Allah

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Allah

#81  Postby Arnold Layne » Mar 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Keep It Real wrote:Psychopaths are missing a fundamental component of what it is to be a fully formed human being. No controversy there.

Empathy.
I'm a Pixiist
User avatar
Arnold Layne
 
Posts: 2711

Country: France
France (fr)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Allah

#82  Postby Matt_B » Mar 27, 2017 9:42 pm

Corneel wrote:
Ironclad wrote:What's "atheism rewarded"?

That's when there is a God, but he's utterly aware that he didn't leave the slightest bit of evidence for his existence and accepts that atheism is the reasonable position and so you get a reward for that.


Yeah, if someone's going to push the idea that their god is enough of a capricious bastard to reward true believers and punish atheists it's at least worth pointing out that the reverse is a possibility in a Pascal's Wager scenario, even if they'd be unlikely to entertain it generally.
User avatar
Matt_B
 
Posts: 4579
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#83  Postby Ironclad » Mar 27, 2017 10:44 pm

I hope it's the god of shits n giggles
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 23258
Age: 51
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#84  Postby Corneel » Mar 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Ironclad wrote:I hope it's the god of shits n giggles

It's more probably the Oh God of Hangovers.
"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
User avatar
Corneel
 
Posts: 1754
Age: 48
Male

Country: Mali
Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#85  Postby Dark energy » Mar 28, 2017 4:06 am

atheists have weird understanding of allah,like thinking of allah as a pagan moon god where as the literal translation of allah means THE GOD.
And."
Dark energy
 
Name: dark energy
Posts: 422

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#86  Postby zulumoose » Mar 28, 2017 6:16 am

To Christians, who have modernised and rationalised their god concept to shoehorn it in with the first world countries of today, other god concepts seem primitive and backward. Christianity has succumbed to the pressures of the modern world and had to dilute and reinvent itself over and over.

It is rather ironic that the reason they view other religions as primitive is that other religions have not become almost unrecognisable distortions of their former selves, ignoring large parts of their core texts, wheras Christianity has done exactly that.

How can an objective view see this as anything other than two different approaches to the same problem, the core texts of religion are increasingly incompatible with our modern understanding of reality. The two approaches are basically to either bury your head in the sand and pretend nothing is wrong or distort your dogma so it is a garbled version of its former self, and pretend nothing is wrong.

The third alternative is to recognise reality, and see how the supposedly divinely inspired and perfect texts are obviously no more than a product of their times, not of their god.
User avatar
zulumoose
 
Posts: 3601

Country: South Africa
South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#87  Postby Alan B » Mar 28, 2017 9:36 am

In one brain cell and out the other...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9782
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Allah

#88  Postby Scot Dutchy » Mar 28, 2017 10:12 am

You mean they have more than one. :lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#89  Postby NineBerry » Mar 28, 2017 11:08 am

Dark energy wrote:atheists have weird understanding of allah,like thinking of allah as a pagan moon god where as the literal translation of allah means THE GOD.


The idea that Allah was originally a pagan Moon god is mostly spread among fundamentalist Christians.
User avatar
NineBerry
RS Donator
 
Posts: 5949
Age: 41
Male

Country: nSk
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#90  Postby Oeditor » Mar 28, 2017 4:32 pm

NineBerry wrote:
Dark energy wrote:atheists have weird understanding of allah,like thinking of allah as a pagan moon god where as the literal translation of allah means THE GOD.


The idea that Allah was originally a pagan Moon god is mostly spread among fundamentalist Christians.
That doesn't necessarily invalidate it.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor
 
Posts: 4581
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#91  Postby Alan B » Mar 28, 2017 7:10 pm

Dark energy wrote:atheists have weird understanding of allah,like thinking of allah as a pagan moon god where as the literal translation of allah means THE GOD.

No, we do not have a 'weird' understanding of Allah.

We are told by theists that God and Allah are different names for the same Abrahamic God. The fact that we have a non-belief in the existence of this 'god', is irrelevant to, er, 'understanding'.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9782
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#92  Postby Dark energy » Mar 29, 2017 10:58 pm

Alan B wrote:
Dark energy wrote:atheists have weird understanding of allah,like thinking of allah as a pagan moon god where as the literal translation of allah means THE GOD.

No, we do not have a 'weird' understanding of Allah.

We are told by theists that God and Allah are different names for the same Abrahamic God. The fact that we have a non-belief in the existence of this 'god', is irrelevant to, er, 'understanding'.


Hear hear,you made your point,stop parroting it.
And."
Dark energy
 
Name: dark energy
Posts: 422

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#93  Postby Ironclad » Mar 30, 2017 8:30 am

I suspect that whoever decided to make Allah an Abrahamic god is hated nowadays. ...they can't wash the Jewishness away, ever. ;)
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
User avatar
Ironclad
RS Donator
 
Name: Nudge-Nudge
Posts: 23258
Age: 51
Male

Country: Wink-Wink
Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#94  Postby Fallible » Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am

Dark energy wrote:
Alan B wrote:
Dark energy wrote:atheists have weird understanding of allah,like thinking of allah as a pagan moon god where as the literal translation of allah means THE GOD.

No, we do not have a 'weird' understanding of Allah.

We are told by theists that God and Allah are different names for the same Abrahamic God. The fact that we have a non-belief in the existence of this 'god', is irrelevant to, er, 'understanding'.


Hear hear,you made your point,stop parroting it.


'Hear hear' means you agree. Is that what you wanted to communicate? What makes you think you can tell other people what to say? You illustrate the double standards common in the behaviour of theists, though - others can't 'parrot' but you can keep on droning to your heart's content, apparently.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50456
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#95  Postby Dark energy » Mar 31, 2017 7:47 pm

No,i am not allowed to say certain stuff because it will sound preachy while atheists are allowed to take the piss.
And."
Dark energy
 
Name: dark energy
Posts: 422

Country: USA
United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Allah

#96  Postby Fallible » Mar 31, 2017 7:52 pm

Everyone's allowed to take the piss, stop whining.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 50456
Age: 47
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Allah

#97  Postby Alan B » Mar 31, 2017 8:02 pm

Dark Energy

You can take the piss as much as you like of what is posted as long as you don't insult the poster.

What atheists don't do, is preach atheism. It isn't necessary.

What atheists do do is to continually ask theists to provide evidence of their deity. Nothing else - besides taking the piss, that is. :whistle:
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9782
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest