youtube channel 3Blue1Brown

Discuss the language of the universe.

Moderators: Calilasseia, ADParker

youtube channel 3Blue1Brown

#1  Postby Pulsar » Feb 28, 2017 1:37 am

A while ago I came across the youtube channel 3Blue1Brown, and I have to say that I'm very impressed by his videos. They are without a doubt some of the best videos on mathematics on youtube. He's able to explain topics, some of which are quite advanced, with a clarity that I've rarely seen. And don't worry, you don't need a degree in mathematics to understand them.

As an example, here's his video on the Riemann zeta function, analytic continuation, and the infamous 1 + 2 + 3 ... = -1/12:

His latest video is about the Stolen Necklace Problem and the Borsuk-Ulam Theorem:

Perhaps his best work so far is his Essence of linear algebra series. Anyone who's ever struggled with algebra should definitely check it out, but even if you're well versed in this subject you'll still appreciate it. This is the introduction video:

He's currently working on an "Essence of calculus" series, which he plans to post in April.
"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: youtube channel 3Blue1Brown

#2  Postby Thommo » Feb 28, 2017 1:38 am

Looks good, I'll check it out, thanks!
Thommo

Print view this post

#3  Postby Pulsar » Mar 04, 2017 1:22 pm

New video:

"The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time." - George Bernard Shaw
Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#4  Postby Pulsar » May 01, 2017 2:08 pm

New series:

Pulsar

Male

Belgium (be)
Print view this post

#5  Postby felltoearth » May 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Bookmarking
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#6  Postby John Platko » May 01, 2017 9:56 pm

I watched the first 6 videos on linear algebra, they are very good and should be where anyone studying linear algebra should start. It's amazing how different something can seem when it's explained by someone who understands what needs to be explained first.
I like to imagine ...
John Platko

Name: John Platko
Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#7  Postby LucidFlight » May 01, 2017 10:02 pm

I hope to see more exciting mathematics in upcoming posts of yours, John Platko.

(Also bookmarking.)
OFFICIAL MEMBER: QUANTUM CONSTRUCTOR CONSCIOUSNESS QUALIA KOALA COLLECTIVE.
LucidFlight
RS Donator

Name: Kento
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Return to Mathematics