What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5881  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 02, 2019 3:07 pm

Another Christian who doesn't understand the law of non-contradiction or how dictionaries work:
not having a belief is a belief. You are tripping on the word usage and I think for the most part, it is probably just you wish not to affiliated with the religions that you despise (there is a perfect example of an unfounded opinion for which you so love to do, that no1 should defer to as ironclad). You say that because "there is a lack of belief in theism" than it is not a belief. It would be just the same to say, "I beleive there is no God/s." And that is a belief. Just because you flip some words around does not take away from the fact that this is a perception or belief of how the universe operates. You say I was deferring to my own opinion, and when I was almost every time I voiced an opinion I provided links from which they stemmed. To reference your link, Oxford dictionary basically just said the same damn thing Merriam Webster said that is, "a philosophical or religious position characterized by disbelief in the existence of a god or any gods" v.s. "DisBELIEF or lack of BELIEF in the existence of God or Gods." It is saying the same damn thing. Just because you say, "A lack of belief." Does not take away that it remains belief.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 29921
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5882  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 15, 2019 8:35 am

A numpty who thinks he has a killer argument against mandatory vaccinations:
If we're going to make it mandatory, I propose we also make it mandatory for people to use protection when having sex, that will prevent a lot of diseases.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 29921
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5883  Postby DougC » Jun 15, 2019 11:02 pm

Not battiest, but was invited to a church while sitting at a bus stop today.
Declined.
Was told Jesus loved me.
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC
 
Posts: 14424
Age: 46
Male

Country: UNITED Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5884  Postby Aca » Jun 18, 2019 7:24 pm

:crazy:
Attachments
Screenshot_20190618-212354_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190618-212354_Chrome.jpg (614.81 KiB) Viewed 337 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3426
Age: 44
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5885  Postby Blackadder » Jun 18, 2019 7:42 pm

Aca wrote::crazy:


Yep.

And arrogant. And patronising. And deeply fucking offensive. Stupid god-bothering cunt.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
User avatar
Blackadder
RS Donator
 
Posts: 3640
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5886  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 19, 2019 6:43 pm

I noticed when CA make reference to the historical period of the three kingdoms they have jumped on the SJW bandwagon of confusion by using the phrase CE, something any serious historian would cringe at. Some might not see it as a big deal but I hate when we stoop to the level of the always offended. Use the proper terms BC and AD especially given the fact that BCE and CE are centred on Christ anyway by using an identical calendar. Please stop with this nonsense CA. It's embarrassing when you describe history in such a way


While it is much more commonly used today due to the rise of militant secularism pushing forward a SJW agenda to redefine everything including history in the west I rarely seen it used many years ago. Ironically when I first seen it used as a kid is thought CE referred to Christian Era as the calendar is centred on Christ. If they wanted to secularize the calendar then they should have created a new one. Anyway it's based on Christ so use the proper definition to describe it or use another calendar. It's something that gets on my nerves as it's obviously done out of bitterness in defiance. Just use a different calendar if they wish to do so.

It's an historical game CA, treat it as such
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 29921
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5887  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Chinese Christ! How clueless. Where did you spot that Thomas?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 23459
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5888  Postby Aca » Jun 20, 2019 9:08 pm

:think:
Attachments
Screenshot_20190620-230758_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190620-230758_Chrome.jpg (308.27 KiB) Viewed 272 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
User avatar
Aca
 
Posts: 3426
Age: 44
Male

Country: Malta
Malta (mt)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5889  Postby Arcanyn » Jun 20, 2019 10:38 pm

Can I have some mayonnaise with that word salad?
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
User avatar
Arcanyn
 
Posts: 1443
Age: 34
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5890  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 20, 2019 10:41 pm

Spearthrower wrote:Chinese Christ! How clueless. Where did you spot that Thomas?

The official CA Total War: Three Kingdoms forum.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 29921
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5891  Postby scott1328 » Jun 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Thousands petition Netflix to cancel Neil Gaiman’s series Good Omens. One of their chief complaints is that God is voiced by a woman, Frances McDormand.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ ... -pratchett

God works in wonderous ways, his miracles to achieve... Netflix does not stream the show now. It never did. Amazon Prime streams it.
User avatar
scott1328
 
Name: Some call me... Tim
Posts: 8400
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5892  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 21, 2019 12:42 am

Aca wrote::think:


Just for a fleeting moment there, he was onto something, then it all went horribly wrong when he went to type it out.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 23459
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5893  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 22, 2019 4:20 pm

Paraphrasing Darth Dawkins, aka Gary Milne who tries to compare the French and American revolutions in an attempt to discredit atheism:
The American revolution was mostly god focused, the Founding Fathers felt that the king of England had overstepped his bounds as a servant of god. That's why the conflict between the American soldiers and the English soldiers was relatively bloodless. Now, the French revolution on the other hand was not god focused at all. It was lead and supported by the atheists. They started arresting and beheading people simply because they disagreed. Why do I bring this up? When you have conflict in a god centred situation, people act more civilised even-though they might shoot each other. When you have a non-god centred situation, anything justifies the means. Even killing people who disagree with you. We saw this in the French revolution with the atheists, Robespierre, the Russsian revolution, the communist revolution in Vietnam etcetera.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 29921
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5894  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Sirrah sir, tis not my bullet that pierces your heart and explodes out your back in a mess of gooey entrails... it's God's love!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 23459
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5895  Postby Svartalf » Jun 24, 2019 8:51 am

:lol:
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
User avatar
Svartalf
 
Posts: 901
Age: 49
Male

Country: France
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5896  Postby Newmark » Jun 24, 2019 11:01 am

scott1328 wrote:Thousands petition Netflix to cancel Neil Gaiman’s series Good Omens. One of their chief complaints is that God is voiced by a woman, Frances McDormand.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ ... -pratchett

God works in wonderous ways, his miracles to achieve... Netflix does not stream the show now. It never did. Amazon Prime streams it.

Neil Gaiman: I love that they are going to write to Netflix to try and get #GoodOmens cancelled. Says it all really.
Netflix: ok we promise not to make any more
Amazon : Hey @netflix, we'll cancel Stranger Things if you cancel Good Omens. ;)
User avatar
Newmark
 
Posts: 358
Age: 39
Male

Sweden (se)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5897  Postby Spearthrower » Jun 24, 2019 4:15 pm

Newmark wrote:
scott1328 wrote:Thousands petition Netflix to cancel Neil Gaiman’s series Good Omens. One of their chief complaints is that God is voiced by a woman, Frances McDormand.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ ... -pratchett

God works in wonderous ways, his miracles to achieve... Netflix does not stream the show now. It never did. Amazon Prime streams it.

Neil Gaiman: I love that they are going to write to Netflix to try and get #GoodOmens cancelled. Says it all really.
Netflix: ok we promise not to make any more
Amazon : Hey @netflix, we'll cancel Stranger Things if you cancel Good Omens. ;)



Beautiful!

One day hope to see this TV series; even though I read the book 25 years ago, I still remember it fondly.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 23459
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5898  Postby aban57 » Jun 24, 2019 5:03 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Paraphrasing Darth Dawkins, aka Gary Milne who tries to compare the French and American revolutions in an attempt to discredit atheism:
The American revolution was mostly god focused, the Founding Fathers felt that the king of England had overstepped his bounds as a servant of god. That's why the conflict between the American soldiers and the English soldiers was relatively bloodless. Now, the French revolution on the other hand was not god focused at all. It was lead and supported by the atheists. They started arresting and beheading people simply because they disagreed. Why do I bring this up? When you have conflict in a god centred situation, people act more civilised even-though they might shoot each other. When you have a non-god centred situation, anything justifies the means. Even killing people who disagree with you. We saw this in the French revolution with the atheists, Robespierre, the Russsian revolution, the communist revolution in Vietnam etcetera.


User avatar
aban57
 
Posts: 6486
Age: 39
Female

Country: France
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5899  Postby Alan B » Jun 25, 2019 3:21 pm

Now, the French revolution on the other hand was not god focused at all. It was lead and supported by the atheists. They started arresting and beheading people simply because they disagreed.

Yeah. Then Napoleon came along and sorted them out: 'Hmmm. This religion thing is useful for controlling the masses...'
Or something similar.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9435
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#5900  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jun 28, 2019 9:44 pm

Someone posted this with the message: "Love this!"
Image
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 29921
Age: 29
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests