Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

...in your home country?

Abrahamic religion, you know, the one with the mosques...

Moderators: Blip, DarthHelmet86

Would you support the forced closure of all mosques in your home country?

Yes
10
10%
No
84
88%
Undecided
2
2%
 
Total votes : 96

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#681  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm

Peter Brown wrote:well that is also supporting my point, Sharia isn't a great system to live under.

but it doesn't stop that being demanded for in non Muslim nations does it? This group wasn't set up because every Muslim in the UK loves British laws. It was set up because a large number of Muslims demanded that to them Sharia trumped British law and the funding that they got from abroad funded political change so Sharia courts were allowed. They have now a non binding comprimise, the fear is the demands for Sharia will end up as legally binding in the UK nd screw all the people who left that sort of imprisonment.

You prove to me that won't happen if you demand proof this isn't the way of Islam, the way of the theocrate

http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/



This is all a red herring.

But to engage the red herring regardless.

If British Muslims (as one voice, which they're not) truly wanted an official status for a religious law interpreter to pronounce whether milkshake is haraam or fard, I wholly support them in their endeavour.

Firstly, why on earth would I even care about that? If Muslims want to tell themselves stupid things, it's none of my business.

Secondly, there are no existing laws pertaining to the acceptability of milkshakes to take precedence.

Thirdly, if they want to waste money on that, better than the general tax payer having to if they tried to use secular courts to decide for them.

Fourthly, even after condescending rhetoric from you about how we're the ignorant ones, you really don't have even the slightest glimmering of knowledge about Sharia, do you? All received wisdom on your part, but no recognition of the quality of the sources.

As with Islam, Sharia is not a single entity. Sharia law has many branches:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Topics_in_sharia_law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharia#Ar ... slamic_law

If British Muslims want to get some certified Imam to pronounce what hygiene or dietary codes they should follow: be my guest. Why on earth would I want to stop them? It's not like there are corresponding British laws being undermined.

But of course, wherever there is an existing British law, that takes precedent.

An imam can't pronounce death on someone in Britain because it's already illegal to incite violence, aid and abet terrorism, or to plot to murder someone.

But if Muslims want to have official courts to ensure that inter-Muslim cases which have no relevance in British law are still judged, then why would we stop them? Should we pay for it instead by admitting such cases into British law? Or would you prefer it's done down back alleys where there's no possibility of anyone ever having to be held responsible for any decrees?

If we're going to be 'safe' from Teh Mooslims, it seems to me that we need both sides to learn to extend core freedoms to each other, not curtail their liberties and make them second class citizens.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27306
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#682  Postby Sendraks » Jul 15, 2015 2:26 pm

Peter Brown wrote:Why do you label them as psychopaths?


He's not. Saying someone "is not a psychopath" is by definition, clearly NOT labelling them as a psychopath.
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15196
Age: 103
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#683  Postby Nicko » Jul 15, 2015 2:27 pm

Peter Brown wrote: And 72% of people wanting to bring Sharia is a good thing??? What about the 28% the poor sods who don’t want to be a Muslim?


Aceh is around 98% Muslim.

The 28% opposed to the introduction of Sharia Law are almost all Muslims.

But thanks for providing another opportunity for us to laugh at your ignorance and dishonesty*.

BTW, how you going on answering my Brazil question?










* At no point did Arjan state that he thought the support for Sharia in Aceh was a good thing. In fact, the context made it pretty fucking obvious to anyone with a functioning cerebellum that he thinks the opposite.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
User avatar
Nicko
 
Name: Nick Williams
Posts: 8638
Age: 43
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#684  Postby Nicko » Jul 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Sendraks wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:Why do you label them as psychopaths?


He's not. Saying someone "is not a psychopath" is by definition, clearly NOT labelling them as a psychopath.


As I observed previously, it is entirely possible that Peter's behavior in this thread can be explained by language comprehension problems.
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
User avatar
Nicko
 
Name: Nick Williams
Posts: 8638
Age: 43
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#685  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Jul 15, 2015 2:31 pm

Nicko wrote:
Sendraks wrote:
Peter Brown wrote:Why do you label them as psychopaths?


He's not. Saying someone "is not a psychopath" is by definition, clearly NOT labelling them as a psychopath.


As I observed previously, it is entirely possible that Peter's behavior in this thread can be explained by language comprehension problems.

Which would be quite odd, given that, unlike me, English is his native language.
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30586
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#686  Postby Spearthrower » Jul 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Peter Brown wrote: And 72% of people wanting to bring Sharia is a good thing???


Sounds democratic, Peter - what's wrong with democracy? Who the fuck are you to judge whether the people of Indonesia should live by laws they prefer or not?

Seems like you'd be just overjoyed if a Muslim Indonesian told British people that they should live under Sharia, you'd be up in arms. But when you make that same decision, it's good. :crazy:


Peter Brown wrote:What about the 28% the poor sods who don’t want to be a Muslim?


Well, except in crackpot fantasy land, it's not like they're going to become Muslim were these laws changed. I live in Thailand, I am not Buddhist. Odd that.

Democracy IS the rule of the majority, Peter. Look around your own society for ample examples of this. And the norms you way to enforce on subgroups in your society is hypocrtical when you whine about a non-Muslim group who you envision as being disadvantaged because of Muslim law.

As always, your position is so thoroughly self-defeating, it's a wonder you don't explode in a puff of self-contradiction.


Peter Brown wrote:Except when Muslims demand it apples to Christians which happened in Malaysia recently over Muslims converting to Christianity.


Sense, your sentence makes not.


Peter Brown wrote:Islam is intolerant of every other belief system because... it says that is the way to treat other religious beliefs in the Qur'an


As it does with the OT, as we've shown you. However, having already dismissed this transparently fallacious special pleading a dozen times before, I can't expect it's going to permeate any further this time.

What's more interesting is to highlight your hypocrisy and the absurd irony of your argumentation.

Here you are trying to stamp down on Muslim's right to practice their religion, by complaining about incidences on the other side of the world in those terribly repressive Muslim countries who do something similar.

It's like you would actually prefer the United Kingdom to act like that! That's the hilarity of your argument - the very thing you're pointing at as bad is the very thing you want to enact.

What a load of clownery you must listen to in order to be spouting out this unexamined nonsense.


Peter Brown wrote:and no true Muslim follows the Qur'an do they :)


You still don't even understand what No True Scotsman means, right? Because, as with much of the rest of your posts, this sentence is completely unintelligible if you are using the term correctly.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 27306
Age: 43
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#687  Postby Blip » Jul 15, 2015 2:40 pm


!
GENERAL MODNOTE
Locked for cool down
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
User avatar
Blip
Moderator
 
Posts: 20632
Female

Country: This septic isle...
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google


Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#688  Postby Blip » Jul 15, 2015 5:17 pm


!
GENERAL MODNOTE
All contributors, you need to stop accusing those with whom you disagree of such failings as language comprehension problems or dishonesty; please also desist from inflaming this already highly-charged thread, for example by posting misspelled words in large red font.

Please re-read the Forum Users’ Agreement, specifically section 1.2e, which concerns inflammatory posting. Individual advice and sanctions may otherwise follow.

I'm leaving the thread locked for reflection on this and shall reopen it tomorrow.
Evolving wrote:Blip, intrepid pilot of light aircraft and wrangler with alligators.
User avatar
Blip
Moderator
 
Posts: 20632
Female

Country: This septic isle...
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#689  Postby Keep It Real » Nov 14, 2015 4:39 am

bump
Arthur : All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something big and sinister going on in the world. Slartibartfast : No, that's perfectly normal paranoia.
User avatar
Keep It Real
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 8945
Age: 38
Male

England (eng)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#690  Postby Alan B » Nov 14, 2015 10:17 am

Hmmm! :think:

Just in time. Paris Shootings thread
I have NO BELIEF in the existence of a God or gods. I do not have to offer evidence nor do I have to determine absence of evidence because I do not ASSERT that a God does or does not or gods do or do not exist.
User avatar
Alan B
 
Posts: 9795
Age: 83
Male

Country: UK (Birmingham)
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#691  Postby Nicko » Nov 19, 2015 10:53 am

Alan B wrote:Hmmm! :think:

Just in time. Paris Shootings thread


"Just in time"?

Did one of the shootings happen in a mosque?
"Democracy is asset insurance for the rich. Stop skimping on the payments."

-- Mark Blyth
User avatar
Nicko
 
Name: Nick Williams
Posts: 8638
Age: 43
Male

Country: Australia
Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#692  Postby Sendraks » Nov 19, 2015 11:32 am

Nicko wrote:
Did one of the shootings happen in a mosque?


Or did the shootings happen from a mosque?
Were the shootings undertaken by an actual mosque?
Did someone build a mosque that transforms into an armed terrorist?
"One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion." - Arthur C Clarke

"'Science doesn't know everything' - Well science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it'd stop" - Dara O'Brian
User avatar
Sendraks
 
Name: D-Money Jr
Posts: 15196
Age: 103
Male

Country: England
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#693  Postby Thomas Eshuis » Nov 19, 2015 11:34 am

Sendraks wrote:
Nicko wrote:
Did one of the shootings happen in a mosque?


Or did the shootings happen from a mosque?
Were the shootings undertaken by an actual mosque?
Did someone build a mosque that transforms into an armed terrorist?

Transformers X: Darkside of the Mosques :tehe:
"Respect for personal beliefs = "I am going to tell you all what I think of YOU, but don't dare retort and tell what you think of ME because...it's my personal belief". Hmm. A bully's charter and no mistake."
User avatar
Thomas Eshuis
 
Name: Thomas Eshuis
Posts: 30586
Age: 30
Male

Country: Netherlands
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Would you support the forced closure of all mosques...

#694  Postby Final Fantasy » Feb 29, 2016 8:43 pm

This reminds me of a quote from one of my favourite book series.

I can no longer countenance what we do with our gift. We are not the Creator, nor are we the Keeper. Even a vexatious prostitute has the right to live her life.

My answer is no.
Love is not a victory march.
User avatar
Final Fantasy
 
Posts: 43
Age: 29
Male

Country: UK
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Islam

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests

cron