Non-military invasions and conquests in history

Discussion and analysis of past events and their causes and effects.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#161  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 05, 2020 8:54 am

In Sitchu wrote:Spearthrower, I've already told you. Google is your friend. You could have looked it up, but of course you know best.


Yes, you already 'told me' to go perform tricks on command, and I didn't reply because the only thing to do was tell you to fuck off with that.

Regardless, I already pointed out that last year Greece accepted 40,000 asylum seekers, so your argument is bollocks.


In Sitchu wrote:WAR ZONE Greece deploys warships to Lesbos fearing migrant ‘invasion’ as Erdogan claims MILLIONS will flood into Europe.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11082281/ ... od-europe/


The Sun! :lol:

For all your appeals to Google, you've not really done any homework about this at all, have you?

For example, what is Turkey's role in this and what are their motivations? Is Greece really fearful of an 'invasion' of asylum seekers, or perhaps something else? Do you nuance? Do you detail? Or do you just Sun headlines?


In Sitchu wrote:By the way, why is the Turkish government so keen to have them enter Greece (from where many of them will no doubt move on to northern and western Europe)? Surely Turkey would benefit if they stayed where they are?

Don't you think?


Turkey's not 'keen' to do anything. The asylum seekers want to go to Europe, Turkey has been blocking them from doing so. Turkey now wants to force the EU's hand.

Why would Turkey benefit from them staying there, but Greece wouldn't benefit? Perhaps you can unpack that as I have a feeling it will expose a little more of your underbelly.


In Sitchu wrote:

And why is Erdogan saying that millions will flood into Europe? Do you know?


Yes, because Erdogan's playing a hand.


In Sitchu wrote:And if all those thousands of men are refugees, surely they should be in their own countries in the first place, where they're needed by their wives and children. It seems selfish to just up and leave. Immigration, no problem, but this appears to be something else.


1) They would hardly be leaving their country as refugees if they could just stay there - don't you understand the word even after Hermit explained it to you?
2) Thousands of men? I suppose I did ask you to blow your dogwhistle harder. There's families too.
3) Assumption they have wife and children they left at home.
4) Asylum seekers are selfish.
5) It "appears" to be something else? Sorry, there are no dogs here, you'll have to use words rather than tooting on your whistle.


In Sitchu wrote:https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=el&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.orthodoxianewsagency.gr%2Fepikairotita%2Feikones-thlipsis-kai-orgis-apo-ton-ai-giorgi-sti-moria%2F

https://www.orthodoxianewsagency.gr/epi ... sti-moria/

Again, my opinion is not set in stone, but it really is starting to look as though this is a non military invasion, based on the dictionary definition.



You're talking bullshit In Sitch and you were sadly pegged from the start: you've come to this forum to engage in extreme right wing hatred of Muslims.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#162  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 05, 2020 8:59 am

In Sitchu wrote:I'm not sure how one would consider immigration to be an invasion.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#163  Postby In Sitchu » Mar 05, 2020 10:56 am

Rather than trying to get into Greece, maybe they should demand that Erdogan let them stay in Turkey. Perhaps they could sell the idea on the basis of the potential economic benefits and cultural enrichment that they would bring.
User avatar
In Sitchu
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 36

Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#164  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 05, 2020 11:48 am

In Sitchu wrote:Rather than trying to get into Greece, maybe they should demand that Erdogan let them stay in Turkey. Perhaps they could sell the idea on the basis of the potential economic benefits and cultural enrichment that they would bring.


Spearthrower wrote:The asylum seekers want to go to Europe


That's why. Read much? I think we already understood that they are at the border because they want to enter Europe. Did you give up on "invasions"? Small wonder.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Fay Smask
Posts: 29222
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#165  Postby Hermit » Mar 05, 2020 12:00 pm

In Sitchu wrote:Rather than trying to get into Greece, maybe they should demand that Erdogan let them stay in Turkey. Perhaps they could sell the idea on the basis of the the potential economic benefits and cultural enrichment that they would bring.

O fuck.

Looks like you seriously intend to go through the racists' talking point step by step.

Having seemingly given the invasion canard (the Muzzies are surreptitiously (i.e. non-militarily), yet brazenly (look at the massive numbers of them!) invading our countries!) a break, you now seize upon the second-most popular attempt to malign refugees: Why don't they stop moving as soon as they have left their war-torn country?

Here's the news, buddy: The vast majority of refugees has done exactly that. The approximately 55 thousand Syrian refugees who have already "invaded" Greece and the estimated 5 thousand waiting to "invade" that country are hardly a drop compared to the number of refugees Syria's neighbouring countries have already absorbed. Turkey has 3.6 million of them, tiny Lebanon, which is still not recovered from its own decade long civil war, has 2.2 million, and Jordan hosts 1.3 million. Added to that are millions of Syrians refugees who have not even left their own country. They have simply moved to areas that are not currently having the fuck bombed out of them. Unfortunately those relatively peaceful regions of Syria are now filled beyond their carrying capacity. They cannot absorb more.

So, my racist Islamophobe, now that your argument concerning the "non-military invasion" of Greece fails again, this time on the basis of scale, what will your next bullshit talking point be? #3 is usually the uncivilised and inhumane doctrine of the Muslim religion the "invaders" bring along and seek to impose via Sharia on western cultures. It's the "Great Replacement" crap warmed up yet again. How many more times will we have to hear and debunk it? Please don't try that one out on us. We have dealt with it so often, it's gone well past tedious.

And stop your "my opinion is not set in stone" pretence. There is not the slightest hint of even a microscopically small change of mind since you have started this thread a week ago, despite the fact that it includes 130 posts containing counterarguments to your crap. Your mind is truly petrified and you have no intention at all to change anything in it.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Posts: 3570
Age: 66
Male

Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#166  Postby In Sitchu » Mar 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
In Sitchu wrote:Rather than trying to get into Greece, maybe they should demand that Erdogan let them stay in Turkey. Perhaps they could sell the idea on the basis of the potential economic benefits and cultural enrichment that they would bring.


Spearthrower wrote:The asylum seekers want to go to Europe


That's why. Read much? I think we already understood that they are at the border because they want to enter Europe. Did you give up on "invasions"? Small wonder.


So what. We don't always get what we want, just because we feel like it.

Why are they so keen on getting into Greece anyway? What's wrong with Turkey? It's a big, sunny country with a culture that they'll no doubt fit into far quicker than they would in any European country, and Turkey shares their religion too so that would make things go more smoothly for them. Or how about Egypt, Morocco, Saudi, there are load of countries where they would integrate well. Why don't those countries take them in?

Don't you find it strange how keen they are to get into countries where they're not wanted and where the culture is so different to theirs? Do you think there could be some other reason? Do you think they might want to make their way to northern and western europe?

If they want to get into Europe they should at least convince native europeans why they should let them in. The way it looks, they're just trying to take over. Smashing up greek churches isn't really helping the narrative. Turkey is using economic migrants as weapons.

Again, my opinion isn't set in stone I'm just saying how it looks. I'd be happy to change my mind but I've not heard any convincing arguments.
User avatar
In Sitchu
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 36

Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#167  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 05, 2020 12:08 pm

In Sitchu wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
In Sitchu wrote:Rather than trying to get into Greece, maybe they should demand that Erdogan let them stay in Turkey. Perhaps they could sell the idea on the basis of the potential economic benefits and cultural enrichment that they would bring.


Spearthrower wrote:The asylum seekers want to go to Europe


That's why. Read much? I think we already understood that they are at the border because they want to enter Europe. Did you give up on "invasions"? Small wonder.


So what. We don't always get what we want, just because we feel like it.

Why are they so keen on getting into Greece anyway? What's wrong with Turkey? It's a big, sunny country with a culture that they'll no doubt fit into far quicker than they would in any European country, and Turkey shares their religion too so that would make things go more smoothly for them. Or how about Egypt, Morocco, Saudi, there are load of countries where they would integrate well. Why don't those countries take them in?

Don't you find it strange how keen they are to get into countries where they're not wanted and where the culture is so different to theirs? Do you think there could be some other reason? Do you think they might want to make their way to northern and western europe?

If they want to get into Europe they should at least convince native europeans why they should let them in. The way it looks, they're just trying to take over. Smashing up greek churches isn't really helping the narrative. Turkey is using economic migrants as weapons.

Again, my opinion isn't set in stone I'm just saying how it looks. I'd be happy to change my mind but I've not heard any convincing arguments.


I don't care if you change your mind or not. If you find some people who agree with you and have the opportunity to fulminate with them, you won't have to peddle your racist xenophobe rants here. What's the matter? Are you craving diversity?

Turkey shares their religion too


See, that's how we know you're specifically focused on Islam.

We don't always get what we want, just because we feel like it.


For the time being, it looks like you don't, either. Cry me a river.

Don't you find it strange how keen they are to get into countries where they're not wanted


What's not wanted is uncontrolled, undocumented migration. Your obsession is with culture, yet many parts of the EU are far more culturally diverse than you give credit for. Maybe that's just your racist, xenophobe problem.

In Sitchu wrote:The way it looks, they're just trying to take over. Smashing up greek churches isn't really helping the narrative. Turkey is using economic migrants as weapons.


Are you a Greek national and an adherent to Greek Orthodox religion? If not, shut the fuck up about something you're not really prepared to discuss in detail.
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Mar 05, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Fay Smask
Posts: 29222
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#168  Postby In Sitchu » Mar 05, 2020 12:15 pm

Whenever you say or hint that I'm racist, I feel nothing. It doesn't have any effect on me. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest. You could call me it all day and I wouldn't care. Anyway there's nothing wrong with maintaining a culture. Culture good. Culture nice.
User avatar
In Sitchu
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 36

Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#169  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 05, 2020 12:22 pm

In Sitchu wrote:Whenever you say or hint that I'm racist, I feel nothing. It doesn't have any effect on me. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest. You could call me it all day and I wouldn't care. Anyway there's nothing wrong with maintaining a culture. Culture good. Culture nice.


If you're not having any trouble maintaining your culture, what's your issue? If you are, maybe your culture is fucked.

I don't expect you to feel anything when somebody suspects or has the conviction that your remarks are racist, especially if you really do have racist inclinations. Racism is not a mark of sensitivity to contrary opinion.

In Sitchu wrote:I'd be happy to change my mind


LOL
Last edited by Cito di Pense on Mar 05, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Fay Smask
Posts: 29222
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#170  Postby In Sitchu » Mar 05, 2020 12:31 pm

Cito di Pense wrote:
In Sitchu wrote:Whenever you say or hint that I'm racist, I feel nothing. It doesn't have any effect on me. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest. You could call me it all day and I wouldn't care. Anyway there's nothing wrong with maintaining a culture. Culture good. Culture nice.


If you're not having any trouble maintaining your culture, what's your issue? If you are, maybe your culture is fucked.


That's impossible. No culture is fucked. All cultures are equal and interchangeable, didn't they tell you?
User avatar
In Sitchu
Banned Sockpuppet
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 36

Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#171  Postby Cito di Pense » Mar 05, 2020 12:33 pm

In Sitchu wrote:
Cito di Pense wrote:
In Sitchu wrote:Whenever you say or hint that I'm racist, I feel nothing. It doesn't have any effect on me. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest. You could call me it all day and I wouldn't care. Anyway there's nothing wrong with maintaining a culture. Culture good. Culture nice.


If you're not having any trouble maintaining your culture, what's your issue? If you are, maybe your culture is fucked.


That's impossible. No culture is fucked. All cultures are equal and interchangeable, didn't they tell you?


They don't all have staying power, In Sitchu. That's what "fucked" means. If yours had staying power, why would you be ranting about "invasions", here?

Do you know Latin, In Sitchu? Is that legacy of Roman culture important to you? Don't you understand that as long as you can use a term like "in sitchu", Roman culture is not dead? Or did you just hear something that sounded to you like "in sitchu" and decide to use that spelling as your online ID? Given your position, I'd say we should discuss your sitchu asian.
Хлопнут без некролога. -- Серге́й Па́влович Королёв

Translation by Elbert Hubbard: Do not take life too seriously. You're not going to get out of it alive.
User avatar
Cito di Pense
 
Name: Fay Smask
Posts: 29222
Age: 23
Male

Country: The Heartland
Mongolia (mn)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#172  Postby tuco » Mar 05, 2020 2:32 pm

If you were honest from the beginning, In Sitchu, and I can understand why you were not, I would be willing to debate what seems to concern you. However, you lost all credibility.

It is too bad because I do consider it an interesting and important topic and it's not easy to find a rational debate over it. It's partly due to the complexity of the issue and partly because of the emotions it evokes.
tuco
 
Posts: 15450

Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#173  Postby Svartalf » Mar 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
In Sitchu wrote:I'm not sure how one would consider immigration to be an invasion.

Well, I am.
PC stands for Patronizing Cocksucker Randy Ping

Embrace the Dark Side, it needs a hug
User avatar
Svartalf
 
Posts: 1917
Age: 50
Male

Country: France
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#174  Postby Fallible » Mar 05, 2020 4:29 pm

Of course you are.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50741
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#175  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Mar 05, 2020 6:26 pm

In Sitchu wrote:Whenever you say or hint that I'm racist, I feel nothing. It doesn't have any effect on me. It really doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Not surprised you're missing the point.... :roll:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30752
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#176  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 05, 2020 6:40 pm

In Sitchu wrote:Rather than trying to get into Greece, maybe they should demand that Erdogan let them stay in Turkey. Perhaps they could sell the idea on the basis of the potential economic benefits and cultural enrichment that they would bring.



You know, only dogs are supposed to be able to hear it.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#177  Postby Spearthrower » Mar 05, 2020 6:41 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
In Sitchu wrote:I'm not sure how one would consider immigration to be an invasion.

Well, I am.



Yes, of course you are because you routinely take outright racist positions on political and cultural issues.

In other news; water is wet.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27415
Age: 44
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#178  Postby Ironclad » Mar 05, 2020 9:14 pm

The north of Cyprus? Would that count? Following the actual military invasion the island filled with Turkish civilians who presumably believe they are home. :dunno:
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 23435
Age: 51
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#179  Postby OlivierK » Mar 05, 2020 10:06 pm

Ironclad wrote:The north of Cyprus? Would that count? Following the actual military invasion the island filled with Turkish civilians who presumably believe they are home. :dunno:

You've answered your own question.

Besides, it's pretty clear that the topic isn't actually about whether non-military invasions are possible, but in fact about the standard "OMG, Europe will become a caliphate by stealth!!1!" bollocks that anyone could just as easily get at any far-right website of their choosing, should they desire it. If not, then no need to participate in the same conversation here, because how this goes down from here is entirely predictable, as many have demonstrated by correctly predicting how it's gone down so far.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9462
Age: 53
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Non-military invasions and conquests in history

#180  Postby Fallible » Mar 06, 2020 8:18 am

Aww, he got splatted.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50741
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to History

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest