Beware Apple Music

It will delete all your music files

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Beware Apple Music

#61  Postby crank » May 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Oh FFS, you didn't read what i said obviously. i made it plain I was talking about a long time ago, it's possible it's changed. Installing a new version will still use your existing preferences, in your case it asked about them, probably defaulting to what your settings were. If it did that with a new install when I installed it, I would not have gotten pissed off, it's something one sees all the time if you install a lot of programs, and i install A LOT, with 5 or 6 desktops and 2 lappies, and 3 tablets, that's my current tally, over the last 5 or 6 years you could almost double that, and in virtual machines, I've installed well over 100 systems, and programs on those systems, mostly linux. It's not at all the case that I'm a low-info user, I understand how these things work, and that is why I was so pissed off, good programs don't do shit like iTunes did when I installed it, period. The few that do piss me off--they are not well-programmed form a user-friendly standpoint. To me, a program that does such things is malicious, virus-like.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Science & Technology