What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5821  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 19, 2019 8:12 am

I like the idea they were all written in a monastery by a group of monks. Each adding his own bit. Like project team.
The guy writing Mark was the first.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#5822  Postby Svartalf » Apr 19, 2019 8:58 am

Well, AFAIK, they all can be dated to the first century, the most recent, being John which is dated about 98-100 AD. but yeah , even the oldest, Mark, dates about 60 so 30 years after the Passion.

and I don't really know if Mark, Matthew and Luke are attributions to fully anonymous texts, but John claims to be "the disciple whom Jesus Loved", thus breaking the anonymity barrier, even if it's a blatant lie as it would have been penned by a near centenarian.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5823  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Svartalf wrote:Well, AFAIK, they all can be dated to the first century, the most recent, being John which is dated about 98-100 AD. but yeah , even the oldest, Mark, dates about 60 so 30 years after the Passion.

and I don't really know if Mark, Matthew and Luke are attributions to fully anonymous texts,

They are. The church made those attributions up, the most original texts we have are not signed nor give the name of the authors in any other way.

Svartalf wrote:
but John claims to be "the disciple whom Jesus Loved", thus breaking the anonymity barrier, even if it's a blatant lie as it would have been penned by a near centenarian.

That is also a latter attribution. The author does not name himself, nor do the other gospels identify John as the most beloved or vice versa. Finally 'John's' account contradicts those of the other gospels on several crucial points.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5824  Postby Svartalf » Apr 19, 2019 1:08 pm

never said the reverse, but the author of John claims to be one of the apostles, and the text can reliably be attributed to John of Patmos, also author of Revelation, and possibly some of the epistles.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5825  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Note this post is not so much a critique of you, but of the rather common apologist claims you seem to be repeating, unaware.
Svartalf wrote:never said the reverse, but the author of John claims to be one of the apostles

Said author offers no evidence for that claim, or which specific apostles he is.

Svartalf wrote:and the text can reliably be attributed to John of Patmos, also author of Revelation, and possibly some of the epistles.

It really can't, that's a semi-common myth perpetuated by apologists, based on unsupported claims from ancient Church fathers.
Modern studies doubt that it was written by John.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5826  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 20, 2019 3:59 pm

I'm not sure I understand this. I've never heard a believer say anything that strikes me as crazy.
The burden of proof falls on the ,,,theist.
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#5827  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 20, 2019 4:01 pm

Crazy = divorced from reality. Does that help?
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#5828  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Crazy = divorced from reality. Does that help?

Without context, afraid not.
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#5829  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Are you an atheist PK?
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#5830  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 20, 2019 4:16 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Are you an atheist PK?

Perhaps I should have made it clear that I was asking you a question. I'll try again. Can you give some context?
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#5831  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Context...er a conversation in life. Perhaps now that I've answered your question, insensible as I perceive it to be, you could do me the kindness of answering mine?
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#5832  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 20, 2019 4:36 pm

I've got a Supply-side Jesus worshiper on Youtube.

you can only be conservative and christian.

did you pay attention the video is substituting personal responsibility for govt responsibility. if you are doctor treat poor for free, dont support govt taxing people high so you have insurance, thats theft. make sure compassion means rebuke people from their sins so they can change, dont bake a for something as sinful as man marrying man, that is condoning their sins which will bring them to helll

you cant be fake and conservative, you are either conservative or fake christian. i think you are confusing conservative with liberal, they are the ones who support homos, feminism, birth control, break in, theft, abortion... those are against values of christianity

christian is conservative, liberalism is evil

correct female and male are in Christ as humans, but each one was created for different reasons, thats why jesus never had women as disciples, because women werent created to lead, provide or protect, but give birth, nurse the kids, and housekeeping. if you use science, evolutionism is thrown in the dumpers, science proves creation, for example even the narrative of bible which teaches all animals were created in one day, thats because science teaches life cant even survive 5 minutes w/o being complete, thats why if one of your organ isnt working properly you are put on life support
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#5833  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Crazy = divorced from reality.

Why don't you give some examples of something that a believer has said to you that you feel is divorced from reality. That's what I meant when I said to you to give context. I really didn't think I had to clarify my question yet again, but here we are. And don't worry, I will answer your question just as soon as you do me the courtesy of giving a proper answer to mine.
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#5834  Postby Scot Dutchy » Apr 20, 2019 4:55 pm

FFS another one. Just FO sunshine you will be demolished.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5835  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:

Why don't you give some examples of something that a believer has said to you that you feel is divorced from reality. That's what I meant when I said to you to give context. I really didn't think I had to clarify my question yet again, but here we are. And don't worry, I will answer your question just as soon as you do me the courtesy of giving a proper answer to mine.

This thread is rammed to the gills with "examples of something that a believer has said to you that you feel is divorced from reality." Maybe, like, read some of it? Revolutionary stuff, I know :lol:
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#5836  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 20, 2019 5:01 pm

Keep It Real wrote:
Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:

This thread is rammed to the gills with "examples of something that a believer has said to you that you feel is divorced from reality." Maybe, like, read some of it? Revolutionary stuff, I know :lol:

Do you think it's unreasonable for me to ask you for a couple of examples, seeing as this exchange is between you and I?
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#5837  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Fine then, I'll play along. JW on my doorstep "That's the beauty of it, we don't need to worry about global warming because god will take care of it!"
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#5838  Postby Pridefel Knowitelz » Apr 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Fine then, I'll play along. JW on my doorstep "That's the beauty of it, we don't need to worry about global warming because god will take care of it!"

Thank you. I'm not an atheist. Are you an atheist?
All ha ...rump.
Pridefel Knowitelz
Banned Troll

Print view this post

#5839  Postby Keep It Real » Apr 20, 2019 5:08 pm

Thanks for answering. Yes, I am an atheist.
Keep It Real

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#5840  Postby Spearthrower » Apr 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Pridefel Knowitelz wrote:I've never heard a believer say anything that strikes me as crazy.

Well then: enjoy reading this thread.

I'll give you a bonus example.

Shaking one's keys at a polar bear will scare it away, because God gave man dominion over animals and installed fear of humans in them.

That's certifiably crazy as believing it while in the vicinity of a hungry polar bear will lead to death.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism