No internet access

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

No internet access

#1  Postby aban57 » Aug 01, 2016 7:50 am

Yesterday, I lot my internet connection on my PC. But internet is still there, as other devices at home are able to access it without any trouble. It was working fine in the morning, and without any action on my side, it suddenly stopped working.
My PC connects to the Wi-fi with a USB device. My opinion is that this device is not working any more. I tried to unplug it and plug it again, de-activate and re-activate it, un-install and reinstall the pilots, but nothing changed.
I'm going to get a network cable and try connecting the PC this way, and see if it solves the issue.

Any other idea ?
aban57

Name: Cindy
Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: No internet access

#2  Postby zoon » Aug 01, 2016 7:58 am

Perhaps check whether the USB port in the computer is still working, by plugging in some other device such as a memory stick? Also, does your USB device which connects the computer to the Wi-Fi have its own power supply, could that have been switched off?
zoon

Print view this post

#3  Postby aban57 » Aug 01, 2016 8:03 am

zoon wrote:Perhaps check whether the USB port in the computer is still working, by plugging in some other device such as a memory stick? Also, does your USB device which connects the computer to the Wi-Fi have its own power supply, could that have been switched off?

No additional power supply. And that's a good idea, I'll plug it on another USB port. Should have thought of that first...
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4  Postby DarthHelmet86 » Aug 01, 2016 3:09 pm

aban57 wrote:
zoon wrote:Perhaps check whether the USB port in the computer is still working, by plugging in some other device such as a memory stick? Also, does your USB device which connects the computer to the Wi-Fi have its own power supply, could that have been switched off?

No additional power supply. And that's a good idea, I'll plug it on another USB port. Should have thought of that first...

Try testing it on a laptop as well to see if it is the adapter that is dead.
I. This is Not a Game
II. Here and Now, You are Alive
DarthHelmet86
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#5  Postby aban57 » Aug 01, 2016 4:45 pm

Apparently the adapter is dead, the network cable solved the problem.
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Return to General Science & Technology