My theory of everything

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

My theory of everything

#1  Postby Clive Durdle » Aug 09, 2022 10:34 am

It really is nothing.

Snag though is that nothing does not exist. It is unstable. It is always at least three things. It has a context. That context and nothing means there is a relationship. Newton's three body problem.

We see this everywhere - the quantum foam. Some of these bubbles expand into universes via processes involving black holes and events we label big bangs. We are in one of these bubble/quantum foam universes. We do not yet have the tools to see other universes but we have clues.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed because it isn't there - everything we think we see is tempoary - 14 billion years is nothing compared to infinity.

I think there is an equation for this. zero divided by infinity equals one temporarily.
"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
Clive Durdle

Name: Clive Durdle

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: My theory of everything

#2  Postby Spearthrower » Aug 09, 2022 11:24 am

Clive Durdle wrote:It really is nothing.

Snag though is that nothing does not exist. It is unstable. It is always at least three things. It has a context. That context and nothing means there is a relationship. Newton's three body problem.

A problem that springs to mind though is that you're treating nothing as a thing whereas 'nothing' is really a description of an absence of attributes, an absence of - for example - relationships. It's not 'nothing' if it's got its own attributes.

This means then, accordingly, that for your ToE, something has always existed - infinite regress. Doesn't mean it's not true, but we squishies tend to like our origin stories.

Clive Durdle wrote:We see this everywhere - the quantum foam. Some of these bubbles expand into universes via processes involving black holes and events we label big bangs. We are in one of these bubble/quantum foam universes. We do not yet have the tools to see other universes but we have clues.

It's certainly plausible - the problem, of course, being that we have no means to establish whether this is more likely than some other setup we can imagine. It's outside of inquiry, firmly in the realm of speculation.

Clive Durdle wrote:Energy cannot be created or destroyed because it isn't there

For me, I've come to see energy as simply a differential - a simple difference in the amount of things - inhomogeneities which the universe's fundamental forces both cause and erode.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Re: My theory of everything

#3  Postby Greg the Grouper » Aug 09, 2022 11:52 am

I feel like I've been electrocuted a few times by energy that apparently isn't there.
The evolution of intelligence has gone beyond the restrains of biological individual generations.
Greg the Grouper

Name: Patrick

United States (us)
Print view this post

Return to General Science & Technology