Who Made God?

The ultimate question?

Christianity, Islam, Other Religions & Belief Systems.

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Who Made God?

#241  Postby Shrunk » Oct 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
Now, a follow up: Would the Pythagorean Theorem still hold in the absence of two dimensional space? That is to say: If only one dimensional space, or no space at, all existed (e.g. if all that existed was an immaterial god who transcended time and space and who had decided not to create any universe at all), would the Pythagoren Theorem no longer hold true? Would it then be possible that, in a two (or more) dimensional universe, one could draw a right angle triangle that did not obey the theorem?

As long as at least two dimensions exist, Pythagoras' theorem holds true. As long as mass and light exists, e=mc2 holds true.

You didn't answer the questions. Try again. :coffee:
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#242  Postby scott1328 » Oct 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Wortfish wrote:
Shrunk wrote:
Now, a follow up: Would the Pythagorean Theorem still hold in the absence of two dimensional space? That is to say: If only one dimensional space, or no space at, all existed (e.g. if all that existed was an immaterial god who transcended time and space and who had decided not to create any universe at all), would the Pythagoren Theorem no longer hold true? Would it then be possible that, in a two (or more) dimensional universe, one could draw a right angle triangle that did not obey the theorem?

As long as at least two dimensions exist, Pythagoras' theorem holds true. As long as mass and light exists, e=mc2 holds true.

False and false.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#243  Postby scott1328 » Oct 27, 2016 4:24 am

The surface of a sphere is two dimensional and the Pythagorean theorem does not hold. in fact, if our space-time is non Euclidean then the Pythagorean theorem is only an approximation of how our universe works.

Therefore is no logically necessary reason that I am aware of that in our universe mass and energy must be equivalent, or given their equivalence, that the speed of light be finite, or constant, or that the relationship between the two be a simple linear relation, or that the proportionality constant have the speed of light as a term.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#244  Postby Shrunk » Oct 27, 2016 10:15 am

scott1328 wrote:The surface of a sphere is two dimensional and the Pythagorean theorem does not hold. in fact, if our space-time is non Euclidean then the Pythagorean theorem is only an approximation of how our universe works.

And, even if that were the case, it would nonetheless remain true that, within a Euclidean system, the Pythagorean theorem holds. This is the case even if no Euclidean universe physically exists. So "Wortfish" has managed the impressive feat of being wrong in at least two different ways with a single statement. :clap:
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#245  Postby Wilbur » Nov 06, 2016 5:01 am

zulumoose wrote:
[Who Made God?]
Am I on a winner here?

You haven't confounded theism or anything but I'm sure most around here think it's a fine little zinger.
baby hatred.
Wilbur
Banned Troll

United States (us)
Print view this post

#246  Postby Spinozasgalt » Nov 06, 2016 9:17 am

I've confounded theism.
When the straight and narrow gets a little too straight, roll up the joint.
Or don't. Just follow your arrow wherever it points.

Kacey Musgraves
Spinozasgalt
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#247  Postby Fallible » Nov 07, 2016 8:28 am

In the fundament?
Arcade Fire wrote:Afterlife. I think I saw what happens next. It was just a glimpse of you like looking through a window or a shallow sea. Could you see me?
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Theism