What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4801  Postby PensivePenny » Dec 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Papa Smurf wrote:I think this, a quote from this, deserves a mention here:

. . . Antimatter is the opposite of matter, it isn’t physical, it’s spiritual, and it’s all around us. It’s also quite elusive and chaotic. As the machines are able to trap and contain chaotic antimatter, they are able to study it, bringing them one step closer to manifesting it physically. . . .

Antimatter would be a demonically charged particle retrieved from the pit, bringing with it chaos and destruction. CERN has coded it in such a way to make it sound positive, when in fact, supersymmetry is unobtainable. Humans are not gods. Thus we could never produce heaven on earth. CERN is building the kingdom of the antichrist, hell on earth. . . .

Get ready for a chaotic 2017 as they use what they found to manipulate our world.


+1

Isn't it funny that if this sort of thing were said outside the context of "God," we'd lock the woman up for psyco evaluation. Yet, being stated in the name of god, it is immune from such scrutiny. We are so desensitized.... :nono:
User avatar
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1245
Age: 54
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4802  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 25, 2016 12:17 am

"Antimatter isn't physical" ... she even begins her deranged ravings with a manifest falsehood. Who let this life form out of the swamp? More to the point, when can we send her back?
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
User avatar
Calilasseia
Moderator
 
Posts: 20571
Age: 55
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4803  Postby Alan B » Dec 25, 2016 11:50 am

Aw, 'cmon. Anti means opposite therefore the opposite to matter is non-matter, 'sobvious, innit? :snooty: :shifty:


Anyway, Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year to all. Let's hope that 2017 is better than 2016!

:drunk: :drunk: :cook: :cook: :hungry: :hungry:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 8475
Age: 80
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4804  Postby aban57 » Dec 25, 2016 1:14 pm

That shouldn't be too hard. Although, with Trump getting power, it might get even worse.
User avatar
aban57
 
Name: Cédric
Posts: 3345
Age: 37

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4805  Postby Scot Dutchy » Dec 25, 2016 1:16 pm

aban57 wrote:That shouldn't be too hard. Although, with Trump getting power, it might get even worse.


And might make the idiot right think again especially in the up and coming elections.

One Trump in the world is one too many.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 35883
Age: 68
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4806  Postby Aca » Jan 02, 2017 5:11 pm

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/playin ... sCatID=393

Playing chess is more sinful than gambling: Muslim televangelist

Turkish televangelist Ahmet Mahmut Ünlü, popularly known as “Cübbeli” Ahmet Hoca (Robed Ahmet Hoca), has raised eyebrows by claiming that playing chess is more sinful than gambling, daily Hürriyet reported on Jan. 2.

Ünlü said chess players were “cursed” and claimed that “most people who played chess are liars.”

“Playing chess is worse than gambling and eating pork ... People who play chess are more prone to lying than others. People who play chess may not say the shahada [declaration of Islamic belief] while they are dying,” he said.

“People who play chess are cursed ... You should count your prayer beads instead of playing games like this,” he added.
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3384
Age: 41
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4807  Postby PensivePenny » Jan 02, 2017 5:34 pm

:rofl: Apparently he's okay with oral sex though (according to the text)... so there IS that! :thumbup:
User avatar
PensivePenny
 
Name: Penny
Posts: 1245
Age: 54
Female

Country: US
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4808  Postby Greyman » Jan 02, 2017 5:36 pm

Aca wrote:http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/playing-chess-is-more-sinful-than-gambling-muslim-televangelist.aspx?pageID=238&nID=108037&NewsCatID=393

You missed the punchline.
More recently, he waded into a debate on the religious permissiveness of oral sex, slamming a colleague for describing it as religiously forbidden, and saying there is no such ban in Islam.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
User avatar
Greyman
 
Name: Graham
Posts: 386
Age: 49

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4809  Postby Alan B » Jan 02, 2017 7:26 pm

The problem with chess is that it encourages a person to think logically and plan ahead...

Can't have that now, can we?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 8475
Age: 80
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4810  Postby aban57 » Jan 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Weren't chess invented by the muslim in the first place ?
User avatar
aban57
 
Name: Cédric
Posts: 3345
Age: 37

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4811  Postby Fenrir » Jan 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Aca wrote:http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/playing-chess-is-more-sinful-than-gambling-muslim-televangelist.aspx?pageID=238&nID=108037&NewsCatID=393

Playing chess is more sinful than gambling: Muslim televangelist

Turkish televangelist Ahmet Mahmut Ünlü, popularly known as “Cübbeli” Ahmet Hoca (Robed Ahmet Hoca), has raised eyebrows by claiming that playing chess is more sinful than gambling, daily Hürriyet reported on Jan. 2.

Ünlü said chess players were “cursed” and claimed that “most people who played chess are liars.”

“Playing chess is worse than gambling and eating pork ... People who play chess are more prone to lying than others. People who play chess may not say the shahada [declaration of Islamic belief] while they are dying,” he said.

“People who play chess are cursed ... You should count your prayer beads instead of playing games like this,” he added.

This is just a petulant tit for tat coz them nasty chess players don't want to be forced to play with a bag on their head.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37560768

Calls for a boycott of next year's Women's World Chess Championship in Tehran, in protest at Iran's strict hijab laws, have prompted a big debate inside Iran in both the official and social media.

At stake are two of the most current and contentious issues in Iran - equal participation for women in sport and increasing resistance among growing numbers of Iranian women to their country's compulsory Islamic dress code.

Religion: it only fails when you test it.-Thunderf00t.
User avatar
Fenrir
 
Posts: 2843
Male

Country: Australia
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands (gs)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4812  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 03, 2017 12:09 pm

A FB post about the Dutch Reformed party possibly wanting to reintroduce the death penalty.
One of the responses:
Nee ik vind dit gewoon een non punt die niet ter discussie staat. Doodstraf mag niet. Punt Bijbel is daar duidelijk over!

Translation: No I think this is a non issue that's not up for discussion. The death penalty should not be legal. Period. The bible is clear about this!

Yep, so clear that for centuries and even to this day Chrisitans are killing not just heathens, but heretics. :crazy:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 25812
Age: 27
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4813  Postby Alan B » Jan 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Fenrir wrote:This is just a petulant tit for tat coz them nasty chess players don't want to be forced to play with a bag on their head.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-37560768

Calls for a boycott of next year's Women's World Chess Championship in Tehran, in protest at Iran's strict hijab laws, have prompted a big debate inside Iran in both the official and social media.

At stake are two of the most current and contentious issues in Iran - equal participation for women in sport and increasing resistance among growing numbers of Iranian women to their country's compulsory Islamic dress code.


Queen Rania - Hijab - Section 11
THE WORD "HIJAB" in the QURAN "Hijab" is the term used by many Muslims women to describe their head cover that may or may not include covering their face except their eyes, and sometimes covering also one eye. The Arabic word "Hijab" can be translated into veil or yashmak. Other meanings for the word "Hijab" include, screen, cover (ing), mantle, curtain, drapes, partition, division, divider.
Can we find the word "Hijab" in the Quran??
The word "Hijab" appeared in the Quran 7 times, five of them as "Hijab" and two times as "Hijaban,". See Quran 7:46, 33:53, 38:32, 41:5, 42:51, 17:45 and 19:17.
None of these "Hijab" words are used in the Quran in reference to what the traditional Muslims call today (Hijab) as a dress code for the Muslim woman.
God knows that generations after Muhammed's death the Muslims will use the word "Hijab" to invent a dress code that He never authorized. God used the word "Hijab" ahead of them just as He used the word "Hadith" ahead of them. Hijab in the Quran has nothing to do with the Muslim Women dress code.

She also goes to some length (in a more complete article - can't find the link) to stress that the Niqab and Burqa are not mentioned in the Koran. These seem to be linked to Islam as an invention of the scholars.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 8475
Age: 80
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4814  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jan 03, 2017 1:16 pm

The hijab is only mentioned in the haddiths but nowhere in the koran.

Revelation of the Hijab

And not clearly either.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 35883
Age: 68
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4815  Postby archibald » Jan 03, 2017 2:05 pm

The battiest thing I've ever heard a believer say was that they were a bat. Granted, it was my mother-in-law, so she may not have been entirely wrong.
"It seems rather obvious that plants have free will. Don't know why that would be controversial."
(John Platko)
archibald
 
Posts: 8588
Male

Country: Northern Ireland
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4816  Postby Aca » Jan 03, 2017 9:34 pm

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/ ... ies-97748/

there are many conspiracy theories crazies in the comments

Freemasonry has a strong agenda on keeping people filled with sinful passions because they are easy to be controlled this way. The entire modern way of life is built to make you wanr food, sex, physical perfection, perverse pleasures, the humor in offending God through blasphemies, exploding one's ego through yoga, make people dream they can be gods and do whatevee they want ibcluding killing each other.
Soros is a puppet, like also his 'enemy' Buffet, and the rest of masters or howver they call themselves. Theirs is a sad story - their lord and other cosmic demons will be eventually be destroyed by God and the Angels and they will be left alone small humans filled with sins and too proud to repent. Hell wasn't created by Satan, he can't promise people to be kings there, he's not one. There is only one Creator - God. Soros and the lot should make amends with Him instead of being proud and wining and teach people how to start a war with God.
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3384
Age: 41
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4817  Postby Aca » Jan 12, 2017 2:25 pm

:coffee:
Attachments
15826200_1670413319651674_2294145949370029222_n.jpg
15826200_1670413319651674_2294145949370029222_n.jpg (20.09 KiB) Viewed 373 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3384
Age: 41
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4818  Postby Aca » Jan 15, 2017 3:06 pm

Facebook comment, under an article where a politician said that men should not have a say on abortion

...understand this........1. a women has NO right to decide anything to do with her unborn child or her body, simply because her child and her body are NOT her own.....yes you heard correctly, NOT her own.......whose are they then?? they belong to the One you say you do not believe in, that is God Almighty......only He has a RIGHT over anyone's life, for He gave it and He take it away........but ofcourse now you (and others) will call me 'religious' and may loose interest in my comments....well that is your choice, if we as a nation are going to continue thinking and dictating that God and politics do not mix, well they do!! and I was saying my friend, no, I am not 'religious' but one who has a relationship with Jesus because by the way, He is alive and we can talk to Him the same way we talk to each other....try it!!.......2. a man most certainly has a say in the matter because, lest you do not know, it so happens that a woman, alone, cannot conceive a child, does this bring your memory back?? therefore do not dust your responsibilities off your shoulders....if a woman kills her and your child, you both are murderers......sounds ugly right, so we prefer to use the phrase 'terminated pregnancy'..........
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3384
Age: 41
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4819  Postby Fallible » Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm not religious, but I have a relationship with Jesus. Pfffff... :tehe:
Arcade Fire wrote:Afterlife. I think I saw what happens next. It was just a glimpse of you like looking through a window or a shallow sea. Could you see me?
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 42209
Age: 44
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4820  Postby Aca » Jan 20, 2017 6:32 am

Fight for the "holly cross" in Bulgaria

on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3384
Age: 41
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests