Lindsay Lohan converts to Islam ... ???

Even more left field than Trump being President ...

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: Lindsay Lohan converts to Islam ... ???

#61  Postby cavarka9 » Feb 19, 2017 4:28 am

quas wrote:
cavarka9 wrote:the criteria shud be on coming out as atheist & actual atheist,

The problem is that the atheist community has been infected by the PC virus. Thus far, only Sam Harris dan Dawkins argue vehemently for atheism, and yet they are openly shamed within their own community for being "racist" or "islamaphobic". Sam Harris argued convincingly in his book "End of Faith" that if one chooses to accept certain religious doctrine as truth, then it logically entails that one should be intolerant towards other religion. Sam's argument is that believing in Islam necessitates its followers to be terrorists. But, we can't accept that, because we know some good Muslims, some of us even have moderate Muslims as friends.

or use the moronic argument, that if u agree with donal trump on islam, u r a bigot!. moronic logic , u can see the quality of indian standards pc, which is far more pathetic than western standard of which it is but a pathetic copy implemented even more pathetically by this lady

look the moderator is an Indian anchor, she pretty much basically says that ayan agreeing to trump indicates bigotry. really, if u ask whether 10+10 =20, a bigot says its 20, a serial killer says its 20, hitler says its 20, then pc crowd will scream at us for saying its 20. This is a fact and a reality. Unfortunately thats what this is. But its post modernism which is the real enemy. Also I must say the entire humanities dept, entire humanities dept chose not to build their ideas on science. tried to instead do it for social justice or something else, hence complete failure.
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

Name: prajna

India (in)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#62  Postby cavarka9 » Feb 19, 2017 4:38 am

funny thing about this moderator is her otherwise contempt she has for hinduism for which she gets trolled & abused by hindu zealots. the contempt comes out accidentally many times.

she did a cover job of it recently by hosting a show on kashmiri pandits (hindu minority in kashmir who were ethnically cleansed)

pc virus is strange when it applies only to a community.

at 42: sec she asks, "Is this the religion u plan to stay with?" :shock: :lol: :shhh: :) :grin:
Every moment is a choice.Choices you make now determine your destiny.free yourself of old choices made. Success is a journey,not a destination.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#63  Postby Alan B » Feb 19, 2017 10:23 am

No she doesn't. She says: "Is this the religion you plan to stay with?"

I know, habits die hard, but...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#64  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 19, 2017 10:27 am

Yep. Twitter has a lot to answer for.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#65  Postby Fallible » Feb 19, 2017 11:11 am

It's text speak, Twitter just adopted it.
Sorry that you think you had it rough in the first world.
You ought to get out of that sooner than later.
Knowledge has turned into a trap; you have to slow down.
Get out of your head and spend less time alone.
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#66  Postby Alan B » Feb 19, 2017 11:59 am

That doesn't excuse him...
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#67  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 19, 2017 12:03 pm

Well I have never sent a SMS (text) so I would not know.

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#68  Postby Fallible » Feb 19, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm not saying it does. I'm saying it isn't Twitter that has anything to answer for, because it didn't start with Twitter.
Sorry that you think you had it rough in the first world.
You ought to get out of that sooner than later.
Knowledge has turned into a trap; you have to slow down.
Get out of your head and spend less time alone.
Fallible
RS Donator

Name: Alice Pooper
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#69  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 19, 2017 1:33 pm

It encourages its use.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#70  Postby quas » Feb 19, 2017 1:34 pm

cavarka9 wrote:look the moderator is an Indian anchor, she pretty much basically says that ayan agreeing to trump indicates bigotry. really, if u ask whether 10+10 =20, a bigot says its 20, a serial killer says its 20, hitler says its 20, then pc crowd will scream at us for saying its 20. This is a fact and a reality. Unfortunately thats what this is. But its post modernism which is the real enemy. Also I must say the entire humanities dept, entire humanities dept chose not to build their ideas on science. tried to instead do it for social justice or something else, hence complete failure.

The problem is motive. I don't agree with Trump, because that asshole is exploiting anti-religious sentiments for his own political agenda. Whereas Sam Harris has perfectly rational reason for being anti-religion. So rational, in fact, that it convinces you it's the humane thing to do. The way to distinguish between them is that, an opportunistic politician flip-flops. They always do. For example: not all Muslim-migrants are banned, only those coming from countries that Trump has no business dealings with.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#71  Postby cavarka9 » Feb 19, 2017 3:40 pm

quas wrote:
cavarka9 wrote:look the moderator is an Indian anchor, she pretty much basically says that ayan agreeing to trump indicates bigotry. really, if u ask whether 10+10 =20, a bigot says its 20, a serial killer says its 20, hitler says its 20, then pc crowd will scream at us for saying its 20. This is a fact and a reality. Unfortunately thats what this is. But its post modernism which is the real enemy. Also I must say the entire humanities dept, entire humanities dept chose not to build their ideas on science. tried to instead do it for social justice or something else, hence complete failure.

The problem is motive. I don't agree with Trump, because that asshole is exploiting anti-religious sentiments for his own political agenda. Whereas Sam Harris has perfectly rational reason for being anti-religion. So rational, in fact, that it convinces you it's the humane thing to do. The way to distinguish between them is that, an opportunistic politician flip-flops. They always do. For example: not all Muslim-migrants are banned, only those coming from countries that Trump has no business dealings with.

Point about valuing honesty is that even if a bigot says something is true, one shud acknowledge that to be so to that extent & disagree with him on everything else. Else we become enemies of truth.
cavarka9

India (in)
Print view this post

#72  Postby quas » Feb 20, 2017 2:52 am

cavarka9 wrote:Point about valuing honesty is that even if a bigot says something is true, one shud acknowledge that to be so to that extent & disagree with him on everything else. Else we become enemies of truth.

I think that's why Dawkins and Sam Harris are shunned these days. They didn't distance themselves from people who adopted atheistic viewpoints to advance unsavory political agendas. Because of that, some people even think that they embraced that sort of bigoted political douchebaggery (American imperialism, white supremacy, xenophobia, etc). Whether people's perceptions of them is accurate or not, has become irrelevant. It's really important to not let your good ideas be rejected by the public, by not allowing your good ideas to be hijacked by opportunistic politicians.
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem
those who think alike than those who think differently. -Nietzsche
quas

Print view this post

#73  Postby aban57 » Feb 20, 2017 1:10 pm

DIdn't Liam Neeson converted to islam a few years ago ?
aban57

Female

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#74  Postby NineBerry » Feb 20, 2017 3:45 pm

aban57 wrote:DIdn't Liam Neeson converted to islam a few years ago ?

No.

In June 2012, Neeson's publicist denied reports that Neeson was converting to Islam. However, the actor has expressed an affection for the Adhan, the Islamic call to prayer, that he grew accustomed to while filming Taken 2 in Istanbul: "By the third week, it was like I couldn't live without it. It really became hypnotic and very moving for me in a very special way. Very beautiful."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Neeson
NineBerry
RS Donator

Male

Print view this post

#75  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » Feb 20, 2017 3:58 pm

Liam Neeson has been to the same hot springs resort and spa I was at last week.

I imagine it was different water he went in but a girl can dream.
Rachel Bronwyn

Name: a certain type of girl
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#76  Postby Corneel » Feb 20, 2017 10:55 pm

NineBerry wrote:
aban57 wrote:DIdn't Liam Neeson converted to islam a few years ago ?

No.

In June 2012, Neeson's publicist denied reports that Neeson was converting to Islam. However, the actor has expressed an affection for the Adhan, the Islamic call to prayer, that he grew accustomed to while filming Taken 2 in Istanbul: "By the third week, it was like I couldn't live without it. It really became hypnotic and very moving for me in a very special way. Very beautiful."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_Neeson

When well done it can be beautiful (and in Istanbul when you hear it coming from different mosques around you for the afternoon prayer, it can have a certain hypnotic quality). When it's some barely literate twats with a voice that grinds on the ears in the hour before dawn, with different mosques doing it as somewhat different hours so it stretches out for between half and a full hour it loses it's magical quality pretty quickly. Fuckers.
"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
Corneel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#77  Postby Corneel » Feb 20, 2017 10:56 pm

Double post
"Damn it! Why am I arguing shit on the internet again!?"
"'cuz sometimes you just need a cumshot of stupid to the face?"

(from Something Positive)

The best movie theme ever

Ceterum censeo Praesidem Anguimanum esse demovendum
Corneel

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#78  Postby laklak » Feb 20, 2017 11:23 pm

What Corneel said. I fucking HATED the goddamn call to prayer.
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way. - Mark Twain
The sky is falling! The sky is falling! - Chicken Little
I never go without my dinner. No one ever does, except vegetarians and people like that - Oscar Wilde
laklak
RS Donator

Name: Florida Man
Male

Swaziland (sz)
Print view this post

#79  Postby don't get me started » Feb 21, 2017 6:43 am

laklak wrote:What Corneel said. I fucking HATED the goddamn call to prayer.

Yep.
Jet lagged from the Japan to Egypt transition, finally managed to doze off in our hotel in Cairo. Then it started.
I wondered what time it was. don't get her started replied 'fucking allah akbar time'. and then added a few choice Japanese phrases.
don't get me started

Japan (jp)
Print view this post

#80  Postby Scot Dutchy » Feb 21, 2017 10:27 am

laklak wrote:What Corneel said. I fucking HATED the goddamn call to prayer.

I hate church bells.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam