Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

...in your home country?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Would you support the forced closure of all mosques in your home country?

Yes
10%
No
88%
Undecided
2%

Total votes : 96

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#561  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 14, 2015 8:33 am

Peter Brown wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Ah, well you know if you're not fucking a nine year old then you aren't a real Muslim, them's the rules.

It’s Hadith so not really a rule, just a guide to being as perfect as Muhammad, but you wouldn't know that.

Stop making patronising assertions about other people's knowledge Peter.

Peter Brown wrote:I don't think Jews or Christians are told to do this in the bible or by papal decree, but in your imagination who knows.

Correct, Jews were told to marry the virgins of the tribes they exterminated.
They were told to marry their rapist or rape victims.
Christians are told to never divorce their partner, even if they are abusive.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#562  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 8:38 am

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Peter Brown wrote: can you be a Jew if you don't follow the laws of Moses, or are you something else now? If your family were German 1000 years ago, but moved to India 999 years ago, are you still a German? Do you want to tell Dawkins we're are not all Africans?

Wow, I was mistaken, it's word salad time. :doh:

Aye, another truly boggling eructation.

I'll tell Dawkins we're not all Africans, not least because we're obviously not all Africans, but also because Dawkins is neither my boss, nor my leader, nor even an authority on the subject.

Of course, Dawkins not being abjectly clueless, would immediately understand what I was saying and agree. Peter, on the other hand, seems lost in these oft-repeated genetic fallacies; the very same kind of erroneous reasoning which leads him to declare that all Muslims are X, because some parts of Islamic doctrine say X.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#563  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 9:30 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:
SafeAsMilk wrote:Ah, well you know if you're not fucking a nine year old then you aren't a real Muslim, them's the rules.

It’s Hadith so not really a rule, just a guide to being as perfect as Muhammad, but you wouldn't know that. It was his last wife who told the Muslim community Muhammad married her at six years of age and took her away from her toys to bed her at nine years of age.
I don't think Jews or Christians are told to do this in the bible or by papal decree, but in your imagination who knows.

Show where Muslims are told to do this or shut up.

33.21 is the verse used
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#564  Postby Nicko » Jul 14, 2015 9:34 am

Nicko wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:The funny thing is, there were two places that closed all the mosques, they even threw out the Muslims and none of the extra violence that is being predicted happen. Instead it stopped the wars.

This is actually the closest you have come in this thread to addressing the topic.

Can you please enlighten us as to what "two places" you are referring to?

Just reposting this in case Peter wants to actually start defending his absurd vote in the poll.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#565  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 10:23 am

O that, I was in a devilism mood wanting to see brains go pop in self induced fury.

So thinking of how the Turkish PM said South America had been discovered and occupied by the Muslims, and there were no Muslims there after the Spainish and Portuguese turned up, they must have expelled them.

My plot set, I posted and brains went pop.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#566  Postby Alan B » Jul 14, 2015 10:25 am

Peter Brown wrote:33.21 is the verse used

33 is The Confederates.
33:21
"You have had a good example in God's Messenger for whosoever hopes for God and the Last Day, and remember God oft." (Arberry trans.)
"There is a good example in God's apostle for those of you who look to God and the Last Day and remember God always." (Dawood trans.)
And this is the sole justification that (some) Muslims use to screw nine-year old girls?
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
Alan B

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#567  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 10:56 am

It is the command they be like Muhammad, the perfect human the best of all Muslims etc etc etc

But like many things in the Qur'an, telling you to be like him doesn't help you when you don't know what he was like, so you end up with the quotes of Muhammad and tales of Muhammad which are found in the Haddith.

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-t ... 07.062.064

the later marry a girl at any age comes from Islamic scholars looking at these things and then ruling if she was six why not 6 months? then decreeing any age is fine .
Last edited by Peter Brown on Jul 14, 2015 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#568  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 10:58 am

Peter Brown wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

It’s Hadith so not really a rule, just a guide to being as perfect as Muhammad, but you wouldn't know that. It was his last wife who told the Muslim community Muhammad married her at six years of age and took her away from her toys to bed her at nine years of age.
I don't think Jews or Christians are told to do this in the bible or by papal decree, but in your imagination who knows.

33.21 is the verse used

Thanks for showing that you are full of bullshit.

There's nothing in that verse that tells Muslims to have sexual relations with a child - your claims are pure bullshit.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#569  Postby Nicko » Jul 14, 2015 10:58 am

Peter Brown wrote:O that, I was in a devilism mood wanting to see brains go pop in self induced fury.

Or "trolling" as I believe it's known.

Peter Brown wrote:So thinking of how the Turkish PM said South America had been discovered and occupied by the Muslims, and there were no Muslims there after the Spainish and Portuguese turned up, they must have expelled them.

So you straight-up lied when you claimed you had two historical examples of mosque closure that did not exacerbate conflict.

Thanks for sorting that out.

Given that you have now admitted that the only thing you have posted in this thread that might be considered to support your position was a lie, do you now concede that you cannot defend your position? Or would you like to engage in another couple of dozen pages of dishonesty and misdirection?

Again Peter.

There. Is. No. One. In. This. Thread. That. Likes. Islam.

We object to your proposed law forcing all mosques to close as unethical, illegal and counterproductive.

Stop this, "Dur,hur, Islam bad!" stuff and get serious.

And stop lying.

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#570  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 11:02 am

Spearthrower wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:

33.21 is the verse used

Thanks for showing that you are full of bullshit.

There's nothing in that verse that tells Muslims to have sexual relations with a child - your claims are pure bullshit.

There is nothing in the Qur'an that tells them they have to pray five times a day either, or that wine is forbided, got rivers of the stuff up there when they die, but you try telling them that!

The command is be like and obey the messenger, from that a Muslim has to look up Hadith, and I've linked the one where his wife tells you her age
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#571  Postby Nicko » Jul 14, 2015 11:09 am

Peter Brown wrote:There is nothing in the Qur'an that tells them they have to pray five times a day either, or that wine is forbided, got rivers of the stuff up there when they die, but you try telling them that!

Gee, it's almost like a religion is not wholly defined by it's scriptures, isn't it?

Now, are you prepared to actually start defending your idiotic decision to vote "yes" in the OP's poll?

I'm guessing "no".

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#572  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 11:14 am

Nicko wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:O that, I was in a devilism mood wanting to see brains go pop in self induced fury.

Peter Brown wrote:So thinking of how the Turkish PM said South America had been discovered and occupied by the Muslims, and there were no Muslims there after the Spainish and Portuguese turned up, they must have expelled them.

So you straight-up lied when you claimed you had two historical examples of mosque closure that did not exacerbate conflict.

Given that you have now admitted that the only thing you have posted in this thread that might be considered to support your position was a lie, do you now concede that you cannot defend your position? Or would you like to engage in another couple of dozen pages of dishonesty and misdirection?

Again Peter.

We object to your proposed law forcing all mosques to close as unethical, illegal and counterproductive.

And stop lying.

Well my trolling had more of a ring of truth than many of the posts. It was the Turkest PM who said Muslims found South America first built Mosques and now claimed its discovery.
At least give me a brew for being a better inventive troll than the others.

The Spainish did make a truce with Muslims back in the day, but then changed the decision and broke the treaty made. Not sure if it was every last Muslim who was forced to convert or not as Spainish history is not really my thing. So I am not claiming anything about that period of history. The Portuguese, no idea if they copied the policy of Spain. France was invaded by Muslims, had a bloody war and they expelled the Muslim invaders, so it would follow they removed the religion too. But I'm not claiming that either. I'll settle with the Turkish PM and the 1001 invented bullshits of Islam.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#573  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 11:17 am

Nicko wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:There is nothing in the Qur'an that tells them they have to pray five times a day either, or that wine is forbided, got rivers of the stuff up there when they die, but you try telling them that!

Gee, it's almost like a religion is not wholly defined by it's scriptures, isn't it?

Now, are you prepared to actually start defending your idiotic decision to vote "yes" in the OP's poll?

I'm guessing "no".

I think it more of the book that was never meant to be read, it really is bollock. You could do better by picking several books, ripping out pages and making a new book from them, because the books you used might be factual and well written.

If the commands didn't make Muslims crazed the reading of it would.

and you make an error, Islam is not just a religion.
It is political, it is Empirical, it is a lifestyle commitment, all wrapped in an Allah and the messenger orders you to do this religion. It is North Korea and you would twin North Korea with Vatican City would you?
Last edited by Peter Brown on Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#574  Postby Arjan Dirkse » Jul 14, 2015 11:17 am

I thought you would have all come to an agreement by now.
Arjan Dirkse

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#575  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 14, 2015 11:22 am

Peter Brown wrote:
Nicko wrote:

Again Peter.

And stop lying.

Well my trolling had more of a ring of truth than many of the posts.

If I didn't know you're being serious, this statement would have been so funny.

Peter Brown wrote: It was the Turkest PM who said Muslims found South America first built Mosques and now claimed its discovery.
At least give me a brew for being a better inventive troll than the others.

That would be hard to since:
1. No-one except you, has trolled in this thread.
2. The above statement has fuck all to do with your claim that there are two examples of societies were muslims have been removed without consequences.

Peter Brown wrote:The Spainish did make a truce with Muslims back in the day, but then changed the decision and broke the treaty made. Not sure if it was every last Muslim who was forced to convert or not as Spainish history is not really my thing. So I am not claiming anything about that period of history. The Portuguese, no idea if they copied the policy of Spain. France was invaded by Muslims, had a bloody war and they expelled the Muslim invaders, so it would follow they removed the religion too. But I'm not claiming that either. I'll settle with the Turkish PM and the 1001 invented bullshits of Islam.

Your bullshitting in an attempt to deflect attention, is getting more ridiculous with each new post.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#576  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 14, 2015 11:23 am

Arjan Dirkse wrote:I thought you would have all come to an agreement by now.

It's a bit hard when one party refuses to deal with reality and instead prefers to straw-man, lie, make shit up whole-sale and call their interlocutors names.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#577  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 11:23 am

Arjan Dirkse wrote:I thought you would have all come to an agreement by now.

nah they love flogging the dead donkey. I'm wondering if these are the SJW I read about?
Last edited by Peter Brown on Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#578  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

Peter Brown wrote:
Nicko wrote:

I'm guessing "no".

I think it more of the book that was never meant to be read, it really is bollock. You could do better by picking several books, ripping out pages and making a new book from them, because the books you used might be factual and well written.

If the commands didn't make Muslims crazed the reading of it would.

and you make an error, Islam is not just a religion.
It is political, it is Empirical, it is a lifestyle commitment, all wrapped in an Allah and the messenger orders you to do this religion. It is North Korea and you would twin North Korea with Vatican City would you?

Lost in the 5th dimension again, I see.
Thomas Eshuis

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#579  Postby Nicko » Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am

Peter Brown wrote:Well my trolling had more of a ring of truth than many of the posts.

Your defense of a bald-faced lie is that it was "truthier" than the facts posted by others?

That's what you're going with?

Seriously?

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#580  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:45 am

Amazing. You defeat your own contentions as an argument against my rebuttal of your contentions! :grin:

Peter Brown wrote:The command is be like and obey the messenger, from that a Muslim has to look up Hadith, and I've linked the one where his wife tells you her age

This is known as specious bollocks.

There may be a hadith that tells Mo wore yellow pants on a Tuesday, but it doesn't mean that Muslims believe, or are obliged to believe that it is their Islamic duty to wear yellow pants on a Tuesday.

Again, let's look at your favourite religion, Christianity.

1 John 2:6  wrote:He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

John 2:15 wrote:And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;

Christians are commanded to behave like Jesus.

Ergo, Christians should fashion weapons, physically attack bankers, and random animals, and commit acts of vandalism.

Watch Peter go into apologetics mode immediately thereby refusing to acknowledge that this is explicitly the same, only with the Bible version both verses actually are in the Bible, not some other report only some Muslims believe is true.

Of course, Peter doesn't think that Christians do act like this, yet for some reason Peter thinks that Muslims are mindless robots who follow a single literalist account of their text.

Completely contrived bullshit.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam