Is this true?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Is this true?

#1  Postby Animavore » Oct 06, 2010 8:47 am

I heard this for the second time in my life last night and personally I think it's complete bollox.
The first time I heard it it was from a guy who served in Afghanistan. Last night by a random aul lad.
Apparently Arabs, in the desert, wear some kind of nappy and shit themselves and then sift through it at the end of the day to check if there is a baby because they believe the messiah will be born of a man!

Has anyone heard this story before or a variation of it?
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Name: The Scribbler
Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Is this true?

#2  Postby Oeditor » Oct 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Animavore wrote:I heard this for the second time in my life last night and personally I think it's complete bollox.
The first time I heard it it was from a guy who served in Afghanistan. Last night by a random aul lad.
Apparently Arabs, in the desert, wear some kind of nappy and shit themselves and then sift through it at the end of the day to check if there is a baby because they believe the messiah will be born of a man!

Wouldn't it be one dead messiah, after a day in that in the desert heat? Either way, it would have to be like the housemaid's baby for them not to notice.
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#3  Postby Animavore » Oct 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Oeditor wrote:
Animavore wrote:I heard this for the second time in my life last night and personally I think it's complete bollox.

Wouldn't it be one dead messiah, after a day in that in the desert heat? Either way, it would have to be like the housemaid's baby for them not to notice.

It sounds too ridiculous to be true. I was more wondering where it came from.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#4  Postby HughMcB » Oct 06, 2010 3:54 pm

I see the wonder that is Islamic biology strikes again!

You should read extracts from Durro's book about what sort of fucked up take they have on the human body, their ignorance is quite startling!
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#5  Postby Ironclad » Oct 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Yes I have heard a variation of this, but it involved Sikhism not Islam. The messiah is to be born from the bowels of a man.

However, it was information given to me by a man of morally dubious character (a racist). He knew that I was dating a Sikh woman so I thought he was just being a wanker.
Last edited by Ironclad on Oct 06, 2010 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Van Youngman - see you amongst the stardust, old buddy

"If there was no such thing as science, you'd be right " - Sean Lock

"God ....an inventive destroyer" - Broks
Ironclad
RS Donator

Name: Nudge-Nudge
Male

Indonesia (id)
Print view this post

#6  Postby natselrox » Oct 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I have too much faith in my fellow humans to believe this story.
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

#7  Postby Ihavenofingerprints » Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm

It does sound like a joke. But so have a lot of other stories coming out of those countries.
Ihavenofingerprints

Male

Australia (au)

Birthday
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#8  Postby aakalim » Oct 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Don't tell me you actually believe it to be true...
This is absolute bullshit..!
aakalim

Male

Pakistan (pk)
Print view this post

#9  Postby blindfaith » Oct 06, 2010 4:25 pm

well ive spent times with arabs, and spent time in the desert, ive never heard of this. probably just some anti islamic myth
The best explanation for the absence of convincing reasons for god's existence is god's nonexistence

john shook
blindfaith

Name: darren
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#10  Postby Animavore » Oct 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I didn't think there was any truth to it aakalim.

I would just really love to know where it came from though.
A most evolved electron.
Animavore

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#11  Postby Oeditor » Oct 06, 2010 7:33 pm

It's beginning to look like a sort of multinational urban myth. Here's one pinning it on the Druze:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 456AAxZ1i0
The very reason food is sealed is to keep information out. - Gary Ablett Snr.
Oeditor

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#12  Postby Peter Brown » Oct 07, 2010 2:07 am

I’ve heard the story that a man will give birth to the messiah decades ago, and it was linked to Islam. The reason I remember it was some man in India did give birth to a baby a few years later and I thought what a coincidence.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#13  Postby petwo » Oct 07, 2010 2:12 am

When I take a dump I don't sift through it to find a messiah because I know that I've just given birth to a Muslim extremist/terrorist.
I swear I'm an atheist not because I don't believe in God but because I don't believe the people who do.
petwo

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#14  Postby Goldenmane » Oct 07, 2010 2:22 am

Peter Brown wrote:I’ve heard the story that a man will give birth to the messiah decades ago, and it was linked to Islam. The reason I remember it was some man in India did give birth to a baby a few years later and I thought what a coincidence.

:eh:
-Geoff Rogers

@Goldenmane3

http://goldenmane.onlineinfidels.com/
Goldenmane

Print view this post

#15  Postby natselrox » Oct 07, 2010 3:33 am

Goldenmane wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:I’ve heard the story that a man will give birth to the messiah decades ago, and it was linked to Islam. The reason I remember it was some man in India did give birth to a baby a few years later and I thought what a coincidence.

:eh:

:rofl:

But it's true. In India, males give birth.
When in perplexity, read on.

"A system that values obedience over curiosity isn’t education and it definitely isn’t science"
natselrox

Male

India (in)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#16  Postby jaydot » Oct 10, 2010 7:45 pm

a fashion for a while here (britain) was for young men to wear trousers with an extended crotch for the purpose of catching the messiah with the rest of the shit. seems that they're no longer bothered as the style disappeared quite quickly, as did the pants hanging off the arse.
jaydot

Print view this post

#17  Postby HomerJay » Oct 10, 2010 8:04 pm

It's the Druze, wear baggie trousers, that's all. Although having read some of Karen Armstrong's books, I can believe this is how she creates an oeuvre.
For me, the value of a climb is the sum of three inseparable elements, all equally important: aesthetics, history, and ethics

Walter Bonatti 1930-2011

"All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand" - Steven Wright
HomerJay

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#18  Postby byofrcs » Oct 10, 2010 8:26 pm

That makes a little bit of sense. In parts of the desert when you shit then dung beetles come and carry away the shit, and eat it or then lay eggs on it and the larvae hatch and live in the shit.

If through some reason you thought that a messiah was to come back via a man then we men only really have one suitable hole. Given how fucked up religion makes people then on one hand you have dung beetles and on the other you have a messiah; what is a religious man supposed to do ?

Yeah, wear a diaper and make sure there is no messiah hiding in the shit before the beetles get it.

What a way to go - squeezed out via an anus and then rolled around by bugs and eaten by larvae. Only an idiot would arrange for the return of the messiah in this way. Still this is religion we are talking about.

I can see how it could be possible though I suspect that this is a tall tale used to make fun of other religions.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#19  Postby pearlgirl » Oct 10, 2010 8:30 pm

Never heard of this. Geez, it's fucking gross. They could not have come up with less gross woo? What if the fuckers looking for their messiah have diarrhea? Who's gonna sift through THAT!?
pearlgirl

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#20  Postby byofrcs » Oct 10, 2010 11:42 pm

pearlgirl wrote:Never heard of this. Geez, it's fucking gross. They could not have come up with less gross woo? What if the fuckers looking for their messiah have diarrhea? Who's gonna sift through THAT!?

Actually from a practical point of view it would be easier to pick out the messiah in diarrhoea.
In America the battle is between common cents distorted by profits and common sense distorted by prophets.
byofrcs
RS Donator

Name: Lincoln Phipps
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Next

Return to Islam