Post-Information Ages?

My future eras of the world after the Information Age

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Post-Information Ages?

#1  Postby Maximum7 » Sep 13, 2017 9:12 pm

We are currently living in the Information Age. The next ages of humanity that I predict are as follows

1. The Post-Information Age
-not too far in the future. Maybe 20 years
2. The Fusion Age
-the discovery of sustainable fusion power ushers in a new Era of unlimited energy and the end of fossil fuels
3. Nano Age
-Nanotechnology truly takes off and permeates every aspect of life
4. Interstellar Age
-With the discovery of Faster-than-light travel, humans can now explore the galaxy
5. Intergalactic Age
-After learning how to transverse the void between galaxies, humanity explores the universe
6.Post-Intergalactic Age
-Humanity begins to settle and inhabits all parts of the universe.
7. Energy Age
-Humanity learns how to convert themselves to pure energy and exist in their own designer universes.
7+. The Big Crunch
-The universe ends and a new one is born in its place
This is how I envision the future. Except for the 7+ Big Crunch Era, can you help me think of 10 future inventions/ technologies for each era? Also, I am open to notes about the ages, and feel free to comment on my eras but I am NOT looking to change them.

Maximum7

Name: Max Nocerino

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Post-Information Ages?

#2  Postby pelfdaddy » Sep 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Why are there two sevens?
pelfdaddy

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#3  Postby zulumoose » Sep 14, 2017 12:19 pm

You missed the robot age, when human labour becomes redundant, will be somewhere between 1 and 4.
zulumoose

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

#4  Postby BlackBart » Sep 14, 2017 7:23 pm

What would a post information age consist of exactly?
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Fallible » Sep 14, 2017 9:10 pm

[...]
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby crank » Sep 14, 2017 9:41 pm

Who thinks there will even be 'humans' around in 500 years? I don't think there will be any in 200 years. And why does everyone always assume we'll want to reproduce and populate the universe? The more advanced countries tend to have decreasing reproductive rates. Japan is trying to encourage its citizens because they've gone below keeping even, as has I think Italy.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#7  Postby crank » Sep 14, 2017 9:42 pm

BlackBart wrote:What would a post information age consist of exactly?

Yeah, I thought email did away with the post information age.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby crank » Sep 14, 2017 9:46 pm

You missed the most important one, the one that renders most of the list irrelevant. The CRISPR age. Then, you'll have to figure out what a 'human' is.
crank
RS Donator

Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#9  Postby tuco » Sep 14, 2017 10:00 pm

Population predictions indicate that human population will be growing in next 50. Japan, and other countries crying because of low fertility, should take in some migrants. That they are racists and/or nationalists and/or phobics, well, what to say?
Last edited by tuco on Sep 14, 2017 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tuco

Print view this post

#10  Postby VazScep » Sep 14, 2017 10:07 pm

There should be a bonus age somewhere.
Here we go again. First, we discover recursion.
VazScep

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#11  Postby felltoearth » Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Knowledge.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#12  Postby laklak » Sep 18, 2017 1:30 am

felltoearth wrote:

Knowledge.

I'm betting on Woo.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#13  Postby The_Piper » Sep 18, 2017 4:45 am

If humans don't blow themselves up first, of course.
"I'm not really sure what I'm talking about" - Tucker Carlson
The Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife thread.
The Self Taken Pictures of Scenery thread.
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#14  Postby DavidMcC » Sep 19, 2017 3:35 pm

Maximum7 wrote:We are currently living in the Information Age. The next ages of humanity that I predict are as follows

1. The Post-Information Age
-not too far in the future. Maybe 20 years
2. The Fusion Age
-the discovery of sustainable fusion power ushers in a new Era of unlimited energy and the end of fossil fuels
3. Nano Age
-Nanotechnology truly takes off and permeates every aspect of life
4. Interstellar Age
-With the discovery of Faster-than-light travel, humans can now explore the galaxy
5. Intergalactic Age
-After learning how to transverse the void between galaxies, humanity explores the universe
6.Post-Intergalactic Age
-Humanity begins to settle and inhabits all parts of the universe.
7. Energy Age
-Humanity learns how to convert themselves to pure energy and exist in their own designer universes.
7+. The Big Crunch
-The universe ends and a new one is born in its place
This is how I envision the future. Except for the 7+ Big Crunch Era, can you help me think of 10 future inventions/ technologies for each era? Also, I am open to notes about the ages, and feel free to comment on my eras but I am NOT looking to change them.

Nothing after point 3 has any credibility whatsoever, so your refusal to consider changes to them makes me question the basis of your predictions. No. 7 is the worst of the lot - it seems to come straight out of a Star Trek episode, or some other sciency fantasy.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#15  Postby aban57 » Sep 22, 2017 11:52 am

DavidMcC wrote:
Nothing after point 3 has any credibility whatsoever, so your refusal to consider changes to them makes me question the basis of your predictions. No. 7 is the worst of the lot - it seems to come straight out of a Star Trek episode, or some other sciency fantasy.

Its not Star Trek, but Stargate :

Ascension is a process by which sufficiently evolved sentient beings may shed their physical bodies and live eternally as pure energy on a higher plane of existence, where their capacity for learning and power grows exponentially. It is a mental, spiritual, or evolutionary enlightenment that can arise as the direct result of achieving a certain level of wisdom and self-knowledge. Ascension was once employed by the Ancients as a means to avoid several issues threatening their species with extinction, but it is sought by major powers on Earth and other races such as the Jaffa later. The concept is introduced in the SG-1 season 3 episode "Maternal Instinct" and becomes a central theme of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.
aban57

Name: Cédric

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby DavidMcC » Sep 22, 2017 3:05 pm

aban57 wrote:
DavidMcC wrote:

Ascension is a process by which sufficiently evolved sentient beings may shed their physical bodies and live eternally as pure energy on a higher plane of existence, where their capacity for learning and power grows exponentially. It is a mental, spiritual, or evolutionary enlightenment that can arise as the direct result of achieving a certain level of wisdom and self-knowledge. Ascension was once employed by the Ancients as a means to avoid several issues threatening their species with extinction, but it is sought by major powers on Earth and other races such as the Jaffa later. The concept is introduced in the SG-1 season 3 episode "Maternal Instinct" and becomes a central theme of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis.

Peerhaps you don't remember the ooriginal Star Trek series, wity Captain Kirk and Mr Spock. There was at least one episide with a "pure energy" being, in the form of a wibbly-wobbly glowy living thing. It was years befre SG-1 or later Star Trek series were even thought of.
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#17  Postby aban57 » Sep 22, 2017 3:12 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
aban57 wrote:
DavidMcC wrote:

Peerhaps you don't remember the ooriginal Star Trek series, wity Captain Kirk and Mr Spock. There was at least one episide with a "pure energy" being, in the form of a wibbly-wobbly glowy living thing. It was years befre SG-1 or later Star Trek series were even thought of.

How could I remember something that has never been broadcasted in my country ? :lol:

I keep telling it, Star Trek is virtually non existent in non English-speaking Europe. It just doesn't exist :) All your references of this show go way over our heads.
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#18  Postby DavidMcC » Sep 22, 2017 4:32 pm

aban57 wrote:
DavidMcC wrote:
aban57 wrote:
DavidMcC wrote:

How could I remember something that has never been broadcasted in my country ? :lol:

I keep telling it, Star Trek is virtually non existent in non English-speaking Europe. It just doesn't exist :) All your references of this show go way over our heads.

OK, I didn't realise that. What I should have said, then, is that you didn't know about the original Star Trek, with its "pure energy" beings, OK?
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#19  Postby aban57 » Sep 22, 2017 4:41 pm

DavidMcC wrote:
aban57 wrote:
DavidMcC wrote:
aban57 wrote:

OK, I didn't realise that. What I should have said, then, is that you didn't know about the original Star Trek, with its "pure energy" beings, OK?

I was beeing playfull here, I don't really care who had the idea first. Star Trek being the first of its kind, I'm pretty sure it served as an inspiration for a lot of the SyFi visual content today. And by visual I mean cinema and TV shows.

This discussion is a bit off-topic, but since the OP has no meaning and its author is gone, I guess it doesn't really matter :)
aban57

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#20  Postby DavidMcC » Sep 22, 2017 6:14 pm

crank wrote:

Yeah, I thought email did away with the post information age.

The pun's just dawned on me! :lol: :thumbup:
DavidMcC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to General Science & Technology