Tips and tricks for Mac users

all operating systems

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Tips and tricks for Mac users

#101  Postby Fallible » Dec 11, 2019 1:47 pm

Plus, of course, holding an opinion about a group behaviour is not the issue. It was the attacking of one individual that did it. To then suggest they throw their business your way is the height of cluelessness. And again - I don’t know who you think you are, but you have no place telling people they never learn, like you are some kind of authority. You’re the king of not learning that attempting to deflect criticism of your behaviour doesn’t work. Kindly shove your coffee that you drive for miles to get thereby damaging the environment up your chuff.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#102  Postby Cito di Pense » Dec 11, 2019 1:58 pm

Fallible wrote:Kindly shove your coffee that you drive for miles to get thereby damaging the environment up your chuff.

And that 4k TV? Oh, the footprint it left, traveling from China...
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
Cito di Pense

Name: Fay Smask
Male

Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

#103  Postby Hermit » Dec 12, 2019 1:51 am

Take it easy on Macdoc. He attains forgiveness for his frequent flights to Australia and elsewhere and his many long distance joyrides on big motorbikes by buying indulgences. Well, the modern-day equivalent, contributing to carbon offset funds anyway. You too can indulge in globetrotting, CO2 spewing travels purely for enjoyment and with a clear conscience by paying into one of those funds.

Forgiveness for CD$120 a year! What's not to like about that? It would still be cheap at thrice the money. A clear conscience is priceless. What's more, you get a bonus. No, not a set of steak knives. Better than that. You will be given an immeasurable sense of self-righteousness.

As for the real estate market, yes, it's flooded with predatory elements, be they the mortgage finance types or property speculators. People who buy a home in order to live in it are not in either predatory group. I have listed my (non-predatory) reasons for buying on here, and I bet Felltoearth is another person among millions of homeowners who did not buy one in order to make a quick quid from the purchase. Macdoc ignored it. His opinion about homeowners is as arrogant as it is ignorant.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera

God created the universe
God just exists
Hermit

Male

Print view this post

#104  Postby felltoearth » Dec 12, 2019 12:25 pm

Nothing like downloading a 2GB file in 5 minutes and installing a 3GB application in 30 seconds. Still waiting for my personal rocket pack transport but this will do in the meantime.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#105  Postby I'm With Stupid » Dec 12, 2019 2:34 pm

I was thinking of just spending about £800 on a laptop and buying one of those super fast Samsung SSDs as a second drive and an extra stick of RAM. Seems much cheaper than actually buying the laptop ready made with the specs I want.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#106  Postby felltoearth » Dec 12, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm With Stupid wrote:I was thinking of just spending about £800 on a laptop and buying one of those super fast Samsung SSDs as a second drive and an extra stick of RAM. Seems much cheaper than actually buying the laptop ready made with the specs I want.

For home/consumer use that makes the most sense. Do you really need an 8 core processor?
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#107  Postby Macdoc » Dec 12, 2019 3:50 pm

That's the downside of Mac laptops past 2012 ...less expansion.
At least up to 2015 the laptops can handle th NVMe flash drives.
Current ones....what you buy is what you get period.

That said ....the drives are so fast that low RAM is less of an issue than in the past for the consumer user.
Travel photos > https://500px.com/macdoc/galleries
EO Wilson in On Human Nature wrote:
We are not compelled to believe in biological uniformity in order to affirm human freedom and dignity.
Macdoc

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Science & Technology