Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

Discussion and analysis of past events and their causes and effects.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#21  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Mar 15, 2020 8:18 pm

Not “your” thread, Nevets. All that is yours is your words, and even then once you post those words they belong to the forum owner. You don’t own this forum (unless LIFE has started trolling his own domain). So, climb down off your hobby horse and learn some humility.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 388

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#22  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 8:41 pm

What the fuck does anything on this thread have to do with skepticism?
Why not call the forum idle chit chat?
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#23  Postby Fallible » Mar 15, 2020 8:44 pm

Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50742
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#24  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Mar 15, 2020 8:47 pm

No surprise to anyone here that rationality is a foreign concept to you, Nevets.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 388

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#25  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 9:03 pm

Nevets wrote:What the fuck does anything on this thread have to do with skepticism?
Why not call the forum idle chit chat?

Your poor grasp of reason and logic cannot be projected on the forum Nevets. :naughty:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30755
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#26  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:27 pm

Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#27  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 9:30 pm

Nevets wrote:
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.

So you keep saying and yet here you are... :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30755
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#28  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:40 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.

So you keep saying and yet here you are... :roll:


Dont worry mate.
Is it not perfectly obvious i have already gone?
Would not be speaking like this if i had not.

But some home truths for you mate.
Stop being a pratt.

And if the owner of this place wants to make something of this forum, then it is you lot that will need cleaned out.
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#29  Postby Fallible » Mar 15, 2020 9:41 pm

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.


We’ve been going for over 10 years. There have been some absolutely cracking discussions in that time. I have learned a lot. You may have had the intention you claim. Unfortunately, that is far from the impression you have given. You apparently wanted to start a formal debate, but didn’t bother to find out how to go about it. You were then told this, but just continued on your merry way, constantly making new threads. Since, you have shown no signs whatsoever of wanting to engage in any kind of meaningful discourse, but have instead ticked every single box there is in troll bingo. Finally, you have come to the perfectly sane conclusion that you having had ill tempered, fractious interactions with pretty much everyone who dared post to one of those threads points towards each one of them being immature trolls. You apparently haven’t bothered to ask yourself who the common denominator is. If you thought this was a great little forum, there are reasons for that. That’s if you really did think that. Unfortunately we are at the stage where I wouldn’t believe grass was green if it was you who told me, so I can’t ever know. All I can go by is your behaviour, and that has been an absolute disgrace.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50742
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#30  Postby Fallible » Mar 15, 2020 9:44 pm

Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.

So you keep saying and yet here you are... :roll:


Dont worry mate.
Is it not perfectly obvious i have already gone?
Would not be speaking like this if i had not.

But some home truths for you mate.
Stop being a pratt.

And if the owner of this place wants to make something of this forum, then it is you lot that will need cleaned out.


If he wants to make something of it?? I repeat, we have been around for over 10 years. You’re about 5 years too late if you are genuine. Instead of blaming everyone else for your reception here, why don’t you just accept that it’s not the place for you and go somewhere else? You’re basically blaming the dog who finally snapped and bit you after you’ve been prodding it with a stick for days.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50742
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#31  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 9:49 pm

Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Nevets wrote:
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.

So you keep saying and yet here you are... :roll:


Dont worry mate.
Is it not perfectly obvious i have already gone?
Would not be speaking like this if i had not.

:sigh: :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30755
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#32  Postby Nevets » Mar 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Fallible wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.


We’ve been going for over 10 years. There have been some absolutely cracking discussions in that time. I have learned a lot. You may have had the intention you claim. Unfortunately, that is far from the impression you have given. You apparently wanted to start a formal debate, but didn’t bother to find out how to go about it. You were then told this, but just continued on your merry way, constantly making new threads. Since, you have shown no signs whatsoever of wanting to engage in any kind of meaningful discourse, but have instead ticked every single box there is in troll bingo. Finally, you have come to the perfectly sane conclusion that you having had ill tempered, fractious interactions with pretty much everyone who dared post to one of those threads points towards each one of them being immature trolls. You apparently haven’t bothered to ask yourself who the common denominator is. If you thought this was a great little forum, there are reasons for that. That’s if you really did think that. Unfortunately we are at the stage where I wouldn’t believe grass was green if it was you who told me, so I can’t ever know. All I can go by is your behaviour, and that has been an absolute disgrace.


You have been going for 10 years, and you have formed a clique, and this place is not what it was originally intended for, and you are unwelcoming and hostile and patronising to newcomers.

Your allegations of trollery is also not warranted.
There are worse things than trollery. Such as abuse, and rude and obnoxious behaviour.

Now if you actually look back. I did not once quote "one single person".
I quoted "only" the OP, and i did not respond to any arguments that where made to my responses, that did not pertain to the subject of the OP.

In threads i made, each and every one of them was derailed and trolled, with lies and underhanded tactics.

I did not once call any individual any name whatsoever, and i was insulted, mocked et cetera.

But i am aware of the real reason. It is because i am not biased. I am not a liar. I am not bought by anyone and i have a mind of my own, and if i think Saddam Hussein was innocent, i will say it, even if i do think 9/11 being an inside job is insane.

But you have not got the balls. You need to be part of a herd.
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#33  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Mar 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Nevets wrote:Removed.
Bunch of obnoxious uneducated bullies.


Wow!
what a terrible image
Rachel Bronwyn
 
Name: speaking moistly
Posts: 13237
Age: 31
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#34  Postby theropod_V_2.0 » Mar 15, 2020 10:16 pm

Oh, so your repeated, and broadband, violation of the Forum Users Agreement is all our fault eh, Nevets? It’s our fault that you repeatedly misrepresented nearly everyone that engaged you, right? It was all our fault that you posted links to wiki pages that directly refuted your assertions. It’s our fault that you erected straw men on a level with the terra-cotta army. It’s all on us that we didn’t humble ourselves at your sheer brilliance in being able to just know shit, even when bonafide history scholars tell you how wrong you are. Yes, we collectively blew it by not accepting your abusive, arrogant, mean-spirited self as a gift of the gods.

RS
“Sleeping in the hen house doesn’t make you a chicken”.
User avatar
theropod_V_2.0
 
Name: R.A.
Posts: 388

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#35  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 15, 2020 10:17 pm

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.


We’ve been going for over 10 years. There have been some absolutely cracking discussions in that time. I have learned a lot. You may have had the intention you claim. Unfortunately, that is far from the impression you have given. You apparently wanted to start a formal debate, but didn’t bother to find out how to go about it. You were then told this, but just continued on your merry way, constantly making new threads. Since, you have shown no signs whatsoever of wanting to engage in any kind of meaningful discourse, but have instead ticked every single box there is in troll bingo. Finally, you have come to the perfectly sane conclusion that you having had ill tempered, fractious interactions with pretty much everyone who dared post to one of those threads points towards each one of them being immature trolls. You apparently haven’t bothered to ask yourself who the common denominator is. If you thought this was a great little forum, there are reasons for that. That’s if you really did think that. Unfortunately we are at the stage where I wouldn’t believe grass was green if it was you who told me, so I can’t ever know. All I can go by is your behaviour, and that has been an absolute disgrace.


You have been going for 10 years, and you have formed a clique, and this place is not what it was originally intended for, and you are unwelcoming and hostile and patronising to newcomers.

Only those who consistenyly act in bad faith.


Your allegations of trollery is also not warranted.
There are worse things than trollery. Such as abuse, and rude and obnoxious behaviour.

These two statement form a non-sequitur. And since you've engaged in abuse and rude, obnoxious behaviour you're in no position to lecture others. I.o.w. stop projecting Nevets.
Finally, if you're not a troll, you must either be severely mentally or educationally impaired, given the mountain of bullshit and straw-men you've posted.


In threads i made, each and every one of them was derailed and trolled, with lies and underhanded tactics.

Then why did you do all those things, if you find them objectionable.
Stop projecting Nevets. :naughty:


I did not once call any individual any name whatsoever, and i was insulted, mocked et cetera.

You just called me a pratt.
And you've repeatedly insulted and personally attacked others by questioning their intelligence, motives, dilligence, etc. :naughty:


But i am aware of the real reason.

I doubt it, since you keep making up bullshit about others.


It is because i am not biased. I am not a liar.

You've demonstrated extreme bias by insisting on PRATTs and reading things into sources that aren't there.
You're also a liar as you've constantly misrepresented others even after being corrected and by making stuff up about others that is not reflected in their posts.


I am not bought by anyone and i have a mind of my own,

Irellevant straw-man #576643. :coffee:


and if i think Saddam Hussein was innocent, i will say it, even if i do think 9/11 being an inside job is insane.

Thats a non-sequitur in the form of a false dichotomy.


But you have not got the balls. You need to be part of a herd.

Not accepting baseless claim,, has nothing to with bravery or being part of a herd. :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30755
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#36  Postby Fallible » Mar 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.


We’ve been going for over 10 years. There have been some absolutely cracking discussions in that time. I have learned a lot. You may have had the intention you claim. Unfortunately, that is far from the impression you have given. You apparently wanted to start a formal debate, but didn’t bother to find out how to go about it. You were then told this, but just continued on your merry way, constantly making new threads. Since, you have shown no signs whatsoever of wanting to engage in any kind of meaningful discourse, but have instead ticked every single box there is in troll bingo. Finally, you have come to the perfectly sane conclusion that you having had ill tempered, fractious interactions with pretty much everyone who dared post to one of those threads points towards each one of them being immature trolls. You apparently haven’t bothered to ask yourself who the common denominator is. If you thought this was a great little forum, there are reasons for that. That’s if you really did think that. Unfortunately we are at the stage where I wouldn’t believe grass was green if it was you who told me, so I can’t ever know. All I can go by is your behaviour, and that has been an absolute disgrace.


You have been going for 10 years, and you have formed a clique, and this place is not what it was originally intended for, and you are unwelcoming and hostile and patronising to newcomers.

Your allegations of trollery is also not warranted.
There are worse things than trollery. Such as abuse, and rude and obnoxious behaviour.

Now if you actually look back. I did not once quote "one single person".
I quoted "only" the OP, and i did not respond to any arguments that where made to my responses, that did not pertain to the subject of the OP.

In threads i made, each and every one of them was derailed and trolled, with lies and underhanded tactics.

I did not once call any individual any name whatsoever, and i was insulted, mocked et cetera.

But i am aware of the real reason. It is because i am not biased. I am not a liar. I am not bought by anyone and i have a mind of my own, and if i think Saddam Hussein was innocent, i will say it, even if i do think 9/11 being an inside job is insane.

But you have not got the balls. You need to be part of a herd.


This is all so moving, it’s like a rousing speech. I am almost in tears. We are such terrible people, without balls. I see now how what looked so, so much like non-stop trolling, misrepresentation and mendacity was in fact everyone else needing to be part of a herd. Thank you for showing me that everything I saw with my own eyes was just an illusion. I am so very grateful.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50742
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#37  Postby tuco » Mar 15, 2020 11:43 pm

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.


We’ve been going for over 10 years. There have been some absolutely cracking discussions in that time. I have learned a lot. You may have had the intention you claim. Unfortunately, that is far from the impression you have given. You apparently wanted to start a formal debate, but didn’t bother to find out how to go about it. You were then told this, but just continued on your merry way, constantly making new threads. Since, you have shown no signs whatsoever of wanting to engage in any kind of meaningful discourse, but have instead ticked every single box there is in troll bingo. Finally, you have come to the perfectly sane conclusion that you having had ill tempered, fractious interactions with pretty much everyone who dared post to one of those threads points towards each one of them being immature trolls. You apparently haven’t bothered to ask yourself who the common denominator is. If you thought this was a great little forum, there are reasons for that. That’s if you really did think that. Unfortunately we are at the stage where I wouldn’t believe grass was green if it was you who told me, so I can’t ever know. All I can go by is your behaviour, and that has been an absolute disgrace.


You have been going for 10 years, and you have formed a clique, and this place is not what it was originally intended for, and you are unwelcoming and hostile and patronising to newcomers.

Your allegations of trollery is also not warranted.
There are worse things than trollery. Such as abuse, and rude and obnoxious behaviour.

Now if you actually look back. I did not once quote "one single person".
I quoted "only" the OP, and i did not respond to any arguments that where made to my responses, that did not pertain to the subject of the OP.

In threads i made, each and every one of them was derailed and trolled, with lies and underhanded tactics.

I did not once call any individual any name whatsoever, and i was insulted, mocked et cetera.

But i am aware of the real reason. It is because i am not biased. I am not a liar. I am not bought by anyone and i have a mind of my own, and if i think Saddam Hussein was innocent, i will say it, even if i do think 9/11 being an inside job is insane.

But you have not got the balls. You need to be part of a herd.


I was gonna write something longer, something more specific, but ... if you let peer pressure gets to you too much and too often, then perhaps its time to consider getting along with the program.
tuco
 
Posts: 15450

Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#38  Postby OlivierK » Mar 16, 2020 12:19 am

You know, Nevets, if you're reading this, what your problem was?

This is a discussion forum, not a debate club. And in discussions, it's OK when someone points out an error to say "You know what? You're right." because you know what? The people who were pointing out your errors were right (and a lot more patient with you, than you've been with them).
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9463
Age: 53
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#39  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 16, 2020 1:49 am

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:This is what happens when you are a jerk to enough people, Steven.


I do apologise.
However, you are under no obligation to reply to my threads.
If you looked at what the thread was concerning, this would be for people wish to discuss this subject.
Obviously you are unable to keep your animosities to yourself.
It is actually obvious that a number of users on this forum as also sockpuppet accounts.
I thought this was a really good forum.
But unfortunately i have realised Skepticism actually depresses me.
The people that claim to be skeptics i think are amongst the most rude and obnoxious people i have ever met.
Childish almost.
Still laughing about farts.
Sorry that i was a jerk to you.
But no biggy.
Just click red X.
Poof.



No one's under any obligation to reply to your threads in the same way you're under no obligation to post those threads.

You don't want to 'discuss' this subject any more than you wanted to discuss any of the prior subjects. You want to pretend you're knowledgeable because you've read a Wikipedia page. The problem is that you don't appear to be able to read those pages as you cite them in support of arguments you make that are factually contradictory to the very source you cite.

In this life, the way you act nets you responses. Wander round punching people in the nose, don't be surprised when people start pre-emptively beating the shit out of you. Similarly, when you join a forum and splurge bullshit everywhere, strawman people, cite one-liners from Wikipedia that materially contradict yourself all the while posing as some kind of superior intellect, then 'rude and obnoxious' is about the best you can hope for.

You've tried to accuse me and Thomas Eshuis of being the same person - but you didn't stop and think about how fucking stupid that is. Both of us have been members of this forum for a very long time, and while I can't speak for Thomas, I can tell you I've met a number of people here in real life, so it'd be just a bit tricky to maintain such a pretense over so many years. The fact is that both Thomas and I like history - Thomas having specialized in it, graduated in History and now teaches it - whereas for my part, I am more of an interested layman with a hobby of history, although I did study pre-Hellenistic Greece at university and consequently know how the historical method works; something you clearly don't. My academic area is actually Anthropology, and consequently when you start yanmering on about language families (after I taught you what they were) then you're moving into an area in which I have some expertise - certainly knowledge that's superior to a layman, and to a much greater depth than you can find on a 200 word entry on Wikipedia. So the reason why Thomas and I have responded to a lot of your posts is because we're both interested in history and have the background to know and show why you're wrong. That we both find your silly arguments lacking doesn't make us the same person.

Waltzing in, dumping piles of shit, misrepresenting people, and making allegations like this just make you entirely unwelcome. Check your own fucking behavior instead of assuming everyone has to cater to you.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#40  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 16, 2020 1:51 am

Nevets wrote:
Fallible wrote:Perhaps you expected the members here to cluster around you in admiration when you landed here and immediately started shitting everywhere?


No, i had a heart attack one month ago and came out of hospital 2 weeks ago, and i am signed off for another month. As i used to be "extremely" active in countering conspiracy theorists, conducting debates with the likes of John Strangis the Aids denialist and house of numbers financier, who later changed his mind about Aids being a hoax, though i gave all that up to run my own buisness, i made the mistake when i came out of hosptital to maybe try and spend my time getting over the side effects of pneumonia and pleurisy, i decided to maybe reignite my old interest, so i first looked on the Metabunk forum, but found my views are not consistent with full on debunking, as i found they did not look at both sided of the story, so i looked for something maybe more compatible, so i tried this place.
I liked it, thought it was a great little forum where one could try and have sensible discussions.
I was not looking for friends, nor enemies, nor to form opinions on other users.
I have facebook, real friends, and family for that.
I dont need a skeptic forum to be part of a clique.
However it seems people here have no interest in sticking to the subject matter, nor offering anything worthwhile.
Its all just moan and whinge.
Sorry to have disturbed you with my "Drivel".
I will find somewhere else, where people "do" discuss subjects, and stick to the subject matter.



While I hope you get better soon, the concept of you being a leading light in the countering of conspiracy theories makes me laugh uproariously.

All the rest is just you preening.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to History

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest