I can appreciate verbiage as word salad but I see it as just not being interested in what my opponent has to say. They're talking from arenas I couldn't care less about.
Dear Theists: if you want to debate an atheist you have to get them out of the God /biology arena and turn the tables on them.
You can debate their foundation, their ideology and their rhetoric as well as their incessant demands for evidence
If all you want to do is testify, I suggest you throw your seeds down the toilet and flush as that's exactly what you're doing.
I will defend Christians as best I can against fundamental atheist punks ,,, and i'm sorry as they give atheism a bad impression. They are vile creatures indeed.
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4765  Postby Alan B » Dec 04, 2016 7:35 pm

Link?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4766  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 05, 2016 1:28 am

Aca wrote:
for theists only
... Your online debating atheist is most likely a narcissist and is pathologically unable to be honest even over trivial and petty issues that have nothing to do about God.
Atheists use tactics known as narcissistic gas lighting aka emotional abuse by invalidation. Google this dynamic and learn about it.
When atheists use phrases such as Word Salad from the start, this is a sweeping dismissal without request for clarification. This is gas lighting.
I can appreciate verbiage as word salad but I see it as just not being interested in what my opponent has to say. They're talking from arenas I couldn't care less about.
Dear Theists: if you want to debate an atheist you have to get them out of the God /biology arena and turn the tables on them.
You can debate their foundation, their ideology and their rhetoric as well as their incessant demands for evidence
If all you want to do is testify, I suggest you throw your seeds down the toilet and flush as that's exactly what you're doing.
I will defend Christians as best I can against fundamental atheist punks ,,, and i'm sorry as they give atheism a bad impression. They are vile creatures indeed.

Please tell this specimen to come here if it thinks it's hard enough.
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4767  Postby Newmark » Dec 05, 2016 9:30 am

Aca wrote:
for theists only

No, that is not gas lighting. What he is saying makes no sense at all. He really should look the term up.

Incidentally, his sweeping dismissal of everything that includes certain phrases (such as "word salad"), without request for clarification, is quite obviously a behavior that should be classified as "gas lighting" if we accept his personal definition of the word...
Newmark

Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#4768  Postby Aca » Dec 05, 2016 9:41 am

Alan B wrote:Link?

Facebook group From religion To Reason, Post by Olivia Mark

https://www.facebook.com/groups/fromREL ... 957402043/

There is much more in the comments
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4769  Postby Aca » Dec 06, 2016 7:07 pm

Bishop claims to make men’s penises larger by massaging them with his hands. He also claims to be able to make women’s breasts bigger

Pics and video in the link

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/bishop-cl ... to=twitter
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4770  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 06, 2016 9:58 pm

Aca wrote:
Bishop claims to make men’s penises larger by massaging them with his hands. He also claims to be able to make women’s breasts bigger

Pics and video in the link

http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/06/bishop-cl ... to=twitter

Oh this is hilarious.

Of course, the thought that men could make their penises bigger, if only temporarily, by massaging said penises with their own hands, is almost certainly one of those thoughts the same bishop would rail against with fire and brimstone preaching.

Another instance, I suspect, of the depressingly predictable tendency in religions, whereby a self-styled "prophet" tells everyone that they have to subject their sexual behaviour to his (it's usually a male "prophet", isn't it?) strict control, but the same doesn't apply to him because he's specially anointed by his magic man.

This latest skidmark on the underpants of humanity wouldn't happen to be related to Warren Jeffs, would he? By something more than the usual common ancestry?

For those unfamiliar with Warren Jeffs, this is the slimeball who told his idiot followers that they needed his personal sanction before having sex, even when married to each other, whilst helping himself to a string of "child brides" (read: underage girls coerced into being recipients of his attentions for the usual Hide The Sausage games).

EDIT: find out more about the creepy Jeffs here, if you have a strong stomach.
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4771  Postby NamelessFaceless » Dec 13, 2016 4:06 pm

Watch this jackass film himself shouting to a bunch of children waiting in line to see Santa that "Santa's not real! Only Jesus is!"

He leaves after being confronted by some angry dads, though. :mrgreen:

NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4772  Postby PensivePenny » Dec 13, 2016 5:02 pm

That is funny. The Irony completely escapes him doesn't it?
When the insanity overshadows, the sanity. The sane take their leave. Last word is up for grabs. Enjoy :cheers:

Peace all
PensivePenny

Name: Penny
Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4773  Postby NamelessFaceless » Dec 13, 2016 7:40 pm

PensivePenny wrote:That is funny. The Irony completely escapes him doesn't it?

:lol: Seems so.
NamelessFaceless

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4774  Postby Rumraket » Dec 14, 2016 10:23 am

http://theskepticalzone.com/wp/fatima-miracle-meteorological-effect-ufo-optical-illusion-or-mass-hallucination/comment-page-2/#comment-153251

It seems to me that a universe in which the unusual only happens in very rare instances is a little odd ...

ffs, you can't make this shit up.
"Nullius in verba" - Take nobody's word for it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba
Rumraket

Male

Denmark (dk)
Print view this post

#4775  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 15, 2016 4:53 am

Rumraket wrote:http://theskepticalzone.com/wp/fatima-miracle-meteorological-effect-ufo-optical-illusion-or-mass-hallucination/comment-page-2/#comment-153251

It seems to me that a universe in which the unusual only happens in very rare instances is a little odd ...

ffs, you can't make this shit up.

Apparently he didn't pay attention to how dictionaries define "unusual" :)
Calilasseia

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#4776  Postby Aca » Dec 15, 2016 7:07 am

Found on the pro-life facebook group, discussing emergency contraception (morning after pill which many of them consider abortifacient)
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (315.78 KiB) Viewed 279 times
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4777  Postby zulumoose » Dec 15, 2016 7:09 am

Apparently he didn't pay attention to how dictionaries define "unusual"

I don't see the problem, really. It depends on the perspective used.

Consider this, there are billions of people in the world, so it would be statistically neutral for thousands of once-in-a-million-lifetime occurrences to happen to individuals globally within an average lifetime. Now with the internet it is very possible to hear about such things quite often, in fact many of them are "youtube moments" now that so many people have video capable phones in their pockets all day.

Something that an individual could only expect to see once in a billion years, is being seen by 6 or 7 people a year, on average.

That's quite awesome when you think about it, makes everyday life seem very bland.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4778  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Dec 15, 2016 7:57 am

Aca wrote:Found on the pro-life facebook group, discussing emergency contraception (morning after pill which many of them consider abortifacient)

Why are these people screaming at their compatriots? Seems rather counterproductive.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4779  Postby Arcanyn » Dec 15, 2016 12:01 pm

Because they desperately want attention. That's what it's really about.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4780  Postby solazy » Dec 15, 2016 12:40 pm

I used to go to church at Christmas. One Xmas Day the priest informed the congregation that Jesus was born on the shortest day of the year. A symbol of the power of light over dark.
That is not so batty but it is inaccurate as the shortest day is either the 20th, 21st or 22nd. And then only in the Northern Hemisphere. They should celebrate Xmas day 6 months later in Australia, and John the Baptist's birthday in December.
The problem is that you cannot rely on anything you are told by the priest. Not even that.
solazy

Name: Steve Wilkes

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism