Cameron Supports Banning of Veils in Schools

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Cameron Supports Banning of Veils in Schools

#1  Postby Alan B » Jan 19, 2016 10:18 am

Independent
David Cameron supports removal of Muslim veils in schools

David Cameron has said he will back the right of schools, courts and other UK institutions to ban Muslim women from wearing veils.

The Prime Minister said he would support "proper and sensible rules" from public authorities, which may require people to show their faces in some circumstances.

Mr Cameron made the comments as he announced a number of new measures aiming to tackle radicalisation and segregation in British Muslim communities.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4 on Monday, the Prime Minister said: “I think in our country people should be free to wear what they like and, within limits, live how they like and all the rest of it.

“When coming into contact with an institution or you’re in court, or if you need to be able to see someone’s face at the border, then I will always back the authority and institution that have put in place proper and sensible rules.”

Wait for it...
The Islamists will be up on their hind legs claiming 'religious interference'.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Cameron Supports Banning of Veils in Schools

#2  Postby Oeditor » Jan 19, 2016 1:10 pm

Cameron's latest pronouncements have already raised a hail of flak. Some say counterproductive flak and I wouldn't bank on it helping matters.
http://www.secularism.org.uk/blog/2016/01/david-cameron-is-absolutely-right-to-raise-the-integration-of-muslim-women
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Cameron Supports Banning of Veils in Schools

#3  Postby quisquose » Jan 19, 2016 1:39 pm

The Prime Minister said he would support "proper and sensible rules" from public authorities, which may require people to show their faces in some circumstances.
Speaking to BBC Radio 4 on Monday, the Prime Minister said: “I think in our country people should be free to wear what they like and, within limits, live how they like and all the rest of it.
“When coming into contact with an institution or you’re in court, or if you need to be able to see someone’s face at the border, then I will always back the authority and institution that have put in place proper and sensible rules.”

So not a ban on veils then.

Following the link to the National Secular Society article posted above above by Oeditor, this is just another misleading headline in The Independant.
quisquose
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

Return to Islam