What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#4861  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 07, 2017 8:17 am

A la Trump.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4862  Postby Agrippina » Mar 07, 2017 8:19 am

:thumbup:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4863  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 07, 2017 8:25 am

What amazes me he defied a basic political rule and gets away with it. He managed to convince a (apparently a major) section of the American electorate that he is working for them. I know education is not great in America but this mass acceptance is beyond definition. Are they so stupid?

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4864  Postby Agrippina » Mar 07, 2017 10:12 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:What amazes me he defied a basic political rule and gets away with it. He managed to convince a (apparently a major) section of the American electorate that he is working for them. I know education is not great in America but this mass acceptance is beyond definition. Are they so stupid?

They are. Not all of them, but mostly ignorance is valued as a "salt of the earth" quality. Somehow not knowing anything makes Jesus love you. :roll:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4865  Postby Arcanyn » Mar 07, 2017 10:25 am

An intelligent population is dangerous to the people in power, especially when those people are in power with the aim of exploiting the population as much as possible, and lying about their intentions to keep people voting for them. Naturally such individuals will want to demonise intelligence, and glorify stupidity, to reduce the number of people who can see through their BS.
Never ascribe to stupidity that which is the logical consequence of malice.
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4866  Postby Agrippina » Mar 07, 2017 10:28 am

Absolutely. Which is why humans created religion, and made the gods speak only to the priests who invented them. Ignorance, especially ignorance of the gods' message, which can only be delivered by people who extort payment from the ignorant is how religion has managed to survive for all of humankind's existence.
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4867  Postby Aca » Mar 11, 2017 6:04 am

http://www.joemygod.com/2017/03/10/help ... s-witches/

The Christian site Charisma News has produced a helpful 35-minute instructional video on how to stop witches from casting spells against you. They write:

The devil’s trick witch witchcraft is to make it seem all innocent and fun. “Witchcraft can be very deceptive, and it can manifest in many ways in our lives,” former witch Beth Eckert says.

“A lot of us are used to thinking that witchcraft is just what you see on TV and in the movies. What comes to mind is Maleficent in the Disney movie, or the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz or Harry Potter. So things that are fun or perfectly innocent and good like Harry Potter or things that are so far out of our reality that we can’t even comprehend that it would be something real.”

That’s how it sneaks in. Before you know it, you may be under an attack. Watch the video for the signs and how to stop them.

on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4868  Postby Manticore » Mar 13, 2017 5:09 pm

"Gibble gabble gabble gibble gurgle lubble gibble babble beeble triggle. Libble gabble gabble ibble gurgle gubble tibble babble feeble riggle. Gibble gabble sabble gibble surgle gubble gibble babble beeble giggle. Bibble gabble gabble babble gurgle gubble gibble tribble beeble figgle. Fibble gabble fobble gibble gurgle bubble gibble tabble beeble giggle."

That's what they all sound like to me.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

#4869  Postby Tinker Grey » Mar 14, 2017 1:33 am

Manticore wrote:"Gibble gabble gabble gibble gurgle lubble gibble babble beeble triggle. Libble gabble gabble ibble gurgle gubble tibble babble feeble riggle. Gibble gabble sabble gibble surgle gubble gibble babble beeble giggle. Bibble gabble gabble babble gurgle gubble gibble tribble beeble figgle. Fibble gabble fobble gibble gurgle bubble gibble tabble beeble giggle."

That's what they all sound like to me.

Pentecostal church?
Tinker Grey

Print view this post

#4870  Postby Manticore » Mar 15, 2017 7:57 am

Woo peddlers of all varieties.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

#4871  Postby Aca » Mar 19, 2017 9:13 am

:coffee:
Attachments
2017-03-19 10.09.01.png
2017-03-19 10.09.01.png (774.66 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4872  Postby Fallible » Mar 19, 2017 10:12 am

lol?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4873  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 19, 2017 3:15 pm

This article.
The hypocricy, selective blindness, projection and straight up misrepresentations are staggering.
http://www.crisismagazine.com/2013/are-religious-teachings-fairy-tales

... The atheist, hearing this breathtaking account of goodness beyond all expectations, turns in relief to Science, congratulates himself for avoiding such fantasies, and assures anyone willing to listen that it may not be a comforting thought, but “here’s the way things really are” ...

... Why would the Creator want to do this for mortals like you and me—with a special concern for thieves and public sinners and “lost sheep”? The Christian religion offers us a completely absurd extreme of love, transcending all human concepts, and is thus absolutely credible!
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4874  Postby Aca » Mar 26, 2017 8:40 am

Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4875  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 26, 2017 10:52 am

I think he needs one of these:

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#4876  Postby Aca » Mar 27, 2017 8:08 am

A Dallas evangelist told his followers that an "anointed cake" baked by "hookers" turned a gay man straight.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas/20 ... elist-says
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4877  Postby Aca » May 21, 2017 5:18 am

https://www.indy100.com/article/flat-ea ... re-7746121

A man took a spirit level on a plane to prove the earth is flat

A flat-earth conspiracy theorist took a spirit level on a plane to “prove” the earth is flat. He also filmed it... Presumably in the name of science?

YouTuber D Marble flew from North Carolina to Seattle to see if the pilot would dip the nose of the plane to “compensate for curvature”.
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#4878  Postby Nicko » May 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Agrippina wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:What amazes me he defied a basic political rule and gets away with it. He managed to convince a (apparently a major) section of the American electorate that he is working for them. I know education is not great in America but this mass acceptance is beyond definition. Are they so stupid?

They are. Not all of them, but mostly ignorance is valued as a "salt of the earth" quality. Somehow not knowing anything makes Jesus love you. :roll:

It's actually a pretty recent phenomenon.

US "conservatives" and "libertarians" essentially fled academia. The result is a mindset among them that equates education with being "liberal".

Of course, there's also the narrative that the flight of the right from higher education was prompted by the takeover of universities by the Left.

It's kind of a chicken-and-egg thing.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4879  Postby aban57 » May 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Nicko wrote:
Agrippina wrote:

It's actually a pretty recent phenomenon.

US "conservatives" and "libertarians" essentially fled academia. The result is a mindset among them that equates education with being "liberal".

Of course, there's also the narrative that the flight of the right from higher education was prompted by the takeover of universities by the Left.

It's kind of a chicken-and-egg thing.

A chicken that would be too dumb to know what to do with his egg.
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4880  Postby Nicko » May 21, 2017 1:03 pm

aban57 wrote:A chicken that would be too dumb to know what to do with his egg.

:lol:
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism