What is appealing about being a Muslim?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#241  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 11:29 am

Alan B wrote:Al-Fatihah, what is your definition of an atheist?


Response: The same as defined by the dictionary. You can refer there.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#242  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 29, 2016 11:30 am

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Alan B wrote:Al-Fatihah, what is your definition of an atheist?


Response: The same as defined by the dictionary. You can refer there.


:rofl: Quite a comedian as well.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#243  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 11:30 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is not answer and you know it. We have plenty of stories just like that over here. After all the death threats that they are usually resettled under a government protection scheme. Such is the religion of peace.


Response: Such is your religion of peace. Not Islam.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#244  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 29, 2016 11:32 am

Al-Fatihah wrote:The challenge says to inspire enough followers to help you conquer and rule a nation by using humanmade speech literature that goes against the likes of the people as proof that such an act is possible.


I say, old chap, isn't conquering a bit old hat these days, what?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

― Mark Twain
Doubtdispelled
 
Posts: 11830

Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#245  Postby Alan B » Jun 29, 2016 11:34 am

Since you claim that Allah exists, would you like to have a go at this? This request has been put forward to some Christians here without much enlightenment. As a Muslim, can you do any better?
('Allah' substituted for 'God' for your benefit).
"What you must do now is to prove (or show evidence of) the existence of an interface between a non-physical Allah and a physical universe (or even a physical human being will do). You must then describe the precise nature of the interface: how it is implemented, what 'connections' are used and the translation 'mechanism' across the interface. Bearing in mind, of course, that one side of the interface must be entirely non-physical such that no physical measuring device can detect its presence and that the other side must exist solely in the physical universe."
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9794
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#246  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 29, 2016 11:34 am

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is not answer and you know it. We have plenty of stories just like that over here. After all the death threats that they are usually resettled under a government protection scheme. Such is the religion of peace.


Response: Such is your religion of peace. Not Islam.


I dont have a religion as there is no evidence that a deity exists. Like you have no evidence for your crappy belief system.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#247  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 11:43 am

Doubtdispelled wrote:

I say, old chap, isn't conquering a bit old hat these days, what?


Response: Conquering a nation by inspiring followers to help you conquer and rule by using human made speech/literature that goes against their liking is humanly impossible. Demonstrating that the conquest of Muhammad (saw) with the inspiration of the Qur'an is a miracle and proof that the Qur'an is the true word of Allah.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#248  Postby Doubtdispelled » Jun 29, 2016 11:45 am

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Doubtdispelled wrote:

I say, old chap, isn't conquering a bit old hat these days, what?


Response: Conquering a nation by inspiring followers to help you conquer and rule by using human made speech/literature that goes against their liking is humanly impossible. Demonstrating that the conquest of Muhammad (saw) with the inspiration of the Qur'an is a miracle and proof that the Qur'an is the true word of Allah.

What?
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

― Mark Twain
Doubtdispelled
 
Posts: 11830

Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#249  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 29, 2016 11:47 am

Quite amazing really just putting words on paper. He is not a bot?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#250  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 11:55 am

Alan B wrote:Since you claim that Allah exists, would you like to have a go at this? This request has been put forward to some Christians here without much enlightenment. As a Muslim, can you do any better?
('Allah' substituted for 'God' for your benefit).
"What you must do now is to prove (or show evidence of) the existence of an interface between a non-physical Allah and a physical universe (or even a physical human being will do). You must then describe the precise nature of the interface: how it is implemented, what 'connections' are used and the translation 'mechanism' across the interface. Bearing in mind, of course, that one side of the interface must be entirely non-physical such that no physical measuring device can detect its presence and that the other side must exist solely in the physical universe."


Response: A rational discussion means no hypocrisy. Meaning the same standard you ask of religious people, which is not to appeal to authority or claim something is true because a book says so, you should not be a hypocrite and do otherwise when the tables turn and I begin asking you of proof of evolution and other claims. Let's see if you can. Moving on for now.

The proof of God's existence is based on observable, testable evidence and deductive logic based on such evidence. The evidence is as follows:


Hypothesis: A repeating pattern can only originate from choice.

Test subject: You.

Experiment: Draw a simple checkerboard pattern without choosing to do so (Non-choice).

Conclusion: You failed.

Thus you have firsthand evidence that a repeating pattern cannot originate from non-choice, but choice. As such the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice, proving God's existence.

Common atheist/agnostic rebuttal:

Atheists/Agnostics say: We do have evidence of non-choice creating repeating patterns. Crystals, snowflakes, etc..

Response: If stating that non-choice can produce a repeating pattern because you have examples such as crystals, snowflakes, etc., then stating that non-choice CANNOT produce a repeating pattern is also true because we have an example of it not working (your own failure to draw a simple checkerboard without choice). As such, the argument for non-choice fails since it contradicts. Leaving the option of choice as the answer. Therefore, the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself proves originates from choice, proving God exist.

Furthermore, it is not that the examples work and do not work, what makes it a contradiction is that THEY OPPOSE each other. Meaning the reasoning you use to favor your argument, also goes against it. You are claiming something is true, and THE REASON is because you have examples. Yet one can say that your argument is untrue. Why? Because we have examples. Notice, the very argument you are using goes against you. THAT IS WHY IT IS A CONTRADICTION. So non-choice fails as evidence, because the reason you use to favor it (because you have examples) also goes against you (there are examples). Thus the evidence is clear that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice, proving that the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originate from choice. Proving the existence of God.

You claim that your proof that non-choice created the pattern is because you did not see choice. Yet if you found an IPhone in the sand or on the street, and we ask was this IPhone created by choice or without choice, you would all say "someone chose to make it, despite not seeing choice. A blatant contradiction. Showing once again that non-choice is false since it is based on a contradiction, leaving choice as the option and proving God exist.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#251  Postby Alan B » Jun 29, 2016 11:57 am

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Alan B wrote:Al-Fatihah, what is your definition of an atheist?


Response: The same as defined by the dictionary. You can refer there.

Different dictionaries can have different definitions.

I asked precisely "What is your definition of atheism."

You may, of course, quote from your own dictionary.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9794
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#252  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 11:57 am

Doubtdispelled wrote:
What?


Response: What?
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#253  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 11:59 am

Alan B wrote:
Different dictionaries can have different definitions.

I asked precisely "What is your definition of atheism."

You may, of course, quote from your own dictionary.


Response: You say they have different definitions. Not me. So you can back your claim. Until then, my dictionary is any one. You may, of course, quote from any one of them.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#254  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Al-Fatihah wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is not answer and you know it. We have plenty of stories just like that over here. After all the death threats that they are usually resettled under a government protection scheme. Such is the religion of peace.


Response: Such is your religion of peace. Not Islam.


I dont have a religion as there is no evidence that a deity exists. Like you have no evidence for your crappy belief system.


Response: The evidence is clear that a deity exist, as your own failure to draw a simple checkerboard pattern without choosing to do so is firsthand evince that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice. Thus the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice. Proving God exist.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#255  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 29, 2016 12:12 pm

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Al-Fatihah wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
That is not answer and you know it. We have plenty of stories just like that over here. After all the death threats that they are usually resettled under a government protection scheme. Such is the religion of peace.


Response: Such is your religion of peace. Not Islam.


I dont have a religion as there is no evidence that a deity exists. Like you have no evidence for your crappy belief system.


Response: The evidence is clear that a deity exist, as your own failure to draw a simple checkerboard pattern without choosing to do so is firsthand evince that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice. Thus the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice. Proving God exist.


There is no evidence. How many universes are there? How many stars or planets like earth? You are stuck in two dimensions.
Where does the sun go at night? It is the koran. Where is sperm made? It is in the koran. Where do babies come from? It is in the koran. Can I beat my wife? Marry a five year old? Stone a woman to to death for being raped?

See how stupid your goatherders' belief system is? You cant because your mind is not open because it has been closed by years of indoctrination.
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#256  Postby Alan B » Jun 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Al-Fatihah wrote:
Alan B wrote:Since you claim that Allah exists, would you like to have a go at this? This request has been put forward to some Christians here without much enlightenment. As a Muslim, can you do any better?
('Allah' substituted for 'God' for your benefit).
"What you must do now is to prove (or show evidence of) the existence of an interface between a non-physical Allah and a physical universe (or even a physical human being will do). You must then describe the precise nature of the interface: how it is implemented, what 'connections' are used and the translation 'mechanism' across the interface. Bearing in mind, of course, that one side of the interface must be entirely non-physical such that no physical measuring device can detect its presence and that the other side must exist solely in the physical universe."


Response: A rational discussion means no hypocrisy. Meaning the same standard you ask of religious people, which is not to appeal to authority or claim something is true because a book says so, you should not be a hypocrite and do otherwise when the tables turn and I begin asking you of proof of evolution and other claims. Let's see if you can. Moving on for now.

There is nothing hypocritical in my approach. It is a straightforward question about your claim that a god exists You make the assertion, you provide the evidence. With regard to 'proof of evolution and other claims' that you might ask of a non-Muslim, well, I might not be able to answer since I may not have the appropriate knowledge with which to comply. That doesn't make my question hypocritical.

The proof of God's existence is based on observable, testable evidence and deductive logic based on such evidence. The evidence is as follows:


Hypothesis: A repeating pattern can only originate from choice.

Test subject: You.

Experiment: Draw a simple checkerboard pattern without choosing to do so (Non-choice).

Conclusion: You failed.

Thus you have firsthand evidence that a repeating pattern cannot originate from non-choice, but choice. As such the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice, proving God's existence.

Common atheist/agnostic rebuttal:

Atheists/Agnostics say: We do have evidence of non-choice creating repeating patterns. Crystals, snowflakes, etc..

Response: If stating that non-choice can produce a repeating pattern because you have examples such as crystals, snowflakes, etc., then stating that non-choice CANNOT produce a repeating pattern is also true because we have an example of it not working (your own failure to draw a simple checkerboard without choice). As such, the argument for non-choice fails since it contradicts. Leaving the option of choice as the answer. Therefore, the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself proves originates from choice, proving God exist.

Furthermore, it is not that the examples work and do not work, what makes it a contradiction is that THEY OPPOSE each other. Meaning the reasoning you use to favor your argument, also goes against it. You are claiming something is true, and THE REASON is because you have examples. Yet one can say that your argument is untrue. Why? Because we have examples. Notice, the very argument you are using goes against you. THAT IS WHY IT IS A CONTRADICTION. So non-choice fails as evidence, because the reason you use to favor it (because you have examples) also goes against you (there are examples). Thus the evidence is clear that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice, proving that the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originate from choice. Proving the existence of God.

You claim that your proof that non-choice created the pattern is because you did not see choice. Yet if you found an IPhone in the sand or on the street, and we ask was this IPhone created by choice or without choice, you would all say "someone chose to make it, despite not seeing choice. A blatant contradiction. Showing once again that non-choice is false since it is based on a contradiction, leaving choice as the option and proving God exist.


:think: Now, where have I seen this argument before. Something to do with watches and watchmakers, methinks.
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9794
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#257  Postby Scot Dutchy » Jun 29, 2016 12:24 pm

:lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43118
Age: 71
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#258  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Alan B wrote:
Al-Fatihah wrote:
Alan B wrote:Since you claim that Allah exists, would you like to have a go at this? This request has been put forward to some Christians here without much enlightenment. As a Muslim, can you do any better?
('Allah' substituted for 'God' for your benefit).
"What you must do now is to prove (or show evidence of) the existence of an interface between a non-physical Allah and a physical universe (or even a physical human being will do). You must then describe the precise nature of the interface: how it is implemented, what 'connections' are used and the translation 'mechanism' across the interface. Bearing in mind, of course, that one side of the interface must be entirely non-physical such that no physical measuring device can detect its presence and that the other side must exist solely in the physical universe."


Response: A rational discussion means no hypocrisy. Meaning the same standard you ask of religious people, which is not to appeal to authority or claim something is true because a book says so, you should not be a hypocrite and do otherwise when the tables turn and I begin asking you of proof of evolution and other claims. Let's see if you can. Moving on for now.

There is nothing hypocritical in my approach. It is a straightforward question about your claim that a god exists You make the assertion, you provide the evidence. With regard to 'proof of evolution and other claims' that you might ask of a non-Muslim, well, I might not be able to answer since I may not have the appropriate knowledge with which to comply. That doesn't make my question hypocritical.

The proof of God's existence is based on observable, testable evidence and deductive logic based on such evidence. The evidence is as follows:


Hypothesis: A repeating pattern can only originate from choice.

Test subject: You.

Experiment: Draw a simple checkerboard pattern without choosing to do so (Non-choice).

Conclusion: You failed.

Thus you have firsthand evidence that a repeating pattern cannot originate from non-choice, but choice. As such the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice, proving God's existence.

Common atheist/agnostic rebuttal:

Atheists/Agnostics say: We do have evidence of non-choice creating repeating patterns. Crystals, snowflakes, etc..

Response: If stating that non-choice can produce a repeating pattern because you have examples such as crystals, snowflakes, etc., then stating that non-choice CANNOT produce a repeating pattern is also true because we have an example of it not working (your own failure to draw a simple checkerboard without choice). As such, the argument for non-choice fails since it contradicts. Leaving the option of choice as the answer. Therefore, the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself proves originates from choice, proving God exist.

Furthermore, it is not that the examples work and do not work, what makes it a contradiction is that THEY OPPOSE each other. Meaning the reasoning you use to favor your argument, also goes against it. You are claiming something is true, and THE REASON is because you have examples. Yet one can say that your argument is untrue. Why? Because we have examples. Notice, the very argument you are using goes against you. THAT IS WHY IT IS A CONTRADICTION. So non-choice fails as evidence, because the reason you use to favor it (because you have examples) also goes against you (there are examples). Thus the evidence is clear that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice, proving that the repeating patterns in the universe and life itself originate from choice. Proving the existence of God.

You claim that your proof that non-choice created the pattern is because you did not see choice. Yet if you found an IPhone in the sand or on the street, and we ask was this IPhone created by choice or without choice, you would all say "someone chose to make it, despite not seeing choice. A blatant contradiction. Showing once again that non-choice is false since it is based on a contradiction, leaving choice as the option and proving God exist.


:think: Now, where have I seen this argument before. Something to do with watches and watchmakers, methinks.


Response: I don't know where you've seen it before because it is my own original argument.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#259  Postby Al-Fatihah » Jun 29, 2016 12:30 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Al-Fatihah wrote:]

There is no evidence. How many universes are there? How many stars or planets like earth? You are stuck in two dimensions.
Where does the sun go at night? It is the koran. Where is sperm made? It is in the koran. Where do babies come from? It is in the koran. Can I beat my wife? Marry a five year old? Stone a woman to to death for being raped?

See how stupid your goatherders' belief system is? You cant because your mind is not open because it has been closed by years of indoctrination.


Response: I see how stupid your own argument is since you are proof yourself that a repeating pattern can only originate from choice from your own failure to create a simple checkerboard pattern without choice. As usual, you expose yourself.
Qul Haatoo Burhaanakum In Kuntum Saadiqeen
User avatar
Al-Fatihah
Banned Troll
 
Posts: 71
Male

Country: USA
Print view this post

Re: What is appealing about being a Muslim?

#260  Postby tuco » Jun 29, 2016 12:36 pm

Al-Fatihah wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:

Could you share with us some of your favourite teachings of Islam? What is something that might inspire a non-Muslim to seek the path of Islam?


Response: Islam is based on 5 pillars. Three of them, prayer, charity, and fasting, are essential in establishing peace and tranquility, along with humility and discipline and compassion. If implemented daily and as prescribed in Islam, it will inspire peace, compassion, humility, and discipline in the best way.


Lets substitute prayer for meditation. Fasting for healthy diet. Charity is charity so is discipline and compassion. Well, it could produce some results. Now, doing all this, is believing in Allah needed to for it to produce results?
tuco
 
Posts: 15449

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest