What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What's the battiest thing you ever heard a believer say?

#6041  Postby aban57 » Aug 14, 2020 10:16 am

"If God doesn't exist, then atheism doesn't exist".

Heard that a lot this week.

And this :

ooh good to say you don’t hate God ..
Opposite of hatred is love so if you don’t hate him you automatically love him..
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#6042  Postby Svartalf » Aug 14, 2020 10:30 am

lol, and again, like in most sophisms, the premices are wrong and the reasoning is shit.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6043  Postby quas » Aug 17, 2020 10:52 am

Svartalf wrote:I'm not surprised, chretins are crazy but muslims take it to the next quantum level.

The idea that pain and suffering have a purpose should be common among other theists as well. I'm sure some christian apologists have said similar things in the past.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#6044  Postby Svartalf » Aug 17, 2020 11:03 am

sure they have, it's all there in Genesis and the original sin doctrine, we're on earth to expiate the sins, not just our own, but those of all mankind since creation. Suffering is our natural lot and we should be grateful that we're given a possibility to escape that after death if we've been virtuous, hard suffering little sheeple.

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6045  Postby Blackadder » Aug 17, 2020 11:32 am

quas wrote: <snip - Islamic BS>

Massalah, brother, Allah scares the shit out of me.

I spent years listening to this sort of idiocy in mosques everywhere in the world. The only grain of truth in any of it is that undergoing hunger or pain gives you a better appreciation of what it is like for others. But that is universal - it has nothing to do with Allah or Islam.

There was no setback, illness, tragedy or death in our lives that some sage wouldn't nod his head and declare "You know, this is a test from Allah." The core of Islamic theology is that this life is an entry examination for the next one. Suffering is almost welcomed by those whose minds have been twisted by this perverse idea.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6046  Postby Alan B » Aug 17, 2020 12:42 pm

This is the same message from all religions that exist to exercise control. First convince people that there is life after death, then convince them that they must behave in a certain manner to get into this 'afterlife' and that the priests will show them the way. But only if money and property is forthcomong into the church, mosque, synagogue, whatever to pay for this, er, teaching.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6047  Postby Alan B » Aug 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Double post - again!
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#6048  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 07, 2020 10:27 am

When it was pointed out to this person that 'all powerful' creates a self-defeating paradox, they responded with:
However a paradox is a apparent contradiction, not an actual contradiction.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6049  Postby Svartalf » Sep 07, 2020 12:07 pm

paradox? you mean the old, "can he create something so heavy he can't lift it" saw?

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6050  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 08, 2020 6:03 am

Svartalf wrote:paradox? you mean the old, "can he create something so heavy he can't lift it" saw?

:nod:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6051  Postby murshid » Sep 20, 2020 2:50 am

At first, I thought this was satire. Then I realized that the guy was serious. WTF!

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" – Douglas Adams
murshid

Name: Murshid
Male

Print view this post

#6052  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Sep 20, 2020 6:14 am

murshid wrote:.
At first, I thought this was satire. Then I realized that the guy was serious. WTF!

I hadn't heard of the Grim Reaper's Paradox, until now. A simple solution to it is that discrete moments of time can exist in an infinity of time.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6053  Postby Svartalf » Sep 20, 2020 10:21 am

murshid wrote:.

That guy is a poster boy. Wrong premises AND incorrect reasoning.
the one thing I can't decide is whether he's self deluded into overlooking the fact this is wrong at every step, or if he's callously acting in bad faith.... though, honestly, the first possibility seems by far the less likely, as the jumps of faith needed to turn the premises into the alleged consequences can hardly be made blindly, as such consequences are far from self evident.

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6054  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 26, 2020 1:41 pm

Been a while since I've seen this collection of straw-men and misunderstandings about (a)theism and (a)gnosticism:
Seriously? He didn't pose a single argument for atheism. At best he is left with agnosticism. By the way, please let me know one positive argument that Matt posed for the non-existence of God.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6055  Postby zeeble » Oct 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Aca wrote:Found on facebook, posted with this comment:

"Finally we have a pretty thorough infographic that shows the whole Deep State plan of action! For newcomers to awakening, start here. If you thought the lockdown was about a virus and was going to end, you've been deceived. They never intended to let you back out of your homes. Almost everything is included on this graphic that you need to know to understand where we are at today and why....start with the Rockefellers and their plan to force deadly pharmaceuticals on us to destroy our immunity and health and take over the medical industry, and work your way down to the covid-fivegee scam they are trying to pull on us to imprison us indefinitely....since that failed, the second wave is coming. I recommend researching every single topic on this page and soon you will see the whole puzzle put together and how their long-planned enslavement of us has enfolded. But don't fear, the second wave of awakening is coming too, and we will rise above this and prevail into the light <3 ....Please try to move beyond fixed beliefs and expand your consciousness while you still can....time's up on sleeping....the Great Awakening has begun!!!!"

That's on par with Timecube.
zeeble

Name: Zach Borgereon

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#6056  Postby Aca » Oct 26, 2020 7:48 pm

That escalated in an unexpected direction... :shock: :mrgreen:
Attachments
Screenshot_20201026-204430_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20201026-204430_Chrome.jpg (731.44 KiB) Viewed 265 times
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

#6057  Postby Svartalf » Oct 26, 2020 9:08 pm

You know, if I were involved, I'd go vote biden just because I'm deeply offended that somebody would try to convince me with such a horrendously written piece.

Not to mention that saying that such a notorious crotch grabber and womanizer as rump sets an example for the faithful, and most especially in a piece that deplores the vices of onan and covetousness... that's a slappable offence.

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#6058  Postby OlivierK » Oct 26, 2020 11:00 pm

I think the author of that might be quietly coveting Melania, for what it's worth.

Its odd, to say the least, to think that anyone would see Donald and Melania's relationship as something to venerate, though. :?

The group quoted doesn't seem to exist, though, so I'm guessing it's parody.
OlivierK

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#6059  Postby Hermit » Oct 27, 2020 4:22 am

Aca wrote:That escalated in an unexpected direction... :shock: :mrgreen:

FFS...

Benjamin Thompson is fucking nuts condemning masturbation as morally evil, then declaring that voting for Trump, the lecherous pussy grabber, is the only morally justifiable option come November 3.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Name: Cantankerous grump
Male

Print view this post

#6060  Postby Aca » Oct 27, 2020 5:21 am

OlivierK wrote:

The group quoted doesn't seem to exist, though, so I'm guessing it's parody.

It's there

https://m.facebook.com/groups/656283361652573
on an island marooned in the Middle Ages
Aca

Male

Malta (mt)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism