lol

Discuss various aspects of natural language.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

Re: lol

#21  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 05, 2013 4:10 pm

Xaihe wrote:I like to read 'lol' as the dutch word 'lol', which means 'fun', 'hilarity'.

And much older than "laughing out loud" but yet again it is American...
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#22  Postby Scarlett » May 05, 2013 4:39 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Xaihe wrote:I like to read 'lol' as the dutch word 'lol', which means 'fun', 'hilarity'.

And much older than "laughing out loud" but yet again it is American...

Jeezo Scot, it's not a competition. And your repeated slating of America and anything American is just plain bigotry. Not pleasant.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby surreptitious57 » May 05, 2013 5:22 pm

One Scot giving a bollocking to another Scot

Behave Dutch or she may give you a Glasgow kiss too

So do not mess with the Scarlett : For she takes it from no one
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#24  Postby Scarlett » May 05, 2013 5:46 pm

:cheers:
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Aern Rakesh » May 05, 2013 6:55 pm

It was nice not to have to point out the bollocks yet again. Thanks, Scarlett. :hugs:
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Evolving » May 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Never mind the bollocks.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
Evolving

Name: Serafina Pekkala
Female

Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 06, 2013 10:33 am

Nora_Leonard wrote:It was nice not to have to point out the bollocks yet again. Thanks, Scarlett. :hugs:

Why is it bollocks. You know anything invented by Americans is highly prized and well guarded. (they have so little original ideas).

Did you know the word "yank" is Dutch in origin?

"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

#28  Postby Scarlett » May 06, 2013 10:44 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Nora_Leonard wrote:It was nice not to have to point out the bollocks yet again. Thanks, Scarlett. :hugs:

Why is it bollocks. You know anything invented by Americans is highly prized and well guarded. (they have so little original ideas).

Fucking stop it Scot! You're not even fucking Dutch! Dutch seagulls don't shit icecream, Dutch people don't piss lemonade, and the Netherlands is only your Utopia, not everyone elses. Personally, no offence to our Dutch members, I'm sick of fucking hearing about anything fucking Dutch thanks to you!

Just. Stop. It's petty, mean and makes you look bitter and nasty.
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Loren Michael » May 06, 2013 10:49 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:anything invented by Americans is highly prized and well guarded. (they have so little original ideas).

Jazz, the internet, deep-dish pizza, freedom.

's all the ideas America needs.
Loren Michael

Name: Loren Michael

China (cn)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 06, 2013 10:54 am

Scarlett wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

Fucking stop it Scot! You're not even fucking Dutch! Dutch seagulls don't shit icecream, Dutch people don't piss lemonade, and the Netherlands is only your Utopia, not everyone elses. Personally, no offence to our Dutch members, I'm sick of fucking hearing about anything fucking Dutch thanks to you!

I am fucking Dutch! I have a passport to prove it. I am not saying anywhere is a utopia but I do know where I like to live.

Why does it offend you?
Odd from a Scot where everything Scottish is rammed down your throat as soon as you enter the country.

Scot Dutchy

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#31  Postby Scarlett » May 06, 2013 10:54 am

Loren Michael wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:anything invented by Americans is highly prized and well guarded. (they have so little original ideas).

Jazz, the internet, deep-dish pizza, freedom.

's all the ideas America needs.

Seriously Loren, don't even enter into it, it's like pissing in the wind :doh:
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Scarlett » May 06, 2013 11:02 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Scarlett wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

I am fucking Dutch! I have a passport to prove it. I am not saying anywhere is a utopia but I do know where I like to live.

Why does it offend you?
Odd from a Scot where everything Scottish is rammed down your throat as soon as you enter the country.

Look Scot, I'm trying to help you out here. Your anti-American shit and constant negativity in your posts just makes you look mean and bitter. Ok, you love the Netherlands, we get that, just stop comparing everything and everywhere with it. You know, I can pretty much guess what your response to a particular post will be before I even read it, it'll either be fucking over the US or bigging up the Netherlands. Your constant negativity is so fucking tiresome, you'd think if you were so happy in your home country it'd make you a more pleasant person.

And then you finish by slagging off Scotland (again). So bitter, so fucking mean :doh:
Scarlett

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Aern Rakesh » May 06, 2013 11:29 am

The utter irony of it—and he doesn't even see this or admit that it's contra his claim to be an expert on all things American—is that he's never set foot in the US.

:roll:

At least I've been to the Netherlands, not that I have any desire to slag it off.
Aern Rakesh
RS Donator

Female

United States (us)
Print view this post

#34  Postby Xaihe » May 06, 2013 1:03 pm

Scarlett wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:

This did make me laugh out loud, even though I thought it should make me sad. :smile:
Consciousness is make believe. Just think about it.
Xaihe

Male

Netherlands (nl)
Print view this post

#35  Postby scott1328 » May 06, 2013 1:31 pm

My brother-in-law is Dutch, he married my sister to get a green card to live in the U.S. *HE* is not a fan of the country.
scott1328

Name: Some call me... Tim
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

Previous

Return to Linguistics