Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

Discussion and analysis of past events and their causes and effects.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#61  Postby Nevets » Mar 17, 2020 1:19 am

Hermit wrote:
Nevets wrote:Thomas Eshuis ... is not a lecturer at Groningen University in Holland, as he claims.

In principle there is nothing wrong with checking the truth of what forum members claim to be, or to have done. At least I don't regard it as doxxing. One has to be careful about what forum members claim to be and to have done, though. So, Nevets, let's have a look at what Thomas Eshuis claims to be and to have done, shall we? OK, here we go:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:I've a bachelors degree in history, am finishing my Masters and have already taught for three years.

Do you see anything about him claiming to be, or have been, a lecturer at Groningen University? Me neither. All I see is that he has completed a bachelors degree in history, is in the process of finishing is Masters and has already taught for three years. Now, it is not uncommon at all for postgraduates to teach as tutors at universities they are studying for a postgraduate degree. It's usually a part-time job and tutors are rarely, if ever, listed among staff. What is more, Thomas Eshuis has not even claimed to have taught at the university he is a member of as a postgraduate student. He could be teaching independently, which would keep him completely off the books. In Germany a lot of postgraduate students do that. They are known as Privatdozenten. There could well be a similar tradition in the Netherlands.

I think you ought to begin to learn to read what is written sometime soon.


He wrote in one of the threads, in a reply to Speirthrower, that he was a historian from a university in Holland.
And he is also "illegally" claiming this online. People can contact him over research gate, thinking they are getting advice from an actual Historian from Groningen university. Money could also change hands, whos to say
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Eshuis

But if he wants a job in the education system, he would be best advised to adopt an actual real Pseudonym for his escapist role playing games. Because whilst his behaviour might be accepted on here. It certainly will not be in real life.

He better learn quick and reflect on who is giving him the soundest advice here.

You, or me.
User avatar
Nevets
Banned User
THREAD STARTER
 
Name: steven gall
Posts: 368

Country: United Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#62  Postby felltoearth » Mar 17, 2020 1:46 am

Ironclad wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Hey everyone! My real name isn’t felltoearth. Just so you know.
After all these years.. the lies, the damn lies!

Indeed Rusty Pants
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 12910
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#63  Postby felltoearth » Mar 17, 2020 1:48 am

Rachel Bronwyn wrote:
felltoearth wrote:Hey everyone! My real name isn’t felltoearth. Just so you know.


Our marriage really was a sham.

Now Rachel... if that *is* your real name. And to think I paid for those boobs.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 12910
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#64  Postby felltoearth » Mar 17, 2020 1:48 am

scott1328 wrote:is this what used to be called doxing? can we get this person removed now?

Pretty shitty attempt at doxxing. Much like his posting history around here.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 12910
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#65  Postby felltoearth » Mar 17, 2020 1:52 am

Nevets wrote:
He wrote in one of the threads, in a reply to Speirthrower, that he was a historian from a university in Holland.

Your inability to parse a sentence, understand meaning and infer a proper conclusion is noted.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 12910
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#66  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 1:55 am

Nevets wrote:Thomas Eshuis "does not" work as a historian at Groningen University as he claimed.
I found this out, because i was that concerned about the state of our education system,...


You were concerned about the state of "our" education system?

He's Dutch, Nevets, at a Dutch University - aren't you supposed to be British living in the UK? :)

Perhaps we should fact check that?


Nevets wrote:... that a Historian from Groningen University was getting involved in online trivial nonsense,


Historians aren't allowed to write on discussion fora?


Nevets wrote: accusing one of beating their wife,


That's a fucking lie.


Nevets wrote: and getting even contemporary historical facts completely wrong, such as Normans having nothing to do with Denmark, or norse people.


And that's just your usual half-baked shite complete with you usual strawmanning.


Nevets wrote:I actually decided to put in a complaint with Groningen University, only for them to send an email back assuring me that nobody of the name of Thomas Eshuis has ever worked at Groningen University.


That's especially vitriolic of you to even think of doing something like that, but there's also the little problem here of it being an assertion on your part. It's also an amazingly fast turn-around considering you must have done it yesterday and got a reply today - I find that very difficult to believe considering how slowly the gears of university bureaucracy turn.

But what we now have, in a best reading, is your word against Thomas'. Given that Thomas has been a member of this forum for a long time, and given that in your brief visit here you have repeatedly lied... it's not looking favorable for you.

On top of this is how nasty it makes you look. But I am glad that this, if nothing else, might encourage the moderators to deal with your obvious fucking trolling.

Still, the question that immediately springs to mind is: where did Thomas say he worked at Groningen University? My memory may be off here, but as far as I recall, Thomas graduated from Groningen University but actually works as a teacher in a high school.


Nevets wrote:So i decided to do a little research, and i found out being a historian at Groningen University is an online pseudonym Thomas has created for himself. He opened an account on a website where "absolutely anyone" can create a profile claiming to be a Historian connected to a university. And people can contact them for advise on certain subjects. And sure enough, Thomas Eshuis does have an account claiming to be a Historian at Groningen University, and is offering his services on Research gates website

Thomas Eshuis
University of Groningen | RUG · Department of History https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Eshuis


So what you're saying is that Thomas has played a long field game of joining researchgate just to justify his claims to being an historian?

Isn't there a much more parsimonious explanation? That he listed himself there because he is exactly what he says he is?


Nevets wrote:I went to the official site of Grongon University, just to get some definitive proof for what i already knew, and i got it in seconds


And of course, it's not meant to be in the slightest bit problematic that you can't even remember how to spell Groningen after just citing it not 1 minute prior.


Nevets wrote:
Your search did not match any documents.
If you are looking for a staff member (and you are not sure how his/her name is spelled), please contact the switchboard, 050-363 9111.


You can also search for names by department if you know where the staff member you are looking for works. https://www.rug.nl/staff/?currentPage=1 ... 1&count=10
[/quote]

So I take it that you have cross-checked this by inputting the name of someone you know who works there and seeing if you get the expected hit?

This all seems like an awful lot of hard work... it'd be weird if you did all this without first confirming that Thomas claimed to have worked at Groningen University.


Nevets wrote:Just to be sure, i searched through every single member of staff in Groningen University History departments, and there are many, but no Thomas Eshuis
https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/how-to-find ... ne=History


How did you check through every member of staff at Groningen University? By the website, one by one?

Again, I am deeply suspicious that this is another wild mischaracterization on your part based off your typically dire reading comprehension - from where did you get the idea that Thomas works at Groningen University?


Nevets wrote:The only thing i could find, that was connected to Thomas Eshuis, was a bit of schoo homework he done. A Jew for a Jew
https://prezi.com/rl-qkdifzidv/the-use- ... -messages/


Once again, there's a few problems with this. 1) The assumption that it's the same guy as here - perhaps it is, but I also imagine there are probably plenty of people called 'Thomas Eshuis'. 2) That doesn't look like "school homework" to me - it looks like a lesson plan / class powerpoint presentation to me - do you imagine this is part of the long-game Thomas is playing to fool people that he's legit? 3) You've misquoted it - it's not "Jew for a Jew" it's "The use of symbolism in propaganda messages."


Nevets wrote:And somewhere else where he was arguing that he would date a transgender male (which is ok, no problem)


Unattributed assertion, but wow - that's full on smear mode now, Nevets - it makes you look like a complete fucking cunt.


Nevets wrote:
Sure I would date a transgendered person, of either sex/gender.
I'm primarily attracted to a persons personality, not their bits. https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... 7#13806325


The relevance of this with respect to Thomas being an historian is...?

Oh wait, wrong question - the relevance of this with respect to Nevets having a temper tantrum and looking to fuck someone he doesn't even know over through smear and allegation.... oh year, that's clear now.


Nevets wrote:Quite open minded actually, if you ask me.


No one does.


Nevets wrote:But no, he is not a lecturer at Groningen University in Holland, as he claims.


Where did he claim it? Only, that seems to be a rather critical piece of information you're missing.


Nevets wrote:This is a fake online Psuedonym he has created for himself, and i spotted it the second he replied to my first post.


It's 'pseudonym' and it isn't capitalized.

That's funny, because the actual recorded fact on these forums is quite inconsistent with that curated history. After your first interaction with Thomas, you were quite insistent that he was intelligent:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... s#p2736133

uote="Nevets";p="2737861"]Thomas is intelligent.
He can spaeak for himself.[/quote]

What you didn't say is "Thomas is using a fake online Psuedonym (sic) he has created for himself"


Nevets wrote:He is barely out of pre-pubency.


That's just another personal attack to add to the rest of the smear and vitriol you've decided as your next trolling strategy on this forum.


Nevets wrote:I cannot comment on how many others on here are involved in his little game.


It's problematic that you think you've established anything relevant here when you've failed to provide any material support for even your most basic claim.

I could write an entire thread proving you're not the Queen of Sheba, but it wouldn't matter a fig if you'd never claimed to be.


Nevets wrote:But no Thomas. I am not beating my wife.


You've already had this explained to you more than once:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/post2 ... e#p2737490

Spearthrower wrote:As usual, you've failed to grasp many thing, but I'll educate you about one of them as it's new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question

A loaded question or complex question is a question that contains a controversial or unjustified assumption (e.g., a presumption of guilt).[1]

Aside from being an informal fallacy depending on usage, such questions may be used as a rhetorical tool: the question attempts to limit direct replies to be those that serve the questioner's agenda.[2] The traditional example is the question "Have you stopped beating your wife?" Whether the respondent answers yes or no, they will admit to having a wife and having beaten her at some time in the past. Thus, these facts are presupposed by the question, and in this case an entrapment, because it narrows the respondent to a single answer, and the fallacy of many questions has been committed


This was back when you tried to use a loaded question, and someone responded with 'Do you still beat your wife?' meaning - you're using a loaded question.


And you acknowledged it here:

http://www.rationalskepticism.org/relig ... 0#p2737520

So another falsehood on your part.


Nevets wrote:Nor am i creating fake online Psuedonyms as part of some online role playing game.


I think this is probably exactly what you're doing.

For example, you claim to be British and in the UK. Except your posting history sees you posting throughout the night of the UK timezone, and saying 'Good night' at what would be 8am in the UK. You also claim above to be worried about 'our' education system even though the education system in question would be the Netherlands'.


Nevets wrote:I also think you need to remove your profile at research gate Thomas, because that is not just fantasy role play. That is "fraud".


You've not established that it is fraudulent. In Thomas' profile on researchgate he doesn't list himself as employed at Groningen University, only that he attended it.


Nevets wrote:Thanks


If nothing had yet convinced the moderators you were here to troll, I think they've going to struggle to find anything charitable to conceive of with respect to this post.

Basically, you've either exposed that you came here to troll just as numerous independent members here concluded from your behavior, or that you're so desperate to pretend you're credible that you'll attempt to shank anyone who criticizes your half-baked shite.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#67  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 2:01 am

Nevets wrote:He wrote in one of the threads, in a reply to Speirthrower, that he was a historian from a university in Holland.


Then why haven't you cited it?

This would be foundational to your charge against him.

Supposedly, you've gone to all these lengths that must have taken you hours just to fabricate a charge against him, but you've not even shown that he made any such claim.

So get cracking lad - find the relevant quote from Thomas.


Nevets wrote:And he is also "illegally" claiming this online. People can contact him over research gate, thinking they are getting advice from an actual Historian from Groningen university. Money could also change hands, whos to say
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Eshuis


That's outright bullshit.

1) It wouldn't be illegal, even if it were true.
2) His profile doesn't say he's a professor of History at Groningen University. You've made all that up.
3) If someone employs an expert, they're going to do more fact-checking than looking at someone's name on a website.
4) It's just your nonsensical make-believe once again being asserted as credible when it's factually not.



Nevets wrote:But if he wants a job in the education system, he would be best advised to adopt an actual real Pseudonym for his escapist role playing games. Because whilst his behaviour might be accepted on here. It certainly will not be in real life.


Fuck off with your trolling. You don't have a job in the education system, you never will have a job in the education system (given your writing skills alone are just dire) so you're in no position at all and have zero credibility to be giving out advice on how to get a job in the education system.

Your behavior is not acceptable here OR in real life.


Nevets wrote:He better learn quick and reflect on who is giving him the soundest advice here.

You, or me.


HA!

You're not giving him advice: you're attempting to smear him with inane accusations because you got in a strop after he didn't accept your claims as gospel.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#68  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 2:03 am

Hermit wrote:
Nevets wrote:Thomas Eshuis ... is not a lecturer at Groningen University in Holland, as he claims.

In principle there is nothing wrong with checking the truth of what forum members claim to be, or to have done. At least I don't regard it as doxxing. One has to be careful about what forum members claim to be and to have done, though. So, Nevets, let's have a look at what Thomas Eshuis claims to be and to have done, shall we? OK, here we go:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:I've a bachelors degree in history, am finishing my Masters and have already taught for three years.

Do you see anything about him claiming to be, or have been, a lecturer at Groningen University? Me neither. All I see is that he has completed a bachelors degree in history, is in the process of finishing is Masters and has already taught for three years. Now, it is not uncommon at all for postgraduates to teach as tutors at universities they are studying for a postgraduate degree. It's usually a part-time job and tutors are rarely, if ever, listed among staff. What is more, Thomas Eshuis has not even claimed to have taught at the university he is a member of as a postgraduate student. He could be teaching independently, which would keep him completely off the books. In Germany a lot of postgraduate students do that. They are known as Privatdozenten. There could well be a similar tradition in the Netherlands.

I think you ought to begin to learn to read what is written sometime soon.



Goodness! Your research powers out-research the vaunted research powers of Nevets! You must be like a god of research, or at least an intern! :lol:

Yup, this entire diversion reiterates all the bullshit Nevets has been doing since he arrived.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#69  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 2:07 am

Thomas Eshuis "does not" work as a historian at Groningen University as he claimed.


Thomas Eshuis is "not" the Queen of Sheba as he claimed.

I contacted the Kingdom of Sheba and they've never heard of him. I also flew there, at no little personal cost to myself, infiltrated the royal palace, and went through the underwear drawers, and none of the underwear would have fitted Thomas Eshuis!

Also a rummage through the bins out back did not turn up a single indication of anyone of Thomas' name being the Queen of Sheba.

However, Thomas has indicated that he likes wearing women's clothing, so I am open-minded about that.

This is illegal! He's not the royalty he claims to be, therefore I am right in all my insane claims and every word he's written should be doubted, while I have shown I am a model of rational, mature, stable intellect.

Thanks.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#70  Postby Hermit » Mar 17, 2020 2:15 am

Nevets wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Nevets wrote:Thomas Eshuis ... is not a lecturer at Groningen University in Holland, as he claims.

In principle there is nothing wrong with checking the truth of what forum members claim to be, or to have done. At least I don't regard it as doxxing. One has to be careful about what forum members claim to be and to have done, though. So, Nevets, let's have a look at what Thomas Eshuis claims to be and to have done, shall we? OK, here we go:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:I've a bachelors degree in history, am finishing my Masters and have already taught for three years.

Do you see anything about him claiming to be, or have been, a lecturer at Groningen University? Me neither. All I see is that he has completed a bachelors degree in history, is in the process of finishing is Masters and has already taught for three years. Now, it is not uncommon at all for postgraduates to teach as tutors at universities they are studying for a postgraduate degree. It's usually a part-time job and tutors are rarely, if ever, listed among staff. What is more, Thomas Eshuis has not even claimed to have taught at the university he is a member of as a postgraduate student. He could be teaching independently, which would keep him completely off the books. In Germany a lot of postgraduate students do that. They are known as Privatdozenten. There could well be a similar tradition in the Netherlands.

I think you ought to begin to learn to read what is written sometime soon.


He wrote in one of the threads, in a reply to Speirthrower, that he was a historian from a university in Holland.
And he is also "illegally" claiming this online. People can contact him over research gate, thinking they are getting advice from an actual Historian from Groningen university. Money could also change hands, whos to say
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Eshuis

But if he wants a job in the education system, he would be best advised to adopt an actual real Pseudonym for his escapist role playing games. Because whilst his behaviour might be accepted on here. It certainly will not be in real life.

He better learn quick and reflect on who is giving him the soundest advice here.

You, or me.

It is hardly someone who misrepresents what Thomas has written and jumps to false conclusions. Thomas Eshuis has never claimed to be a lecturer. At ResearchGate he only claims to be a member of University of Groningen's Department of History. As a postgraduate currently studying for his masters degree, he is a bona fide member of that university, that university's department of history and a historian. I already explained to you how he can be teaching history for three years without appearing on the department's staff list. He is not misrepresenting himself. You are misrepresenting him. You, Nevets, are skating on thin ice.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3570
Age: 66
Male

Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#71  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 2:18 am

Well, that worked out well for you, didn't it Nevets?

I have to say that if he wasn't trolling, then he was the thickest person I've ever encountered, and that includes people on Youtube comments sections.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#72  Postby kiore » Mar 17, 2020 2:20 am


!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Enough of this.
Folding@Home Team member.
Image
What does this stuff mean?
Read here:
general-science/folding-home-team-182116-t616.html
User avatar
kiore
Senior Moderator
 
Posts: 16197

Country: In transit.
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#73  Postby felltoearth » Mar 17, 2020 2:23 am

That went as well as expected.
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
User avatar
felltoearth
 
Posts: 12910
Age: 52

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#74  Postby Hermit » Mar 17, 2020 2:57 am

Whoops. That ice Nevets was skating on was even thinner than I thought. He wasn't a troll, though. Just mentally and intellectually handicapped. In combination with his Dunning-Kruger style self-confidence it made him a profoundly irritating person. Never mind. I won't miss the nonsense he flooded this forum with at a rate of just over 40 posts per day prior to his initial suspension.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3570
Age: 66
Male

Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#75  Postby OlivierK » Mar 17, 2020 6:00 am

And all because he never asked himself "What if they're right, and I'm wrong?"

User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9462
Age: 53
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#76  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 17, 2020 7:41 am

Sigh, this is why hesitate to mention my credentials. Not just because, even when relevant, it can be misconstrued as an appeal to authority fallacy, but it also tends to lead to creepy stalking like Nevets just exhibited.
The only reason I mentioned my qualifications to Nevets, is because he kept accusing me of not knowing anything about history, basic historical facts, etc.

Allow me to clear up any possible confusion.
I've taught for three years at two Dutch high-schools, both junior and senior, in Dutch and English.

Nevets wrote:Thomas Eshuis "does not" work as a historian at Groningen University as he claimed.

I never claimed to be employed at the RUG, because I am not.
I merely pointed out that I hold a BA in history and am currently finishing my Master degree.

Nevets wrote:
I found this out, because i was that concerned about the state of our education system, that a Historian from Groningen University was getting involved in online trivial nonsense, accusing one of beating their wife,

As ST pointed out, I was merely pointing out that Nevets was asking leading and straw-manning questions, repeatedly.

Nevets wrote: and getting even contemporary historical facts completely wrong, such as Normans having nothing to do with Denmark, or norse people.

This is nothing but a fantastical straw-man that Nevets keeps regurgitating.

Nevets wrote:
I actually decided to put in a complaint with Groningen University, only for them to send an email back assuring me that nobody of the name of Thomas Eshuis has ever worked at Groningen University.

Since the university is closed for all but the most emergent issues, I doubt that Nevets got a reply. If he sent a complaint at all.
Not that it matters anyway as I never claimed to be an employee.

Nevets wrote:
So i decided to do a little research, and i found out being a historian at Groningen University is an online pseudonym Thomas has created for himself.

Since I have a physical copy of my BA in history, it's neither an online thing nor a pseudonym, nor have I created it for myself.

Nevets wrote:
He opened an account on a website where "absolutely anyone" can create a profile claiming to be a Historian connected to a university.

Since I did not, nor have I ever claimed my membership of Research Gate, to be evidence of anything, much less being a historian, this is nothing but a dishonest straw-man Nevets tried to burn down.

For clarity, the reason I am a member of Research Gate, is to have access to scientists and their papers. As Nevets himself points out in the very next sentence:
Nevets wrote:
And people can contact them for advise on certain subjects.


Nevets wrote:And sure enough, Thomas Eshuis does have an account claiming to be a Historian at Groningen University, and is offering his services on Research gates website

1. I am a historian at the RUG.
2. I don't claim to be offering my services on RG. Nor have I ever given advise on/via that site.

Nevets wrote:
Thomas Eshuis
University of Groningen | RUG · Department of History https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Eshuis

Yes, when creating a profile on RG, you're asked to state where you're currently doing research. Which, in my case, is the RUG, at the department of history.
I guess Nevets never noticed, btw, that I have several followers that are researching at the RUG.

Nevets wrote:I went to the official site of Grongon University, just to get some definitive proof for what i already knew, and i got it in seconds

Your search did not match any documents.
If you are looking for a staff member (and you are not sure how his/her name is spelled), please contact the switchboard, 050-363 9111.

You can also search for names by department if you know where the staff member you are looking for works. https://www.rug.nl/staff/?currentPage=1 ... 1&count=10


Just to be sure, i searched through every single member of staff in Groningen University History departments, and there are many, but no Thomas Eshuis
https://www.rug.nl/about-ug/how-to-find ... ne=History

Since I never claimed to be a member of staff, because I am not, this is yet another fabricated claim on Nevets part.
As an aside, regarding ST's question how he would find out if someone is a member of faculty at the RUG.
The website lists them all, with their real name.



Nevets wrote:
The only thing i could find, that was connected to Thomas Eshuis, was a bit of schoo homework he done. A Jew for a Jew
https://prezi.com/rl-qkdifzidv/the-use- ... -messages/

As ST pointed out, this is not homework but a PP presentation I made for my third year students. It served both as an example of symbolism in propaganda and how to write a (historical) paper.
It's in English because the class in question was part of a dual-language programme,

Nevets wrote:
And somewhere else where he was arguing that he would date a transgender male (which is ok, no problem)

Sure I would date a transgendered person, of either sex/gender.
I'm primarily attracted to a persons personality, not their bits. https://v1.escapistmagazine.com/forums/ ... 7#13806325


Quite open minded actually, if you ask me.

A good example of the creepy stalking I was referring to.

Nevets wrote:But no, he is not a lecturer at Groningen University in Holland, as he claims.

Again, never claimed this, because I am not.

Nevets wrote:This is a fake online Psuedonym he has created for himself, and i spotted it the second he replied to my first post.

Spotting something that does not exist is not much of an achievement.

Nevets wrote:
He is barely out of pre-pubency.

Silly name-calling.

Nevets wrote:
I cannot comment on how many others on here are involved in his little game.

Since there is no game, none.

Nevets wrote:
But no Thomas. I am not beating my wife.

He kept asking loaded question and making baseless accusations about his interlocutors though.

Nevets wrote:Nor am i creating fake online Psuedonyms as part of some online role playing game.

Neither was I.

Nevets wrote:
I also think you need to remove your profile at research gate Thomas, because that is not just fantasy role play. That is "fraud".

Except it's not, as explained above.

On a more positive note, my thanks for those who defended me, while I was asleep. :cheers:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30752
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#77  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 17, 2020 7:53 am

Nevets wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Nevets wrote:Thomas Eshuis ... is not a lecturer at Groningen University in Holland, as he claims.

In principle there is nothing wrong with checking the truth of what forum members claim to be, or to have done. At least I don't regard it as doxxing. One has to be careful about what forum members claim to be and to have done, though. So, Nevets, let's have a look at what Thomas Eshuis claims to be and to have done, shall we? OK, here we go:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:I've a bachelors degree in history, am finishing my Masters and have already taught for three years.

Do you see anything about him claiming to be, or have been, a lecturer at Groningen University? Me neither. All I see is that he has completed a bachelors degree in history, is in the process of finishing is Masters and has already taught for three years. Now, it is not uncommon at all for postgraduates to teach as tutors at universities they are studying for a postgraduate degree. It's usually a part-time job and tutors are rarely, if ever, listed among staff. What is more, Thomas Eshuis has not even claimed to have taught at the university he is a member of as a postgraduate student. He could be teaching independently, which would keep him completely off the books. In Germany a lot of postgraduate students do that. They are known as Privatdozenten. There could well be a similar tradition in the Netherlands.

I think you ought to begin to learn to read what is written sometime soon.


He wrote in one of the threads, in a reply to Speirthrower, that he was a historian from a university in Holland.

I never claimed that, at least no in the way he phrased it here. But I am a historian and am researching at the RUG.

Nevets wrote:
And he is also "illegally" claiming this online. People can contact him over research gate, thinking they are getting advice from an actual Historian from Groningen university. Money could also change hands, whos to say
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thomas_Eshuis

This is explained in my previous post.

Nevets wrote:But if he wants a job in the education system, he would be best advised to adopt an actual real Pseudonym for his escapist role playing games. Because whilst his behaviour might be accepted on here. It certainly will not be in real life.

Nothing but silly straw-manning.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30752
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#78  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 8:57 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:Since the university is closed for all but the most emergent issues, I doubt that Nevets got a reply. If he sent a complaint at all.


This stretched credibility even in normal times; I didn't even consider the closure due to the coronavirus! :doh: :lol:

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
As an aside, regarding ST's question how he would find out if someone is a member of faculty at the RUG.
The website lists them all, with their real name.


It was rhetorical - I was just bemused at the thought of him going through every single name - the effort, at least notionally, put into this little smear campaign.

Thomas Eshuis wrote:On a more positive note, my thanks for those who defended me, while I was asleep. :cheers:


It was as much a defense of reasonableness as of you personally. Nevets lied so many times while he was here, the idea that he'd pull this off was nearly as fantastical as some of his idiotic assertions:- the Angles were Norse, the first King of England was William the Conqueror. the Germanic languages originated in Scandinavia therefore Germans are actually Scandinavians. What a clueless numpty! :smoke:
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#79  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 17, 2020 8:59 am

I sense sockpuppetry incoming! Someone this 'motivated' doesn't give up so easily.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Germanic tribes, Celts and other Europeans

#80  Postby cyghost » Mar 17, 2020 9:07 am

Is there anything malicious to his claims? Or simply delusional?
cyghost
 
Posts: 280

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to History

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest