Afterlife speculations

Split from Sarah Haider thread

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Afterlife speculations

#201  Postby Shrunk » May 06, 2017 11:48 am

Dark energy wrote:I Believe in Moderation

Then listen to the Moderators and stop preaching. :)

fun fact,majority of scientific breakthroughs were discovered by theists. It is only in the last few decades that being an Atheist become a cool thing.

So what? The majority of oxygen molecules have also been breathed in by theists. That doesn't mean you can only breathe if you believe in God.

Regardless, even if atheism is now the "cool thing" 8-) , most people still believe in God. However, the large majority of elite scientists are atheists. So put on your thinking cap and figure out what that tells us about the correlation between scientific knowledge and belief in a god.

anyway,it was a mistake on my part to call you militant but still militant athiests are a reality, you may or might not agree with them.

Are you still relying on Urban Dictionary as your source for that? If not, give us examples of some of these "militant atheists."
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#202  Postby monkeyboy » May 06, 2017 11:52 am

Matthew Shute wrote:
Dark energy wrote:in real life,islam complements my life and i hate those who take it too far ,distort it,make us look bad and do objectionable things on our behalf.

Along with having sex with a nine year old, raiding caravans, and murdering Jews, the would-be prophet Muhammad hated visual art and destroyed statues that he considered to be idols. In his monotheistic fanaticism, he was a barbaric destroyer of culture, too. Who do you suppose these depraved cretins think they're emulating, here?

I'll let one of my favourite counter-apologists inform you.

So when you talk about the Islamists who "take things too far" and make Islam look bad, do you include Muhammad in that?

Don't misunderstand. Muhammad doesn't make you look bad, he only makes himself and his hateful ideology look bad. You only make yourself look bad if you endorse and praise him, knowing the horrendous example he set. If you don't know about the example he set, but you pontificate about it anyway, you merely make yourself look like an ignorant loudmouth.

:this: :clap:
Last edited by monkeyboy on May 06, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#203  Postby monkeyboy » May 06, 2017 11:52 am

Stupid double post
Last edited by monkeyboy on May 06, 2017 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bible is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#204  Postby Shrunk » May 06, 2017 11:53 am

Dark energy wrote:
BlackBart wrote:
Dark energy wrote:
How about the towers supporting heaven? The pool where the sun goes?

the pool thing is metaphor

A metaphor for what?

it describes a specific scene.

So it's not a metaphor? :eh:

Do you need an explanation of what a "metaphor" actually is? If your argument is "It's a metaphor", an understanding of the concept "metaphor" would seem to be a minimum requirement.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#205  Postby Shrunk » May 06, 2017 12:25 pm

Matthew Shute wrote:The Masked Arab has debunked every bit of silly hand-waving apologia about this, in his video on the topic (mostly from 11:39 onward):

This motherfucker. Knows. His. Shit. :thumbup:
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#206  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 06, 2017 5:31 pm

He is very good.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Sarah Haider

#207  Postby DavidMcC » May 06, 2017 7:13 pm

monkeyboy wrote:
Dark energy wrote:hardly,since their actions contradict the teachings of islam which is not to harm innocent people.

And yet very devout Muslims engage in jihad, which is supported in the Quran. Go figure

True, but the Arabic word, "jihad" does not mean "violent struggle". Rather, it means any kind of struggle, and that struggle can just as well be an intellectual one, rather than a violent one.
May The Voice be with you!
DavidMcC

Name: David McCulloch
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#208  Postby Dark energy » May 06, 2017 7:20 pm

i am waiting where does it say the pillars are kind of supporting heaven . what a muslim hating troll.
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#209  Postby Shrunk » May 06, 2017 11:23 pm

Dark energy wrote:i am waiting where does it say the pillars are kind of supporting heaven . what a muslim hating troll.

Well, while you're waiting you can address some of the unanswered questions that have been asked of you. MIght as well make use of your time.
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#210  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 06, 2017 11:39 pm

Dark energy wrote:i am waiting where does it say the pillars are kind of supporting heaven . what a muslim hating troll.

Steady on there buster I am not a troll. You have not found them yet. The carpet of the earth? Of course I hate islam. It has not right exit. It is the lowest of low. A woman is worth less than a donkey. You need four women as witnesses for rape and yet the woman is stoned to death. Please cant you see what your imbecile faith of goat fuckers really is. A fifty year old man can marry a ten year old girl and screw her. Islam makes me sick.

Enjoy you ....
[Reveal] NOT SAFE FOR WORK / EXPLICIT CONTENT

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#211  Postby Dark energy » May 07, 2017 11:28 am

you haven't provided anything. save me the worthless diatribe.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#212  Postby Dark energy » May 07, 2017 11:33 am

Who do you suppose these depraved cretins think they're emulating, here

i do think they are misguided people and are not representitive of anyone.Does KKK clan represent the majority of christians? no.

So when you talk about the Islamists who "take things too far" and make Islam look bad, do you include Muhammad in that?

#I dont include him and i have my reasons,i dont need to explain anything to you about MO.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#213  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 07, 2017 11:39 am

Dark energy wrote:you haven't provided anything. save me the worthless diatribe.

Worthless is what a woman is in islam. She was being stoned because she was raped. Not the perpetrator because that what it says in your shit of a book.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#214  Postby monkeyboy » May 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Dark energy wrote:

i do think they are misguided people and are not representitive of anyone.Does KKK clan represent the majority of christians? no.

Read it properly. It didn't say representing, it said emulating. That means who do you think they are trying to be like? The ISIS clowns are doing what it is reported Mohamed did, by destroying statues and artefacts they consider to be false idols.

#I dont include him and i have my reasons,i dont need to explain anything to you about MO.

I guess those reasons involve a shit ton of cognitive dissonance. Sure you don't need to explain anything, unless you're going to actually finally engage in something other than posting assertions you can't support and ducking answering questions.

It's pretty clear you have no intention of challenging you entrenched ideas about your imaginary deity and his murderous, paedophile "prophet". You also seem to have no intention of engaging in any two way dialogue. What are you doing here?
Mark Twain
monkeyboy

Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

#215  Postby laklak » May 07, 2017 2:26 pm

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#216  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 07, 2017 2:30 pm

:lol: but very true.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#217  Postby laklak » May 07, 2017 2:36 pm

It's obvious from the picture who has the most fun. Fags, coffee, and Johnny Walker Red FTW.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#218  Postby Matthew Shute » May 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Dark energy wrote:

i do think they are misguided people and are not representitive of anyone.

I didn't ask you who they represent. They just represent themselves and their verminous cult. I asked you (rhetorically, since we both know you have no intention of being honest about this) to name the individual these barbarians are trying to emulate.

Does KKK clan represent the majority of christians? no.

Sure, but where did I say ISIS members represent the majority of Muslims? Answer: nowhere.

Nevertheless, in smashing Syria's treasured cultural heritage to dust, these criminals are indeed following the example of Muhammad, at least according to Islamic sources. It's a good job that the majority of Muslims don't try to act much like Muhammad. If they did, they would be violent Islamists with child brides, bent on spreading a theocracy and reducing the world's "idols" (it's visual art, lifelike sculptures, and so on) to fragments.

I rest my case.
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#219  Postby BlackBart » May 07, 2017 5:47 pm

laklak wrote:It's obvious from the picture who has the most fun. Fags, coffee, and Johnny Walker Red FTW.

Well, I'm pretty sure Moslems are allowed coffee ... funny though... you'd think a God who loved his creations would have explicitly mentioned to Mo The Nonce how harmful tobacco is... Why, it's almost as if he'd never heard of it! :ask:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
BlackBart

Name: rotten bart
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#220  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 07, 2017 6:03 pm

BlackBart wrote:
laklak wrote:It's obvious from the picture who has the most fun. Fags, coffee, and Johnny Walker Red FTW.

Well, I'm pretty sure Moslems are allowed coffee ... funny though... you'd think a God who loved his creations would have explicitly mentioned to Mo The Nonce how harmful tobacco is... Why, it's almost as if he'd never heard of it! :ask:

Nope only sweet tea and goats milk.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam