Who Made God?

The ultimate question?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Who Made God?

#1081  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 20, 2020 4:27 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BrettA wrote:
Wortfish wrote:A much better question to the OP's question is, "Why does God exist?"

The answer to this profound question is, of course, directly related to the question as to why anything exists at all.

OlivierK already answered you - we're story tellers; nothing profound about it. And the follow-on question that theists should ask themselves if they still have issues with that answer should be, "Why do a million other Gods exist in our myriad belief systems and our mythology?" There ain't nuttin' special about your God to billions of non-believers in your God.

This is an old canard. Just because some cultures choose to represent the Divine in a number of ways, doesn't mean that there is not One Supreme Being. Even Muslims, the most ardent of monotheists, have 99 names for God.

Polytheists aren't representing the divine in a number of ways, they think multiple gods exist. No more or less baseless than anything you assert.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#1082  Postby BlackBart » Jun 20, 2020 6:12 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Wortfish wrote:The answer to this profound question is, of course, directly related to the question as to why anything exists at all.

Profound?
Twaddle. It requires no deep thought from anyone except the delusional, who claim they are exercising 'deep thought' within their closed box of delusion. The non-delusional are not part of this closed box of the delusioned. We do try to open the box for you so that you can escape, but you keep sellotaping it shut.

I think that if anything can exist, then an infinitely powerful being is more likely to exist than an arbitrarily powerful being. Reality could be God or just a single hydrogen atom.

Well if it's infinitely powerful, it's a revolting piece of shit. It tortures children, for example, when it could relieve their suffering with a click of it's fingers. People worship that thing for fucks sake . A bit like Myra Hindley was in thrall to Ian Brady. :nono:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1083  Postby blindfaith » Jun 20, 2020 7:24 pm

Wortfish, your dog of the bible gives instructions on how to treat 'n' beat your slaves. To me this is immoral, owning a person as property, whats your view?
The best explanation for the absence of convincing reasons for god's existence is god's nonexistence

john shook
blindfaith

Name: darren
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1084  Postby Wortfish » Jun 20, 2020 8:19 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BrettA wrote:
Wortfish wrote:A much better question to the OP's question is, "Why does God exist?"

The answer to this profound question is, of course, directly related to the question as to why anything exists at all.

OlivierK already answered you - we're story tellers; nothing profound about it. And the follow-on question that theists should ask themselves if they still have issues with that answer should be, "Why do a million other Gods exist in our myriad belief systems and our mythology?" There ain't nuttin' special about your God to billions of non-believers in your God.

This is an old canard. Just because some cultures choose to represent the Divine in a number of ways, doesn't mean that there is not One Supreme Being. Even Muslims, the most ardent of monotheists, have 99 names for God.

Polytheists aren't representing the divine in a number of ways, they think multiple gods exist. No more or less baseless than anything you assert.

Yes and No. Hindus do believe in the existence of gods, but also in one supreme spirit, Brahman. Christians also believe in One God in three distinct persons. So, all these gods collectively make up the Divine Godhead.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1085  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jun 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Collectively? So now we may include RA and all the gods of Egypt in this supposed god head? How about all the Aztec gods, and those from hundreds of other cultures?

I still say Wortfish is a Poe, and is trolling us.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1086  Postby Svartalf » Jun 20, 2020 8:46 pm

Actually, the Beginning Universe created god, for god is the first hydrogen atom that fused with another to create helium.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1087  Postby aban57 » Jun 20, 2020 8:54 pm

BlackBart wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Wortfish wrote:The answer to this profound question is, of course, directly related to the question as to why anything exists at all.

Profound?
Twaddle. It requires no deep thought from anyone except the delusional, who claim they are exercising 'deep thought' within their closed box of delusion. The non-delusional are not part of this closed box of the delusioned. We do try to open the box for you so that you can escape, but you keep sellotaping it shut.

I think that if anything can exist, then an infinitely powerful being is more likely to exist than an arbitrarily powerful being. Reality could be God or just a single hydrogen atom.

Well if it's infinitely powerful, it's a revolting piece of shit. It tortures children, for example, when it could relieve their suffering with a click of it's fingers. People worship that thing for fucks sake . A bit like Myra Hindley was in thrall to Ian Brady. :nono:

If he's infinitely powerful, then why did he need to rest after working 6 days ? If you need to rest, doesn't it mean you have a limited amount of energy, and need to replenish when it's consumed ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#1088  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 20, 2020 11:09 pm

Wortfish wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:
Wortfish wrote:
BrettA wrote:

Yes and No. Hindus do believe in the existence of gods, but also in one supreme spirit, Brahman. Christians also believe in One God in three distinct persons. So, all these gods collectively make up the Divine Godhead.

And yet we can find cases innumerable throughout history where this isn't so. The point remains that there's no more reason to accept your blind assertions than there are for theirs. You're all just making shit up to suit yourself.
"They call it the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1089  Postby BWE » Jun 21, 2020 9:00 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Newmark wrote:
Still the same error, still the same stupid mistakes. You even contradict yourself in this post. Beginningless =/= endless. You simply (still) use exceedingly naive definitions to construct an incoherent model, which you then (still) attempt to shoot down.

Oh, really? If the universe has no beginning, then it doesn't matter how far you traverse back in time, you will never reach the non-existent beginning. So you wouldr journey back in time would be endless, i.e take forever without ever coming to an end.

I see that you chose the "provide more examples of how untenable your so-called argument is" route. You have yet to substantiate why you think mathematics isn't applicable to this subject (other than the fact that it proves you wrong). But you go ahead, brave bold sir Robin, run away from answering questions, just like you always do...

Mathematics is not relevant here...because we are dealing with TIME where each moment stands in a causal relationship to the preceeding and forthcoming moment. That is why all your models of infinity are not applicable here.

Defining Time is tricksy business.
BWE

Print view this post

#1090  Postby Alan B » Jun 22, 2020 11:27 am

I see Worty is back. Run out of Sellotape, have we?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1091  Postby Svartalf » Jun 22, 2020 12:50 pm

Svartalf wrote:a related question... does god believe in an overgod?

This question is important as, if there is a Supercreator deity, why should we worship the one at our end of the chain, rather than the one at the source of creation?

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1092  Postby BrettA » Jun 22, 2020 1:14 pm

Wortfish wrote:
BrettA wrote:

Pot, Kettle, Black... I'm astounded that you have the gall for this response - the only "old canard" here is the tired, old, poppycock story of some sort of deity. And as others have noted, a decidedly malevolent one. I'm starting to think like Theropod, you're certainly looking very Poe-ish.
My Wiki Page (Contribs: photos & other): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrettA343
BrettA

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1093  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Jun 22, 2020 9:03 pm

...and not a good Poe at that.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
theropod_V_2.0

Name: R.A.

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1094  Postby Svartalf » Jun 23, 2020 11:35 am

not every poe can be Edgar.

Svartalf

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#1095  Postby Fallible » Jun 23, 2020 4:30 pm

More’s the pity.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#1096  Postby Wortfish » Jun 27, 2020 9:17 pm

aban57 wrote:
If he's infinitely powerful, then why did he need to rest after working 6 days ? If you need to rest, doesn't it mean you have a limited amount of energy, and need to replenish when it's consumed ?

You'd need a rest if you had just created an entire universe.
Wortfish

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#1097  Postby Fallible » Jun 27, 2020 9:18 pm

:lol:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#1098  Postby SafeAsMilk » Jun 28, 2020 3:08 am

It's incredible how tiny and self-obsessed the imaginations of theists are. You work all morning, you need a lunch break. God must need a lunch break too!
SafeAsMilk

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#1099  Postby Animavore » Jun 28, 2020 3:15 am

If Mafia movies have thought me anything it's that God could only have been made by another made god.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#1100  Postby BlackBart » Jun 28, 2020 2:25 pm

Wortfish wrote:
aban57 wrote:

You'd need a rest if you had just created an entire universe.

Well aban would. She's not infinitely powerful.
Keep up.
Probably.make a better fist of it though.
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Theism