What inventions will be invented

Future science

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else below.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: What inventions will be invented

#41  Postby Tzelemel » Apr 10, 2017 9:48 am

NineBerry wrote:I'd like to see nano shave robots. You have a little device where you configure what body parts you want shaved. Then you use the device to spray some nano robots onto your skin. Within a few minutes, they run all over your body to shave the desired areas, then return to some body part where you can suck them back into the device.

Yeah, but you know they're going to malfunction every now and then, and people are going to turn up to work as smooth as a newborn baby. If it happens enough times, it'll catch on as a fashion statement, and everybody will go round with no hair whatsoever. It'll be impossible to tell the difference between male and female amongst the more androgenous-looking ones, which will fuel people to go to extremes to make themselves look manly or womanly, or drive all people to agree on a standard gender neutral pronoun like the Chinese do.

zulumoose wrote:
Thommo wrote:Genetically engineered flies that can find the open half of a window almost every time.

I read that as files, and spent a while trying to figure out what you meant in relation to Microsoft Windows :oops:

I also read that as files.

Thing is, why just flies? Bees, moths and wasps also have the same problems. Engineer all the insects, or conversely, make windows that somehow appear opaque to insects.

Mind you, it won't stop that one fly I saw last week, which was doing its darndest to try and fly through the obviously opaque white ceiling.
Tzelemel

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#42  Postby MarkS » Apr 11, 2017 12:41 pm

I really hope they can make fusion happen.
“Commander Vimes didn't like the phrase 'The innocent have nothing to fear', believing the innocent had everything to fear, mostly from the guilty but in the longer term even more from those who say things like 'The innocent have nothing to fear'.”
MarkS

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#43  Postby Alan B » Apr 12, 2017 3:02 pm

A way to reduce human fertility world-wide so that the human race (and the rest of the dependent species) will have a future...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#44  Postby laklak » Apr 12, 2017 3:06 pm

The Automated Push-Over, based on Fudd's Law, "If you push anything hard enough, it will fall over".
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#45  Postby crank » Apr 13, 2017 10:26 pm

I've got it, why hasn't anyone thought of this before? Flying fucking cars! Gosh, that would just be really keen.
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#46  Postby Arcanyn » Apr 14, 2017 1:55 am

We have flying cars, they're called helicopters.
Power doesn't corrupt, it reveals. Only when someone is free from constraints and consequences do they show their true character.

Sign the petition for the William Lane Craig/David Icke debate here:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/craigickedebate/signatures
Arcanyn

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#47  Postby Thommo » Apr 14, 2017 2:00 am

Artificial noses that can detect trace amounts of chemical compounds, allowing them to combine with learning software to detect such things as trace amounts of explosives, landmines or cancer.
Thommo

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#48  Postby crank » Apr 14, 2017 2:06 am

Will anyone having such a nose feel a strong urge to bark and chase cars?
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#49  Postby laklak » Apr 14, 2017 7:48 pm

It's more the pissing on the new furniture that will be an issue.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#50  Postby james1v » Apr 16, 2017 2:31 am

Robotic spouses, that will be the end of humanity. A bit like Saudi Arabia.
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#51  Postby tuco » Apr 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Tweeting matter.
tuco

Print view this post

Previous

Return to General Science & Technology