Microsoft announces Windows 10

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Microsoft announces Windows 10

#281  Postby BlackBart » Oct 23, 2016 10:26 am

LucidFlight wrote:Is the menu structure of Microsoft Office better in the Dutch version?

Yes, the menu has White Widow, Bubblegum and Blackberry Kush on it. :smoke:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#282  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 23, 2016 10:38 am

You have to do a clog dance to log on.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#283  Postby Fallible » Oct 23, 2016 11:04 am

John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#284  Postby tuco » Oct 23, 2016 7:37 pm

felltoearth wrote:
tuco wrote:prerelease_161014-1700

I suspect this is your issue.

If I understand it correctly, I should apply at MS as a tester then? ;) It seems too trivial/common to me to be a bug. I am gonna eliminate possible errors on my side then I am gonna apply feed MS back. How could it be on my side since it worked before? Well, maybe MS changed something for some (security for example) reason and now its working as intended while before it was working for me but broken from MS point of view.

btw I always use English version because translating back and forth, needed for solving issues like the one I have, is waste of time and energy.
tuco

Print view this post

#285  Postby felltoearth » Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm

Beta versions can have even the most trivial of bugs. You want something to work? Use a stable release.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#286  Postby NineBerry » Oct 23, 2016 10:10 pm

You need to give the new User Access rights to the drive
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#287  Postby tuco » Oct 24, 2016 3:43 pm

How would I go about that? I have HD connected to router, this is what I called NAS. If I understand it/you correctly, "new user" am I when logged with MS account, unlike when logged with local account. Now I am not sure how can anyone think of this two users - me and me - as different users but fair enough, it makes some sense.

Do I need to do this through router or can I do it in Windows? In router path to the NAS is set as "\\readyshare" (default) and access is set to "everyone" and without password. Yet Windows, cant replicate the error now as I am copying my stuff on it to another location in order to reformat the drive as noted .., tells me that when logged in with MS account I do not have access and to contact administrator. Not only me is not me but "everyone" is not me either. I am user not IT wiz, confused as fuck user.

However I suspect, as I was messing with permissions earlier, that I set some kind of restrictions on the HD. In Advanced Sharing I can see "owner" of files on HD as "unknown" and this owner I was not able to delete/disable. I was only able to add new users, which I somehow did I think and it still did not work.

---
edit: above did not work, this is how it looks like:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Aq_3yHlcmm85ga11ehFMECcE-4WgKg

edit1: dunno what I did but its working. nice afternoon/evening. so cool story me
tuco

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#288  Postby Mike_L » Oct 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Windows Paint goes 3D...

Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#289  Postby LucidFlight » Oct 27, 2016 8:05 pm

Loving that Surface Studio, too.

In case you haven't seen it:

Would buy that over a Cintiq any day.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Bob Bobson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#290  Postby Mike_L » Oct 27, 2016 8:15 pm

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for posting. :thumbup:

Very impressive! :nod:
Mike_L

Male

Print view this post

#291  Postby tuco » Oct 27, 2016 8:33 pm

So its not working, again. It was working briefly when I mapped the network drive with local account but now even this is not working. Spent hours trying to set permissions, principals, users (user .. nobody(Unix User\nobody) .. is one user, this is not funny) and dunno what oh tried to add another account (MS account) from Update & Security -> Activation (wow) -> Add a Microsoft account ... Oops something went wrong probably on our side .. aha. I just dunno what to do. Gonna wait till I get my desktop connected to the network, currently connected through mobile phone, and go from there, again. Its possible its the fucking Lenovo notebook doing something I dunno.
tuco

Print view this post

#292  Postby ElDiablo » Oct 28, 2016 1:57 am

LucidFlight wrote:Loving that Surface Studio, too.

In case you haven't seen it:

Would buy that over a Cintiq any day.

WOW!
I recently bought a Surface Book and am extremely happy with it. The pen is outstanding on it.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#293  Postby felltoearth » Oct 28, 2016 3:02 am

Too bad it runs Windows.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#294  Postby ElDiablo » Oct 28, 2016 12:07 pm

felltoearth wrote:Too bad it runs Windows.

Go figure, Microsoft is creating some very innovative hardware. I have an IPhone and iPad mini and would have switched to Mac laptop if they had something that competed with the Surface Book with a touch screen, detachable tablet, and dedicated pen. I run the Adobe Suite, so an iPad Pro isn't even an option. Technologically, MS appears to be a big step ahead of Apple.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#295  Postby felltoearth » Oct 28, 2016 1:22 pm

ElDiablo wrote:

Go figure, Microsoft is creating some very innovative hardware. I have an IPhone and iPad mini and would have switched to Mac laptop if they had something that competed with the Surface Book with a touch screen, detachable tablet, and dedicated pen. I run the Adobe Suite, so an iPad Pro isn't even an option. Technologically, MS appears to be a big step ahead of Apple.

Apple has had a patent for this concept for a while so not necessarily a step ahead conceptually. Could be some bleeding edge marketing for them. Can't find specs or price anywhere BTW. I would like to give it a spin though Windows is a deal breaker. I spent too much of my life nursing Windows machines back to health.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#296  Postby ElDiablo » Oct 28, 2016 6:56 pm

felltoearth wrote:
ElDiablo wrote:

Apple has had a patent for this concept for a while so not necessarily a step ahead conceptually. Could be some bleeding edge marketing for them. Can't find specs or price anywhere BTW. I would like to give it a spin though Windows is a deal breaker. I spent too much of my life nursing Windows machines back to health.

My experience with Windows over the last 22 years has been good, my experiences with Macs have not been compelling enough to switch. Switching to a Mac these days would be much easier too, as it wouldn't require me to repurchase many of the programs I use. I would have been open to switching but Apple doesn't make a laptop with the features I want.
God is silly putty.
ElDiablo

United States (us)
Print view this post

#297  Postby tuco » Oct 29, 2016 1:51 pm

felltoearth wrote:
tuco wrote:prerelease_161014-1700

I suspect this is your issue.

With very high probability you were correct.

Reading/filling through MS feedback hub other report same/similar issues (with network connectivity) I have. Well, seems I overestimated MS testing abilities. I guess, when people do it for free there is no need to pay for it. Kinda agree but .. but nothing, I got it voluntarily. Ok I am good now. What I do not like is uncertainty, not to know. Now I know .. and I am content despite its not working :)
tuco

Print view this post

#298  Postby LucidFlight » Oct 29, 2016 2:00 pm

ElDiablo wrote:
felltoearth wrote:
ElDiablo wrote:

My experience with Windows over the last 22 years has been good, my experiences with Macs have not been compelling enough to switch. Switching to a Mac these days would be much easier too, as it wouldn't require me to repurchase many of the programs I use. I would have been open to switching but Apple doesn't make a laptop with the features I want.

If I didn't work in a Mac-based environment, I would be all over that Surface Studio. If it could ran macOS, I would forgo an iMac 5K in favour of the Surface Studio, no doubt about it. Plus, I could still run Windows as a virtual machine and have the best of both OSes. Alas, we live in a divided world — well, a world where it's too much bother for macOS to be made available for non-Apple hardware.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Bob Bobson
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#299  Postby SafeAsMilk » Oct 29, 2016 2:09 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:You have to do a clog dance to log on.

This might be the funniest thing I've ever seen you post. I lol'ed
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#300  Postby Scot Dutchy » Oct 29, 2016 4:28 pm

I'm glad. :lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to General Science & Technology