What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5581  Postby Calilasseia » May 15, 2018 9:29 pm

So you've encountered someone else who never paid attention in physics class ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
User avatar
Calilasseia
RS Donator
 
Posts: 21789
Age: 56
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5582  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 16, 2018 9:41 am

It is all faith. A word without content. It means nothing.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 40431
Age: 69
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5583  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

The theist from my previous post:
I dísagree that I've ignored the logic you acuse me of. shall we continue on this topic we have already disagreed on forever? is that what your plan is?

Why do some people (not limited to theists) think that just saying you disagree is a refutation?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5584  Postby Calilasseia » May 16, 2018 9:59 pm

Indeed. "I disagree" is merely an opinion. "I disagree because the following substantive reasons lead me to this conclusion" is somewhat different. A distinction that tends to be lost on apologetics pedlars, because most of them are blissfully ignorant of even elementary rules of discourse.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
User avatar
Calilasseia
RS Donator
 
Posts: 21789
Age: 56
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5585  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 17, 2018 6:42 am

Calilasseia wrote:Indeed. "I disagree" is merely an opinion. "I disagree because the following substantive reasons lead me to this conclusion" is somewhat different. A distinction that tends to be lost on apologetics pedlars, because most of them are blissfully ignorant of even elementary rules of discourse.

Indeed. When I pointed out that his personal incredulity is not a valid rebuttal, he once again responded with "I disagree, I'm unconvinced". :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5586  Postby Sendraks » May 17, 2018 7:31 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:When I pointed out that his personal incredulity is not a valid rebuttal, he once again responded with "I disagree, I'm unconvinced". :roll:


At which point the correct response would be.

"That would be a 'you' problem."
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 14848
Age: 102
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5587  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 17, 2018 8:54 am

Sendraks wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:When I pointed out that his personal incredulity is not a valid rebuttal, he once again responded with "I disagree, I'm unconvinced". :roll:


At which point the correct response would be.

"That would be a 'you' problem."

Yup. :nod:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5588  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 20, 2018 7:26 am

I posted this and only this:
"Being godless also means being a #hypocrite on an extremely large scale"
Correction; being an internet apologist page means posting dishonest straw-man charicatures.


The FB page owner then responded by demonstrating my point:
^^^^^^so says the guy who thinks slime and theoretical years literally created creatures^^^^^^

godless logic = giving you personal opinion 1000% based upon your reality that you came from a magical soup.

But these opinions that obviously you threw out as some sort of "evidence" where is the information that backs your claims or would you like to continue blaming everyone and everything for your personal lack of FAITH in creation?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5589  Postby Fallible » May 20, 2018 10:13 am

1000%. Wonderful.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 46890
Age: 45
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5590  Postby Moonwatcher » May 21, 2018 7:17 pm

They may not be the battiest but they are the most recent.

If there's no God, who created gravity?

If there's no God, why are there traces of silica and soil in our bodies? This proves that God created man from the earth.
We're holograms projected by a scientist riding on the back of an elephant in a garden imagined by a goose in a snow globe on the mantel of a fireplace imagined in a book in the dreams of a child sleeping in his mother's lap.
User avatar
Moonwatcher
 
Posts: 2018
Age: 60
Male

Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5591  Postby Aca » May 23, 2018 9:00 am

Atheists claim Christians are awful people if they need someone watching over them to not murder—but on the same token atheists kill people because they believe no one is watching over them. The latter is obviously much worse because there are no moral restraints for the atheist to not murder. History has demonstrated the nature of atheism is autocratic and violent because atheists substitute themselves as judge, jury, and executioner of anyone who poses a threat to their worldview. Fearing God is obviously healthy for the reasons stated above.


from here
Code: Select all
https://www.facebook.com/EvolutionandAtheismRekt/


and this is nothing, there is so much more crazy stuff there
Attachments
111.jpg
111.jpg (73.5 KiB) Viewed 410 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3413
Age: 43
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5592  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Evolution defies every law of science to even exist. Evolution is not fact and there is not a single shred of evidence to support it. That's why the theory of evolution keeps changing. But the word of God still stands true and is supported by science


I believe in adaptation but evolution is silly science . Nothing can change from one species to a completely different one just because ....the complexity of DNA itself disproves it .


Sorry I didn't reply earlier . I was in church . Adaptation is completely different than evolution . Yes a deer adapts to an environmental change but that in no way changes their DNA . But to say than man evolved from single cell sludge in a swamp is Ludacris . And even if it cld happen , where did this single cell life form come from ??? There's zero evidence to support macro evolution ! U are no doubt a very smart person . If u can show me where man as smart as some are has ever created life even one single cell then your argument might be able to make me at least look at it closer . Till then , God Bless and have a great weekend .
Last edited by Thomas Eshuis on May 27, 2018 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5593  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 27, 2018 4:19 pm

there is no scientific evidence for macro evolution , only the assumption that if micro evolution does take place, macro evolution could. We have taken the Hardy-Weinberg Principle and merely assumed that it could lead to speciation, though we have NEVER observed such. Belief in that theory, in the absence of its proof is no less a leap of faith than ID.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5594  Postby Greyman » May 27, 2018 10:14 pm

It's either cute or depressing that, in 2018, they still think their readers won't bother to google "observation of speciation" ... or the "Hardy-Weinberg Principle" for that matter.
"And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - T. Tick.
User avatar
Greyman
 
Name: Graham
Posts: 485
Age: 50

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5595  Postby theropod » May 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Most of the vocal few left are the whack jobs that buy snake oil buy the truckload.

RS
17 years off-grid and counting.

Sleeping in the hen house doesn't make you a chicken.
User avatar
theropod
RS Donator
 
Name: Roger
Posts: 7207
Age: 64
Male

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5596  Postby Calilasseia » May 28, 2018 1:24 pm

Apparently the idiots posting that apologetics, fail to understand that what stops us from committing murder, is recognition of the harm that would be inflicted upon the victim, coupled with an understanding of the principle of reciprocity. That's all we need.
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
User avatar
Calilasseia
RS Donator
 
Posts: 21789
Age: 56
Male

Country: England
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5597  Postby Arcanyn » May 28, 2018 3:12 pm

Calilasseia wrote:Apparently the idiots posting that apologetics, fail to understand that what stops us from committing murder, is recognition of the harm that would be inflicted upon the victim, coupled with an understanding of the principle of reciprocity. That's all we need.


If that doesn't occur to someone, it's probably a good indicator that they're a psychopath. The idea of factoring in how one's actions affect others into one's decision making is something that a psychopath will intrinsically find to be utterly pointless.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
User avatar
Arcanyn
 
Posts: 1407
Age: 33
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5598  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 28, 2018 6:00 pm

It's funny, materialists will find any fallacious excuse to ignore the arguments... "credentials"... the much criticized "peer review" process... Never mind that Meyer is a physicist and philosopher of science, which perfectly positions him to make exactly the arguments he makes.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5599  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 29, 2018 4:02 am

Meyer did his doctoral work on the philosophy of science. Science is predicated on philosophy. Without philosophy, there is no science. The question of whether a particular intellectual enterprise is scientific it's one that's settled in philosophy, and that's Meyer's domain. And you haven't answered a single argument, you just like to posture. I doubt you even know what his arguments are.

Note that the author hasn't made any arguments, but rather solely appealed to Meyer's supposed authority.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5600  Postby Thomas Eshuis » May 29, 2018 4:11 am

Oh Dunning and Kurger:
Those who believe in God have no idea who God is. But they wisely believe in God. Those who believe in Scientism have no idea where existence began. They wisely search for that beginning. The so-called Bible myths in actuality are way beyond our reasoning, at worst let's say they'll get you across the parking lot on a good day. The Creation story states that the earth's land was laid over the waters, which is a cosmic poem bookmark of sorts. On closer inspection, do the planetary water/ice ratios provide empirical proof? The Big Bang is a subset of something else. A cosmic IED existed. Really? Science has no enforceable set of ethics based on a higher power than science itself and for all it's life-saving advances, its greater progress in wartime and the taking of human life because Science has no conscience although its productivity benefits good and evil. Oops, scratch out that word evil, sorry.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 28797
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests