Jetson's anyone?

Architecture, graphic design, your projects.

Moderators: Calilasseia, Blip, ADParker

Jetson's anyone?

#1  Postby Macdoc » Sep 10, 2018 11:28 am

Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Jetson's anyone?

#2  Postby felltoearth » Sep 10, 2018 11:36 am

"Video unavailable in your country"
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Macdoc » Sep 10, 2018 12:08 pm

We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Alan B » Sep 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Fascinating. Couldn't park it in Sainsbury's car park, though... :whistle:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby laklak » Sep 10, 2018 3:20 pm

Damn, if I'd just bought that house on Dog Island I could use one of these to go to the store. Price of an SUV? I'm thinking more new Range Rover than my 1998 Nissan Pathfinder.

The problem with electric anything (and particularly if that anything flies) is energy density. 25 miles isn't enough range for anything useful, particularly if you cannot use it in urban areas. When we lived in the N.C. mountains we were 40 miles from the nearest beer store.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#6  Postby Macdoc » Sep 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Yes energy density is an issue but batteries will improve ( also driven by motorcycle EV technology as well as cars ) ...the power of those electric motors is astonishing....it's early yet but what a cool design....very light weight and no complicated landing gear.

It's also got the heft of the aircraft industry moving to EV craft

oeing Co.-backed startup Zunum Aero plans to deliver its first hybrid-electric plane in 2022 to JetSuite Inc., setting the stage for a new era in regional flying.

JetSuite, a small charter airline with plans to expand a commercial operation nationally, eventually will receive as many as 100 aircraft that seat up to 12 passengers each, Zunum co-founder Matt Knapp said in a statement Monday. JetBlue Airways Corp. has invested in Zunum and JetSuite. The charter operator is also backed by Qatar Airways.

The new aircraft will eliminate the roar of combustion-based engines, powered instead by twin propulsors attached to the rear of its frame. The ducted, or covered, fans will be driven by electric motors. A conventional fuel-powered motor will serve as a back-up system at the outset.

Battery packs, rather than fuel, will be housed in the aircraft’s wings. Zunum expects the technology to advance rapidly given the investment pouring into electric cars and aircraft. Competitors such as Europe’s Airbus SE and a partnership that includes EasyJet Plc, the U.S. military and NASA are pursuing similar concepts.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... tric-plane

and Siemens has an astonishing electric aircraft motor as well

Is Siemens Positioning Itself As The Electric Aircraft Industry Standard?
April 18th, 2018 by Nicolas Zart

It’s hard to not bump into a story relating some sort of Siemens-supported electric vehicle (EV) these days. From trains to electric vehicle (EV) motors, the German international giant seems to be everywhere. When it comes to electric aircraft, Siemens seems particularly aggressive and ahead of the game, almost to the point of asking the question, is Siemens trying to corner the market and establish itself as the electric flight standard?

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/04/18/is ... -standard/
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#7  Postby DougC » Sep 14, 2018 1:38 am

Fascinating stuff.
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby Mike_L » Sep 14, 2018 10:43 am

Boo! Bond foe Francisco Scaramanga had a better one way back in 1974 already!

:grin: [Kidding. The flying car in The Man With The Golden Gun was a remote-control model built by Derek Meddings (of Thunderbirds fame)].
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

Return to Technical Design and Engineering.