What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4821  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 21, 2017 11:58 pm

I can't even tell if someone's a Poe or not:
Dude Trump keeps mentioning God and I love it. SOOOO politically incorrect! Go President Trump!
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#4822  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 22, 2017 12:00 am

In that same thread, prompted by remarks about the drizzle:
In Noah time, that was not a rain but a greatest storm, tornadoes, and powerful hurricanes continuous for 40 days and 40 nights. It was a blessing for Noah and his family because he had not suffered any flood but restored all the waters that he would be needed for many years for his family and his animals. Yesterday, you could not called it a rain, just a sprinkler for a few second---A misty shower. I was there, don't dare to fool me, you idiot. If Noah was not a blessed man, you would not be here today you ungrateful idiot. Because he was a good man, God save him to be a father of a new generation... Every time when men acting stupid and blasphemy against God, God destroyed them. Learn a lesson you stupid generation. The Chastisement already happened in so many countries, don't be so stupid arrogant against the Great God. Nobody mock God and live.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4823  Postby aban57 » Jan 23, 2017 10:47 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:In that same thread, prompted by remarks about the drizzle:
In Noah time, that was not a rain but a greatest storm, tornadoes, and powerful hurricanes continuous for 40 days and 40 nights. It was a blessing for Noah and his family because he had not suffered any flood but restored all the waters that he would be needed for many years for his family and his animals. Yesterday, you could not called it a rain, just a sprinkler for a few second---A misty shower. I was there, don't dare to fool me, you idiot. If Noah was not a blessed man, you would not be here today you ungrateful idiot. Because he was a good man, God save him to be a father of a new generation... Every time when men acting stupid and blasphemy against God, God destroyed them. Learn a lesson you stupid generation. The Chastisement already happened in so many countries, don't be so stupid arrogant against the Great God. Nobody mock God and live.

Last week, I pointed out, again, that since god made men in his image, and since gays and trangender people were all born this way, then god's orientation are questionnable.

I'm still alive.

Plus there is no mention of storm, tornado or hurricane in Noah's story in the bible, only rain.
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4824  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 24, 2017 11:45 am

In a FB discussion about a schoolplay with LGBT themes, posted by a homophobe who opposes the play:
You don't know what the term snowflakes is. And just because I don't agree with something does not mean I don't respect it. That's what snowflakes and liberals do, not conservatives.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4825  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 24, 2017 11:47 am

In that same discussion:
I don't understand homosexuality. I probably never will. Do I agree with it? No. But I do respect how other people choose to live their lives. That being said... with all of this homosexuality talk being unnatural... I do have a question... why is it so hard for gays to come out? Come out to their friends and family... especially their parents? Is it because they know that it's not how the sexes were created to procreate? Do they feel guilty? Homosexuality is supposed to be so accepted now days but if you're not doing anything wrong.. why such fear in coming out?

:banghead:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4826  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jan 24, 2017 11:51 am

Maicol, it's a war of spirits. In the end, Jesus wins, but it's probably going get worse before he decides to end it. He really wants more people saved first.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4827  Postby Fallible » Jan 24, 2017 7:43 pm

He doesn't agree with homosexuality - like it's a fiscal policy or something. What a winkie plop.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#4828  Postby aban57 » Jan 24, 2017 8:18 pm

Fallible wrote:He doesn't agree with homosexuality - like it's a fiscal policy or something. What a winkie plop.

Believers have managed to spread this idea that homosexuality/transgender is a choice very broadly. It will be impossible to get rid of homophobia as long as this stupidity is in people's mind.
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4829  Postby Cnidarian_King » Jan 25, 2017 4:35 am

Based on what he spews, I'm surprised he doesn't know why it is hard to come out.
"Living with uncertainty is hard for many people, and is one of the reasons why people prefer religious truths that are presented as absolute." -Jerry A. Coyne, Faith vs. Fact
"An egg is an impossible enclosure for Deity."- M.B.E.
Cnidarian_King

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4830  Postby zulumoose » Jan 25, 2017 7:43 am

I think there is this mindset among some conservatives that the level of acceptance in society is ridiculously high, therefore coming out is easy. They don't get that if 51% of the population are accepting, it still means 49% are on some level finding it unacceptable.

If someone thinks acceptance levels are too high, it puts them firmly on the other side of the fence, whether they consider themselves to be neutral or not.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4831  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 01, 2017 3:58 pm

I was googling for reviews of Stargate SG1, when I came across this:
http://trufax.org/matrix5/welcome.html

In 1999, the same year the Matrix V Project began, the public was shown the movie Matrix in theaters, which gave a glimpse into the possibilities inherent in technological manipulation of society and individual reality. It left a lot of people thinking about the reality in which we exist on this planet. But, there is a real Matrix that is even larger than anything even hinted at in the movie - a Matrix in which human experience on Earth is but a small part of a much larger picture - beyond society, beyond the planet, beyond the alien paradigms, beyond religion and beyond all belief systems on the 3rd and 4th densities. The "big questions" that people have on this planet - why we're here, who we really are and what life is really about - are not questions that cultures have answers for. There are plenty of "new age" paradigms around, but none of them have any real answers either, which is why people are stuck on "the eternal search" for truth. They won't find it within their Earth-bound personality, within all the paradigms that permeate all cultures on the planet that depend on identification with body and gender, and they won't find it in the paradigms of religion. Where is it, and what is really going on here on Earth?

One of the keys to discovery of the Ultimate Matrix is out-of body experience and long-time observation of what is actually out there, who we really are, and what it means to incarnate in a body here on Earth. Matrix V is all about your Higher Self, who you really are, your journey of self-discovery on this planet, and what's really going on, both here on Earth and in the density levels which lie just outside our 3rd density level. It is not based on beliefs or belief systems. The scope of the material in Matrix V exceeds that of any existing literature, which will become quite evident to the reader. If you identify with your body or your gender, or are comfortable in your "human" existence, do not buy Matrix V. You will not be ready for this advanced material, which is geared toward Advanced, Dominant and Final 3rd density incarnational perspectives. Matrix V is, no doubt, one of the most spiritually enlightening books ever printed, and at the same time to the factions that control this planet - and control anything anywhere - this is the most dangerous information ever released to mankind because it discusses who we really are, what the polarity-based control structures are really about, and the truth about incarnational experience on Earth. It is also a book that concerns accurate information about what is beyond the 3rd density and higher, based on direct observational explorations that have lasted more than a decade. It is a book that deals with the big questions in life - who we are, and why we are here.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4832  Postby DavidMcC » Feb 01, 2017 6:05 pm

http://trufax.org/matrix5/welcome.html
There has always been a limited alien presence on earth, both of Orion/Sirian Empires...

Wow! I guess these guys really do take Stargate SG1 as some kind of documentary! :roll:

PS, Thanks for the link, Thomas. It was entertaining.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4833  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Feb 01, 2017 6:11 pm

DavidMcC wrote:http://trufax.org/matrix5/welcome.html
There has always been a limited alien presence on earth, both of Orion/Sirian Empires...

Wow! I guess these guys really do take Stargate SG1 as some kind of documentary! :roll:

PS, Thanks for the link, Thomas. It was entertaining.

Neither are part of the SG universe.
Star Trek has Orion pirates, but that's about it.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4834  Postby Agrippina » Feb 15, 2017 2:18 pm

I have to talk about this here because I don't want to hurt people I love on Facebook.

Some people know about my water disaster earlier this week, I call it the "swamp". Over the past couple of days I've had all sorts of men come into my home to mostly oversee the work that very competent workmen are doing to clean up the mess.

In the course of the waiting while the work gets done, they look at my bookshelf, either noticing my books, and asking about them, or they see the god collection and we talk about that.

One of them today was asking why I have gods from all different parts of the world. So I explained that the worship of gods is something that interests me, and I handed him my books to look at. He read the blurb at the back, and asked what I meant about "faulty science". Oh dear! I realised I had a "believer" on my hands and had to think very quickly. So I said, "for one thing, let's talk about the flood, how did the penguins from Antarctica and the kangaroos from Australia, get to Israel, so they could board the ark?" His answer: at that time, the continents were all one, and they simply walked across.

I was a little rattled. "Really," I said, "you believe that the continent shift happened less than 5000 years ago?"

He tried to get out of it, with how the earth is only 6000 years old and all the changes in the earth have happened since then.

So I asked him whether he knew that the continents are still moving, and that they split long before the last ice age which was 10,000 years ago so how did he explain that. He changed the subject asked if I believe Jesus was real, then was rattled when I said I didn't think he was entirely a myth. I'm a little on the fence about that. So then he asked if I believed he was "the son of God" to which I replied that did he believe that people who'd never heard of him were sinners and were going to hell. He said he didn't think hell was real. So I said yes, Pope Francis agrees with you, but then what's the point of praying and repenting etc etc if you're going to heaven anyway? He decided he'd better check on his workers, avoided the conversation after that.

Sigh! people are so silly. They find out you're an atheist then get rattled when you don't tell them they're deluded. I also asked him if he realised that he too is an atheist. He didn't understand what I meant, so I said there were over 2000 gods that people believe in, and he believes in only one, so he's an atheist about all the other gods. I don't think anyone's ever used those arguments on him before. Now he has something to talk to his pastor about. Poor old guy!
Illegitimi non carborundum
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4835  Postby Alan B » Feb 15, 2017 2:39 pm

I like that last bit. I'll use it when get my next 'visit'.
:cheers:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#4836  Postby Agrippina » Feb 16, 2017 6:57 am

Yeah. I've learnt a lot about being an atheist and arguing with these morons from knowing you guys. It really annoys me that this is a man who owns and runs a very successful carpet-cleaning business, and now because he felt he had to preach to me, I'm going to his competition in the future instead. I'm not giving my money to any church, even if only by supporting the business of a Jesus-freak.

The issue with our house being flooded was caused by the ineptitude of another guy, the village's favourite plumber and the go-to guy for plumbing repairs for insurance claims. He blocked an illegal water pipe connection with concrete, instead of using a proper seal, which let water trickle through between the two layers of the outside walls. This was over a year ago that he did the work. His crappy fix has caused us a week of inconvenience, stress, and a second insurance claim. And guess what, he loves jesus so much he even wears his name on his shirts, and makes his workers wear it on their overalls.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4837  Postby zulumoose » Feb 16, 2017 7:19 am

It really annoys me that this is a man who owns and runs a very successful carpet-cleaning business, and now because he felt he had to preach to me, I'm going to his competition in the future instead.

Luckily you have that option, I work for a company that has now put "Christian principles" in their job descriptions, and uses bible verses in their branch update meetings. I was the only person apparently from 80 employees who would not sign my new job description until the religious references were removed, and the MD publically apologises to me in meetings before a religious reference, then carries on.

Rather uncomfortable, but apparently legal, they were careful with their wording.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4838  Postby Agrippina » Feb 17, 2017 4:22 am

I'm pleased to hear that. Someone I heard about on a FB group who refused the daily religious briefings was threatened with being fired. He counter-threatened going to the CCMA, and they relented but he left anyway because his life at work was too unpleasant. Unfortunately not everyone has the luxury of being able to leave a job for these reasons these days.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4839  Postby Alan B » Feb 17, 2017 9:29 am

I think what he should have done was to let them fire him and then take them to court for wrongful dismissal. Give them the publicity they deserve.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4840  Postby Nicko » Feb 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Agrippina wrote:He tried to get out of it, with how the earth is only 6000 years old and all the changes in the earth have happened since then.

Of all the YEC arguments I have heard, it's the ones in this vein I find cutest of all. Denying the findings of science because they conflict with a literal interpretation of the Bible, then positing a far greater rate of change than any scientific theory proposes to shore up other discrepancies.

If the continents had shifted from the "Gondwanaland" supercontinent to their current configuration in a mere 5000 years, the entire of recorded history would have been the record of one continuous violent earthquake punctuated at frequent intervals by massive volcanic eruptions.

The other main one is attempting to get around the problem of there not being enough space on the ark for all the animals Noah was supposed to stock it with by positing that Noah only had two of every "kind" on the thing (two felines, two canines, two bovines etc.) and then "microevolution" resulted in the speciation we now observe. Failing to notice that this requires that evolution move at a pace far beyond anything proposed by the most optimistic of "Darwinists".

Related, though not quite the same thing, is the attempt to "refute" carbon dating by claiming - absent any evidence of course - that the speed of light has been decreasing since Ado and Evie got evicted from a certain Garden. Ignoring the fact that if the speed of light were so much faster a couple thousand years ago, then every process involving energy would have been many times more energetic. Our fictional forebears would have been incinerated by the heat of their own biological processes long before Evie could have said, "So who the fuck are you?" to a certain talking snake.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism