What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5661  Postby BlackBart » Aug 09, 2018 11:08 am

Alan B wrote:Just watched "Monstrous Machines" in the Victorian Age on BBC.

When fossil dinosaurs began to be dug up, the religious nutjobs of the day explained their demise was because they couldn't fit on Noah's Ark.

I don't think much has changed...

So basically this Noah bloke fucked up. Seeings as the design brief was an ark that could hold ALL the worlds animals.

Bodge artist. :nono:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#5662  Postby Animavore » Aug 09, 2018 11:13 am

I don't know if people were really religious nutjobs back then. It was standard belief and not as much was known about geology, archaeology, paleontology, biology, and stuff back then. It wasn't like these people were nutty outliers.

Now, however, given all we know, religious believers are, to paraphrase Romans 1:20, without excuse.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5663  Postby Scot Dutchy » Aug 09, 2018 11:27 am

In oral traditions fire side stories were a story telling competition. Story telling was a profession so telling tall stories was in great demand. What probably started about a farmer saving his cattle by using a boat when the river flooded turned into the Noah story. For those people the concept of the "world" would be a very small place.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5664  Postby Aca » Aug 09, 2018 5:37 pm

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2018/fetid-sea-swim

The gaying of the Church is perhaps the most diabolical attack the Devil has ever launched against the Catholic Faith.

First, there is the massive damage done to the Church: the thousands of victims, the hundreds of millions in payouts, the bankruptcy of dioceses, and the cratering of ecclesial credibility.

And yet, in our society is there a more sympathetic group than gays? Is there a more favored group? So sympathetic are they, so eager are we to cover their sins and cower before them, that when the long Lent came and more than 80 percent of the victims were young men, we were eager to claim these homosexual assaults weren’t homosexual at all but pedophile, which we were quickly told has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Then consider that in order for the Church to regain her moral authority, in order to fight this terrible scourge, made even worse by recent revelations, the Church must turn on this most favored group and receive even more hatred and scorn for it.
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#5665  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

Aca wrote:https://www.crisismagazine.com/2018/fetid-sea-swim

The gaying of the Church is perhaps the most diabolical attack the Devil has ever launched against the Catholic Faith.

First, there is the massive damage done to the Church: the thousands of victims, the hundreds of millions in payouts, the bankruptcy of dioceses, and the cratering of ecclesial credibility.

And yet, in our society is there a more sympathetic group than gays? Is there a more favored group? So sympathetic are they, so eager are we to cover their sins and cower before them, that when the long Lent came and more than 80 percent of the victims were young men, we were eager to claim these homosexual assaults weren’t homosexual at all but pedophile, which we were quickly told has nothing to do with homosexuality.

Then consider that in order for the Church to regain her moral authority, in order to fight this terrible scourge, made even worse by recent revelations, the Church must turn on this most favored group and receive even more hatred and scorn for it.

Fucking cowards, not only hiding behind their religion but also conflating pedophelia with homosexuality. :yuk:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5666  Postby i have no avatar » Aug 10, 2018 2:03 am

My bold. And their almighty god didn't do a fucking thing about it. I wonder why not? :scratch:

Thomas Eshuis wrote:

Fucking cowards, not only hiding behind their religion but also conflating pedophelia with homosexuality. :yuk:

:nod:
but i do have a signature
i have no avatar

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism