Apology as bus driver prays by Portsmouth road

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Apology as bus driver prays by Portsmouth road

#1  Postby DougC » Oct 14, 2016 3:38 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-37643714

B.B.C. Article
A bus company has apologised after a school complained about a coach driver stopping to pray on a main road.
Parents of about 50 pupils from Meon Junior School told the Portsmouth News they were "furious" the Vision Travel bus had stopped on Eastern Road.
The pupils and staff were returning from a school trip to London when the Muslim driver began using a prayer mat on the roadside.

(Continues)
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Apology as bus driver prays by Portsmouth road

#2  Postby LucidFlight » Oct 14, 2016 8:25 am

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Blackadder » Oct 14, 2016 8:27 am

Fire him. He's paid to drive a bus, not sniff carpets. Pray on your own time or go find a job where it doesn't disrupt your customers. Wanker.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Oct 14, 2016 8:52 am

Blackadder wrote:Fire him. He's paid to drive a bus, not sniff carpets. Pray on your own time or go find a job where it doesn't disrupt your customers. Wanker.

:this: What kind of idiotic version of Islam does he adhere to that he as to pray right then and there?
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Blackadder » Oct 14, 2016 9:57 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Blackadder wrote:Fire him. He's paid to drive a bus, not sniff carpets. Pray on your own time or go find a job where it doesn't disrupt your customers. Wanker.

:this: What kind of idiotic version of Islam does he adhere to that he as to pray right then and there?

The five daily prayers have to be done at specific times and some of them have a short time window. Then there is a fundamentalist viewpoint that missing prayers is one of the greatest sins you can commit (I know :roll: ). So those people will stop whatever they are doing in order to pray. That's fine, if you believe that shit. But don't then take a job which prevents you from doing that and then think you can just make up your own rules for it.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#6  Postby I'm With Stupid » Oct 14, 2016 10:06 am

Blackadder wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

The five daily prayers have to be done at specific times and some of them have a short time window. Then there is a fundamentalist viewpoint that missing prayers is one of the greatest sins you can commit (I know :roll: ). So those people will stop whatever they are doing in order to pray. That's fine, if you believe that shit. But don't then take a job which prevents you from doing that and then think you can just make up your own rules for it.

I live in a Muslim country and everything doesn't stop at prayer time, nor is our work schedule...erm...scheduled around prayer times, so I assume that either most people don't actually adhere, or that they are allowed a certain amount of flexibility when they do it. I've taught plenty of lessons when the call to prayer was happening and not once has a student asked to be excused.
I'm With Stupid

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Blackadder » Oct 14, 2016 10:14 am

I'm With Stupid wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
Thomas Eshuis wrote:

I live in a Muslim country and everything doesn't stop at prayer time, nor is our work schedule...erm...scheduled around prayer times, so I assume that either most people don't actually adhere, or that they are allowed a certain amount of flexibility when they do it. I've taught plenty of lessons when the call to prayer was happening and not once has a student asked to be excused.

Precisely. As I said, the mindset that everything must stop for prayers is a fundamentalist one. Most muslims ignore it. The one country where it prevails is that bastion of enlightenment and religious freedom, Saudi Arabia. The greatest tragedy of the post Industrial Age is that those cunts sit on so much oil. They've infested the whole world with their brand of Islam. Which is why a bus driver in Portsmouth is behaving like a backward fucking Bedouin.
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby jamest » Oct 14, 2016 3:31 pm

If he was stuck in a traffic jam the prayers are understandable. Fuggin hate traffic jams.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Return to Islam