Reisbarkeit

Non-English threads go here. For linguistics please click here instead.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

Re: Reisbarkeit

#21  Postby Blitzkrebs » Aug 02, 2010 4:08 pm

They must be in the right language, though. :P
ikster7579 wrote:Being rational is just an excuse for not wanting to have faith.
Blitzkrebs

Name: Roy
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby ConnyRaSk » Aug 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Lizard_King wrote:
Mazille wrote:
Have fun being everyone's little bitch. :mrgreen: :cheers: Then again, you Viennese med students are used to that anyway.

This is one of the situations where "Your mom"-jokes would be inappropriate, right? :ask:

unasked for advice for you both: you can learn A LOT from the head nurses...(if you are not to arrogant)
Literature, fiction, poetry, whatever, makes justice in the world. That’s why it almost always has to be on the side of the underdog. ~Grace Paley
ConnyRaSk

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Mazille » Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Lizard_King wrote:
Mazille wrote:
Have fun being everyone's little bitch. :mrgreen: :cheers: Then again, you Viennese med students are used to that anyway.

This is one of the situations where "Your mom"-jokes would be inappropriate, right? :ask:

You would mock me for speaking the truth? :coffee:

ConnyRaSk wrote:unasked for advice for you both: you can learn A LOT from the head nurses...(if you are not to arrogant)

I'm not a med student, but yes, if you get a nice one and not one of those dragons that seem to thrive on swallowing med students whole you can certainly learn a lot. :nod:
- Pam.
- Yes?
- Get off the Pope.
Mazille
RS Donator

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Lizard_King » Aug 02, 2010 6:02 pm

Mazille wrote:
Lizard_King wrote:
Mazille wrote:

You would mock me for speaking the truth? :coffee:

Any time. :thumbup: :grin:

Seriously, since I've never known another university but the medical university of Vienna, I don't know how anything could actually be better, as I've never experienced anything else (student-wise). Sad and simple logic here... :?

Mazille wrote:
ConnyRaSk wrote:unasked for advice for you both: you can learn A LOT from the head nurses...(if you are not to arrogant)

I'm not a med student, but yes, if you get a nice one and not one of those dragons that seem to thrive on swallowing med students whole you can certainly learn a lot. :nod:

So far I've mostly encountered nice ones, especially in my year of civilian service, where I already learned quite a lot of things. So I'm not that much of a useless idiot who always stands in the way, and I actually know what these people do for a living, and thus respect them for it. Wiping old people's bottoms for a year certainly lets you appreciate the fact that you're only doing this for one year...
"Yet again it is demonstrated that monotheistic religion is a plagiarism of a plagiarism of a hearsay of a hearsay, of an illusion of an illusion, extending all the way back to a fabrication of a few nonevents."
- Christopher Hitchens
Lizard_King

Male

Germany (de)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Berthold » Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm

However, Reizbarkeit has not merely the clinical meaning that has been explained. It is contained in the traditional catalogue of the defining properties of life, where it means "being responsive to stimuli".

By the way, how is this thread defined as being written in English? By the OP?

Edited to add: Reisbarkeit could also mean: e. g. for a region, the degree how easy it is to travel there.
Berthold

Male

Austria (at)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Durro » Aug 09, 2010 10:55 pm

I worked with an Emergency Registrar that paid his way through Medical School by being an assistant-in-nursing. Several years of bed making, pan changing, bum wiping, taking observations and talking to sick, lonely people certainly gave him a sense of humility and appreciation for what all members of the medical team does. He turned out a very, very good doctor and went on to become an Orthopaedic Surgeon after becoming an Emergency Physician.

In a medical team, there's lots of stuff we can learn from each other. I once taught a first year doctor how to insert a nasogastric tube when I was called up to x-ray the patient's chest for NGT placement and mentioned that the x-ray was unnecessary given that I could see the tube curled up in the patient's mouth. The doctor had never inserted one and was left to their own devices to have a go at it. Having seen it done thousands of times, I talked them through the process and yes, it was inserted successfully. So, be nice to x-ray people too !

:lol:
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Other Languages