What British Muslims Really Think - Data

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

What British Muslims Really Think - Data

#1  Postby Matthew Shute » Apr 14, 2016 4:01 pm

Here's the full ICM data - http://www.icmunlimited.com/data/media/ ... opline.pdf

Some of the key findings for anyone who missed the documentary: http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news ... ally-think
"Change will preserve us. It is the lifeblood of the Isles. It will move mountains! It will mount movements!" - Sheogorath
Matthew Shute

Name: Matthew Shute

Antarctica (aq)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: What British Muslims Really Think - Data

#2  Postby Sendraks » Apr 14, 2016 4:08 pm

A friend shared the data from this survey about muslim attitudes to the legality of homosexuality the other day. He was rather down about it, being gay himself and worried about the attitudes reflected in the survey.

I pointed out that the findings of the British Social Attitudes survey, showed that the attitudes of the muslims surveyed towards homosexuality were roughly consistent with the findings of the BSA survey circa 1995. Furthermore, muslim attitudes towards homosexuality now were far more tolerant than those of the people surveyed by the BSA back in 1987.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
Sendraks

Name: D-Money Jr
Male

Print view this post

#3  Postby The_Piper » Apr 14, 2016 4:18 pm

That's not too bad. It's still 1996 where I live, but aside from the remote-ness, that's probably mostly due to the high percentage of religious people. :lol:
"Tourists make their way thru the foothill landscapes as if blind to all their best beauty, and like children seek the emphasized mountains..." John Muir
Self Taken Pictures of Wildlife
Self Taken Pictures of Scenery
The_Piper

Name: Fletch F. Fletch
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#4  Postby tuco » Apr 15, 2016 7:15 pm

Comprehensive data indeed, thanks for it.

It should probably be called something like: "How radical British Muslims are" or even "How British Muslims perceive themselves and relate to radicalism". Its missing questions like Brexit or education and healthcare or environment. Though I think I understand journalists short-cuts and scope of various surveys, let me point this out.
tuco

Print view this post

Return to Islam