Interesting stuff about Quran

interesting general knowledge

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Interesting stuff about Quran

#21  Postby Dark energy » Apr 03, 2017 2:34 pm

Guys this is a harmless thread,general stuff.
And."
Dark energy

Name: dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby SafeAsMilk » Apr 03, 2017 2:39 pm

You may as well be posting interesting facts about the Easter bunny (which all turn out to be false). Nobody here is interested, take it to a Quran site.
Yes, a mighty hot dog is our Lord!
SafeAsMilk

Name: Makes Fails
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#23  Postby Dark energy » Apr 03, 2017 2:46 pm

zulumoose wrote:So there is (if true) another curious coincidence in a religious text. What can we learn from this?

Anything?

this is funny.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Sendraks » Apr 03, 2017 3:17 pm

Dark energy wrote:
math wasn't a cup of tea for the fairer sex . :lol:

Whilst descending into sexist fuckwittery was always a strong game for religious types the world over.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#25  Postby Fallible » Apr 03, 2017 4:16 pm

Dark energy wrote:
Fallible wrote:
Dark energy wrote:I am not really found of creating new threads.but i found some interesting general knowledge about The holy Quran

You didn't.

math wasn't a cup of tea for the fairer sex . :lol:

Take your pathetic sexism and shove it up your arse. This isn't maths, it's imbecilic wibblings about words in the Qur'an. Erroneous imbecilic wibblings about words in the Qur'an.
John Grant wrote:They say 'let go, let go, let go, you must learn to let go'.
If I hear that fucking phrase again, this baby's gonna blow
Into a million itsy bitsy tiny pieces, don't you know,
Just like my favourite scene in Scanners .
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Matthew Shute » Apr 03, 2017 4:45 pm

It's the kind of "maths" that belongs in the Unbelievable Mathematics thread.
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

#27  Postby laklak » Apr 03, 2017 4:50 pm

There are many things I'd like to know about the Quran. For example, do they print it on paper that you can roll a blunt out of? Gideon Bibles make excellent emergency Rizlas, if the Quran doesn't then it's definitely an inferior book. Unless it makes decent toilet paper, Gideons don't make particularly good toilet paper. Not absorbent enough, just sort of smears it around and leave skid marks in my jocks.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Blackadder » Apr 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Dark energy wrote:I am not really fond of creating new threads.but i found some interesting general knowledge about The holy Quran

- the singular word for "day" (Yaum) is mentioned 365 times.
- the plural word for "day" (also "Yaum") is mentioned 30 times.
- the word "month" (Syahr) is mentioned 12 times.
- the word "week" is mentioned 7 times.
- the secret of number 19 in Quran (google it. There are various interesting subject about the numerology of 19 in Quran

This is like a cheap copy of The Bible Code. Not only is it incorrect, but even it were correct, it would prove precisely nothing, just as the Bible Code proves precisely nothing.

If you want really interesting stuff about the Quran, consider the fact that every single claim made by its swivel-eyed adherents about its scientific foreknowledge have been thoroughly debunked. Every. Single. One.

Consider also that the ridiculous claims made by its swivel-eyed adherents about its unchanging provenance all the way back to the prophet Mo are a load of bunkum. There have been many versions of the Quran and even today there is more than one version in current use.

That's about all that's interesting about the Quran. Other than the above, it's tedious, incoherent, half-plagiarised crap. By comparison, the Book of Mormon, which is intellectual toilet paper, is utterly superior. Not a good result for the Religion of Peace, there.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Dark energy » Apr 03, 2017 5:58 pm

do share with us those versions and if you can provide digital copy it will help.

thanks
Last edited by Dark energy on Apr 03, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Fallible » Apr 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Blackadder doesn't need to do anything for 'us'. You're on your own.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Dark energy » Apr 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Fallible wrote:Blackadder doesn't need to do anything for 'us'. You're on your own.

i thought evidence was required to back up ones claim.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Fallible » Apr 03, 2017 6:15 pm

He's not trying to present a claim to all of us, we're all of the same mind in this regard. You're the only one who thinks there's anything there that needs backing up.
Fallible
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Blackadder » Apr 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Dark energy wrote:do share with us those versions and if you can provide digital copy it will help.

thanks

At least 7 Ah'ruf and 10 Qira'at are recognised by Islamic scholars. Moreover, as Caliph Uthman had the "incompatible" codexes destroyed, the chain of undisputed linkage back to the prophet was destroyed with them.

And you can look up the differences between the Hafs version of the Quran and the Warsh version, both in current usage and containing 1,354 differences between them. Want a digital copy? Go find it yourself.

None of which detracts from the main point of this thesis, which is that the Quran is a manual for a 7th Century barbarian and looter with the good bits stolen from other scripture and the bad bits as original work.
That credulity should be gross in proportion to the ignorance of the mind that it enslaves, is in strict consistency with the principle of human nature. - Percy Bysshe Shelley
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Dark energy » Apr 03, 2017 7:20 pm

Thanks for the clarification.It seemed like i was not well versed with haf and warsh versions which is not the same as the multiple versions of the bible we see today.

so you know Qirat means readings.These differences are in spellings and pronunciation and not the original message.

Still not convinced.
And."
Dark energy

United States (us)
Print view this post

#35  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Apr 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Dark energy wrote:
Fallible wrote:Blackadder doesn't need to do anything for 'us'. You're on your own.

i thought evidence was required to back up ones claim.

You cannot demand evidence when you provide none yourself.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#36  Postby Pebble » Apr 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Perhaps the most interesting thing about the quran would be an estimate of whether it or the bible has been the inspiration for more deaths, forced conversions, misogyny, slavery and economic misery?
Pebble

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#37  Postby Blackadder » Apr 03, 2017 8:49 pm

Dark energy wrote:Thanks for the clarification.It seemed like i was not well versed with haf and warsh versions which is not the same as the multiple versions of the bible we see today.

so you know Qirat means readings.These differences are in spellings and pronunciation and not the original message.

Still not convinced.

I know the difference between ah'ruf and qira'at. I also know that when a muslim sits in front of me and tells me that the Quran today is exactly as it was revealed 1400 years ago and has not changed one jot, he is either lying or ignorant of the origins of the Quran.

Frankly, this is an idiotic argument in the first place, since both the Bible and the Quran are collections of fairy stories, and whether they have been altered or not is irrelevant. Original fairy stories are no better than edited ones. It's bullshit all the way down.
Blackadder
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#38  Postby crank » Apr 04, 2017 2:45 am

Blackadder wrote:
Dark energy wrote:do share with us those versions and if you can provide digital copy it will help.

thanks

At least 7 Ah'ruf and 10 Qira'at are recognised by Islamic scholars. Moreover, as Caliph Uthman had the "incompatible" codexes destroyed, the chain of undisputed linkage back to the prophet was destroyed with them.

And you can look up the differences between the Hafs version of the Quran and the Warsh version, both in current usage and containing 1,354 differences between them. Want a digital copy? Go find it yourself.

None of which detracts from the main point of this thesis, which is that the Quran is a manual for a 7th Century barbarian and looter with the good bits stolen from other scripture and the bad bits as original work.

The 'Warsh' version? Do they also have problems with people pronouncing 'wash' as 'warsh'?
“When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. If you're born in America you get a front row seat.”
-George Carlin, who died 2008. Ha, now we have human centipedes running the place
crank
RS Donator

Name: Sick & Tired
Male

Pitcairn (pn)
Print view this post

#39  Postby Manticore » Apr 04, 2017 5:38 am

laklak wrote: Unless it makes decent toilet paper, Gideons don't make particularly good toilet paper. Not absorbent enough, just sort of smears it around and leave skid marks in my jocks.

Pretty good for getting a fire going when you're out in the bush.
The existence of just one racist is proof that there exists at least one person who could be reasonably classified as sub-human.
Manticore

Tanzania (tz)
Print view this post

#40  Postby Oeditor » Apr 04, 2017 2:35 pm

yawm yawn
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam