Nazi racial ideology was religious, creationist...

...and opposed to Darwinism.

Discussion and analysis of past events and their causes and effects.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Re: Nazi racial ideology was religious, creationist...

#21  Postby Zwaarddijk » Nov 18, 2011 11:51 am

Animavore wrote:Mentioned in the article and worth a read, the second famous anti-Semetic writing in history. Martin Luther's On the Jews and their Lies. Not one you hear much about.

Actually, it's existence is regularly mentioned in Lutheran sources in the developed world as a source of shame for lutheranism. So ...
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Animavore » Nov 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Zwaarddijk wrote:
Animavore wrote:Mentioned in the article and worth a read, the second famous anti-Semetic writing in history. Martin Luther's On the Jews and their Lies. Not one you hear much about.

Actually, it's existence is regularly mentioned in Lutheran sources in the developed world as a source of shame for lutheranism. So ...

And most of us are familiar with them?

:dunno:
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#23  Postby The_Metatron » Nov 18, 2011 1:56 pm

DoctorE wrote:Image

No further questions m'lud.
The_Metatron

Name: Jesse
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Zwaarddijk » Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

Animavore wrote:
Zwaarddijk wrote:

And most of us are familiar with them?

:dunno:

of course not, if you don't actually read the things where religious people learn about their faith. I'd wager more Lutherans do know about it than you think - and the same also goes for several other Christian movements. But why would you hear of it in other contexts?

These days, lots of people read the wikipedia article on any given topic to get a primer of it, and even the Wikipedia article on Martin Luther mentions his antisemitism. Lots of other introductory texts on him do as well. I think you not having come across it more is a case of you not really having read much about him, but assumed you know enough and left it at that, than it is a case of this fact being withheld from you. Facts aren't supposed to knock on your door, they're things you need to do some work to obtain.
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Animavore » Nov 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Well I don't know about your country but the whole Christian element of anti-Semitism was white-washed from our school (no surprise given the Catholic influence). I do think it should have been taught but it's simply not. And not just in Ireland, for all the ridiculously many WW2 documentaries when has there ever been one about the Nazis and Christianity? There is a logical link between On the Jews and their Lies and Mein Kampf as well as centuries of pogroms. The schools just told us Mein Kampf was a book on Hitler's life and Nazism was about Nationalism.
So yes, I do consider it a fact withheld from me. And it's no wonder Christians can say the amount of lies they do given the level of ignorance.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Zwaarddijk » Nov 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Animavore wrote:Well I don't know about your country but the whole Christian element of anti-Semitism was white-washed from our school (no surprise given the Catholic influence). I do think it should have been taught but it's simply not. And not just in Ireland, for all the ridiculously many WW2 documentaries when has there ever been one about the Nazis and Christianity? There is a logical link between On the Jews and their Lies and Mein Kampf as well as centuries of pogroms. The schools just told us Mein Kampf was a book on Hitler's life and Nazism was about Nationalism.
So yes, I do consider it a fact withheld from me. And it's no wonder Christians can say the amount of lies they do given the level of ignorance.

May I quote myself? "Facts aren't supposed to knock on your door, they're things you need to do some work to obtain."
Zwaarddijk

Male

Finland (fi)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Animavore » Nov 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Zwaarddijk wrote:
Animavore wrote:Well I don't know about your country but the whole Christian element of anti-Semitism was white-washed from our school (no surprise given the Catholic influence). I do think it should have been taught but it's simply not. And not just in Ireland, for all the ridiculously many WW2 documentaries when has there ever been one about the Nazis and Christianity? There is a logical link between On the Jews and their Lies and Mein Kampf as well as centuries of pogroms. The schools just told us Mein Kampf was a book on Hitler's life and Nazism was about Nationalism.

May I quote myself? "Facts aren't supposed to knock on your door, they're things you need to do some work to obtain."

I know what you said. I don't fully agree with it.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Calilasseia » Dec 31, 2011 1:00 am

Just out of curiosity, I decided to track down a copy of Lanz von Liebenfels' Theozoology, which is widely regarded by relevant historians as another contribution to Hitler's ideology. If anything, it's even more spaced out than Mein Kampf, which constitutes some sort of perverse achievement ...
Signature temporarily on hold until I can find a reliable image host ...
Calilasseia
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to History