Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

...in your home country?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Would you support the forced closure of all mosques in your home country?

Yes
10%
No
88%
Undecided
2%

Total votes : 96

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#581  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:46 am

Peter Brown wrote:O that, I was in a devilism mood wanting to see brains go pop in self induced fury.

So thinking of how the Turkish PM said South America had been discovered and occupied by the Muslims, and there were no Muslims there after the Spainish and Portuguese turned up, they must have expelled them.

My plot set, I posted and brains went pop.

Yep, this is as frank an admission of trolling as is possible.

The brains didn't pop, Peter - that noise you heard was palms hitting foreheads.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#582  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:49 am

Nicko wrote:
Given that you have now admitted that the only thing you have posted in this thread that might be considered to support your position was a lie, do you now concede that you cannot defend your position? Or would you like to engage in another couple of dozen pages of dishonesty and misdirection?

I'll give you 3 guesses! ;)

Peter thinks he's doing well here.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#583  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:51 am

Peter Brown wrote:Well my trolling had more of a ring of truth than many of the posts. It was the Turkest PM who said Muslims found South America first built Mosques and now claimed its discovery.
At least give me a brew for being a better inventive troll than the others.

That's the problem Peter - the 'others' aren't trolling.

They may be fucking your claims up the arse until you squeak, but that's on account of the utterly absurd claims you make.

Talking of which...

Peter Brown wrote:The Spainish did make a truce with Muslims back in the day, but then changed the decision and broke the treaty made. Not sure if it was every last Muslim who was forced to convert or not as Spainish history is not really my thing. So I am not claiming anything about that period of history. The Portuguese, no idea if they copied the policy of Spain. France was invaded by Muslims, had a bloody war and they expelled the Muslim invaders, so it would follow they removed the religion too. But I'm not claiming that either. I'll settle with the Turkish PM and the 1001 invented bullshits of Islam.

What the fuck does it even mean?

The most important point in there is the acknowledgment that you don't have a clue what you're talking about - the problem is that it doesn't seem to stop you from making fantastical claims you can't even begin to support.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#584  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:53 am

Peter Brown wrote:
I think it more of the book that was never meant to be read, it really is bollock. You could do better by picking several books, ripping out pages and making a new book from them, because the books you used might be factual and well written.

If the commands didn't make Muslims crazed the reading of it would.

and you make an error, Islam is not just a religion.
It is political, it is Empirical, it is a lifestyle commitment, all wrapped in an Allah and the messenger orders you to do this religion. It is North Korea and you would twin North Korea with Vatican City would you?

You need to recall the rule of toke, toke, pass.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#585  Postby Nicko » Jul 14, 2015 11:53 am

Arjan Dirkse wrote:I thought you would have all come to an agreement by now.

Well it's getting there.

There were only eight people who voted "yes" in the first place.

Six of them didn't have the courage to actually defend their bewilderingly idiotic decision. That left two. KIR and Peter.

KIR has so far failed to present anything that meaningfully engages with the objections to a mosque ban*. By this stage, it seems pretty safe to assume he can't.

Peter did actually claim that he had two historical examples of a mosque ban - in fact a complete expulsion of all Muslims from an area - and intimated that these demonstrated that Islam could be targeted for discrimination without running into the objections raised. He then failed to provide those examples when asked, falsely claimed that he had not been asked, changed the subject to another irrelevant tangent*and finally admitted that he made the whole thing up for teh lulz. Again, pretty safe to assume he's got nothing.

Really, at this stage we're just arguing to see how completely Peter wants to destroy his credibility.

* Both KIR and Peter seem to be labouring under the delusion that the topic under discussion is, "Islam is wrong." or, "Muslims are bad." This, naturally, handicaps their ability to address the topic in a pertinent or coherent manner.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#586  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:54 am

Peter Brown wrote:
Arjan Dirkse wrote:I thought you would have all come to an agreement by now.

nah they love flogging the dead donkey. I'm wondering if these are the SJW I read about?

Hey! Maybe that's a new label you can irrationally assign to us so you can abuse us by proxy.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#587  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 14, 2015 11:58 am

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, Peter's position must exemplify mortal peril.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Ads by Google

#588  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 12:35 pm

Nicko wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:Well my trolling had more of a ring of truth than many of the posts.

Your defense of a bald-faced lie is that it was "truthier" than the facts posted by others?

That's what you're going with?

Seriously?

yes why not, nothing I say is believed is it.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#589  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 14, 2015 12:40 pm

Peter Brown wrote:
Nicko wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:Well my trolling had more of a ring of truth than many of the posts.

Your defense of a bald-faced lie is that it was "truthier" than the facts posted by others?

Seriously?

That happens when you frequently post fantasies, misrepresentations and counterfactual assertions.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#590  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Spearthrower wrote:If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, Peter's position must exemplify mortal peril.

a little knowledge in your case is quite likely the end of whatever civilisation humanity could evolve into.

You've accepted dhimmi status, whilst knowing how bad Islam is, and by giving in to the spread of Islam globally Saudi Arabia will one day be the example of life everywhere and it will be because people said no to stopping Islam, its unfair to stop people believing in Islam is a stupid position to take.

I can never agree with that position, that capitulation to bullies, and I will support the tough decisions you are unwilling to make.
Last edited by Peter Brown on Jul 14, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#591  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Earth to Peter, earth to Peter....
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
Thomas Eshuis

Name: Thomas Eshuis
Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#592  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 12:48 pm

Allah to Thomas Allah to Thomas, your 72 virgins are all hairy men
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#593  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 14, 2015 12:51 pm

Thomas Eshuis wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:
Nicko wrote:

Seriously?

That happens when you frequently post fantasies, misrepresentations and counterfactual assertions.

I'm still waiting for some kind of scholarly Islamic wisdom from the academic. Fuck all after how many pages? I hope you pay for your own education and not the tax payer.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

#594  Postby Blip » Jul 14, 2015 12:53 pm

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Locked for review
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#595  Postby Blip » Jul 15, 2015 6:33 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Peter Brown, please see my advice to you here; dial it back please.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
Blip

Female

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#596  Postby Blip » Jul 15, 2015 6:46 am

!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Spearthrower, describing another member as ‘completely despicable’ and inviting him to ‘swing your hook’, as you have done here, contravenes the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2e, which concerns inflammatory posting and section 1.2c, which concerns personal attack. Please desist from posting in this manner.

Any comments on this modnote or moderation should not be made in the thread as they will be considered off topic. You may PM me or another moderator if you wish to discuss this further.
Blip

Female

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#597  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 15, 2015 7:29 am

My apologies.

Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

#598  Postby Nicko » Jul 15, 2015 8:27 am

Peter Brown wrote:
Nicko wrote:

Seriously?

Even if that were the case, lying is hardly going to fix that, is it? If you want to be believed, stop being dishonest.

And I do not just refer to the many demonstrable instances in this thread where you have made statements flatly contradicted by reality, I refer to the way in which you have consistently refused to defend the answer you gave to the OP's poll, electing instead to sling insults and lies.

Just as a general observation of any legislative proposal, merely showing that a problem exists is not enough. You need to show that your proposed solution would fix - or at least ameliorate - the problem.

For instance, if someone were to propose that we deal with the issue of rising national deficits by stabbing everyone with blonde hair in the face, opposition to this scheme would not indicate that a person so opposed was necessarily pro-deficit. Most of the opposition would come from people who observed that it was a fucking stupid plan, that would not solve the fucking problem and was almost fucking certain to create new fucking problems.

As it is in this case.

No one here is a Muslim. No one here is even pro-Islam. No one here denies that there is a threat posed by radical Islamist terrorism.

We just think the legislation you have advocated is fucking stupid.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
Nicko

Name: Nick Williams
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#599  Postby SkyMutt » Jul 15, 2015 8:37 am

[pedantic aside] The proper term is "sling your hook" according to the Oxford Dictionaries and other authorities. Hotten's Slang Dictionary of 1874 describes it as "a polite invitation to move-on." ;) Thus, it goes back to at least the 19th century, though is derivation is uncertain, and is still discussed by those of us who discuss such things. The "swing your hook" variation appears to come from Pink Floyd. [/pedantic aside] :shifty:
Serious, but not entirely serious.

"The charm of a man is measured by the charm of the women who think he is a scoundrel."
— H. L. Mencken
SkyMutt

Male

Print view this post

#600  Postby Peter Brown » Jul 15, 2015 9:13 am

We just think the legislation you have advocated is fucking stupid.

fine, you and the others have that opinion and asked why others disagreed.

well I gave my reasons, and Keep it real did too, but you seriously think anyone else would with the way the mob reaction hounded in not just this thread but stalked me into other different Islamic topics barking the same dislike in what I can only say was an attempt to 'railroad me out of town, tarred and feathered' seeing there is a like for old sayings?

Just because I think Islam is a very dangerous because it is a set of instructions of a successful warlord starting off with a few bandits and eventually conquering a small Empire. I can’t think of a worse book. It is like handing out how to make explosives to children and being shocked when a few blow themselves up.

Because of that honest view of mine, every post here has been attacked by the mob in nothing more than a witch hunt to make you feel proud you vilified the persons who would do something to stop the cycle, because you think they are bigots out of some warped believe allowing the Qur'an to continue its influence is a great idea because the Muslims who don't bear arms to enforce Islamic doctrine, only pray that Allah enforceds and forces you into submission to Sharia instead.

And now the hounds will whine about Sharia being mentioned, not having a clue what it is, or how it ranges in scope and would remove every freedom they enjoy. No it is just their excuse to go mad in the mid day sun and savage the racist who dares mention the threat that wish to ignore.
Peter Brown

Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Islam