2019-nCoV or COVID-19

Serious discussion of the novel Corona Virus outbreak.

Understanding the basis and treatment of disease.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#801  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 24, 2021 11:28 am

jamest wrote:I've not had the vaccine. Does that mean that I believe that covid is a hoax? No. Does that mean that I believe I am not at risk of serious illness and/or death from covid? No. Does it mean that I believe that the vaccine does not significantly negate the impact of covid? No.

I am however seriously concerned about the medium-term+ effects of repeatedly pumping that stuff into our bodies, for our immune systems, for a virus which ultimately cannot be eradicated.


Does it mean you don't understand how vaccines work or why they're one of humanity's greatest triumphs?

Yes, yes it does.


jamest wrote:If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.


Covered above.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#802  Postby newolder » Sep 24, 2021 11:36 am

jamest wrote:...

If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.

Nope. You got that ticket punched a very long time before COVID-19 struck. :mrgreen: [/Off topic]
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould
User avatar
newolder
 
Name: Albert Ross
Posts: 7509
Age: 1
Male

Country: Feudal Estate number 9
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#803  Postby jamest » Sep 24, 2021 1:40 pm

Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:I've not had the vaccine. Does that mean that I believe that covid is a hoax? No. Does that mean that I believe I am not at risk of serious illness and/or death from covid? No. Does it mean that I believe that the vaccine does not significantly negate the impact of covid? No.

I am however seriously concerned about the medium-term+ effects of repeatedly pumping that stuff into our bodies, for our immune systems, for a virus which ultimately cannot be eradicated.


Does it mean you don't understand how vaccines work or why they're one of humanity's greatest triumphs?

Yes, yes it does.

Well I'm not here claiming to be an expert, but who is?

What I do know is that typically vaccines have taken several+ years to create and test and that the covid vaccines are
a NEW class of vaccine based upon RNA technology which were created and approved in less than one year. I also know that there have been a significant amount of adverse reactions to these vaccines, notwithstanding deaths, even in the short-term. And I therefore know, given the new classification and void of any data for this class, that NOBODY knows what the medium+-term effects of these vaccines might be. Everybody is just crossing their fingers. It's probably the biggest gamble humanity has ever taken.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#804  Postby jamest » Sep 24, 2021 1:40 pm

newolder wrote:
jamest wrote:...

If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.

Nope. You got that ticket punched a very long time before COVID-19 struck. :mrgreen: [/Off topic]

Funneee. :smoke:
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#805  Postby hackenslash » Sep 24, 2021 3:07 pm

jamest wrote:What I do know is that typically vaccines have taken several+ years to create and test and that the covid vaccines are a NEW class of vaccine based upon RNA technology which were created and approved in less than one year.


Several things wrong here. First, the vast majority of the time it takes to approve new vaccines is pure bureaucracy. Most of the time is literally waiting for the government to affix its rubber stamp to the next round of paperwork.

All the rest of the acceleration of the process was the coming together of well-motivated science and industry to tackle a problem that affects us all.

The mRNA technology has been in development for decades. I first heard talk of it over a decade ago from Genes4Life, it being pressed into service to target specific cancers. The technology itself is extremely simple and, because of the underlying process, is considerably safer than conventional vaccines.

It's a ring of fat molecules with a stretch of messenger RNA attached by electrostatic force.

Unlike you, James, I've done my due diligence, because I'm interested in keeping others safe.

I also know that there have been a significant amount of adverse reactions to these vaccines, notwithstanding deaths, even in the short-term.


You know no such thing. Provide your source for this claim and I'll tell you why you're wrong. And yes, I know what your source is going to be.

And I therefore know, given the new classification and void of any data for this class,


This is just nonsense. In fact, we have the long term data on safety and efficacy, and had it prior to the vaccine's release. Of course, because you don't understand what constitutes long-term data because of your abject failure to ever learn a damned thing in your tenure on the forum, you don't understand how reaction profiles work.

All else aside, any symptom arising more than three months after vaccination has a probability of being caused by the vaccine asymptotically approaching zero, yet we have data for more than six months, and all the vaccines have been shown to be safe and effective.

that NOBODY knows what the medium+-term effects of these vaccines might be. Everybody is just crossing their fingers. It's probably the biggest gamble humanity has ever taken.


Except we do. You only think otherwise because, just for a fucking change, you're entirely clueless about the science.

Here's an immunologist explaining in plain language why you're talking through your hairy hoop.

https://bostonreview.net/science-nature/andrew-l-croxford-long-term-safety-argument-over-covid-19-vaccines
User avatar
hackenslash
 
Name: The Other Sweary One
Posts: 22249
Age: 52
Male

Country: Republic of Mancunia
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#806  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 24, 2021 4:08 pm

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:I've not had the vaccine. Does that mean that I believe that covid is a hoax? No. Does that mean that I believe I am not at risk of serious illness and/or death from covid? No. Does it mean that I believe that the vaccine does not significantly negate the impact of covid? No.

I am however seriously concerned about the medium-term+ effects of repeatedly pumping that stuff into our bodies, for our immune systems, for a virus which ultimately cannot be eradicated.


Does it mean you don't understand how vaccines work or why they're one of humanity's greatest triumphs?

Yes, yes it does.


Well I'm not here claiming to be an expert, but who is?


Well, the immunologists, virologists, and medical health experts. Its rich saying you're not pretending to be an expert, but yet you're ignoring the expert opinion of outright experts and lending credence to flatulent pap you've read from dubious sources.


jamest wrote:What I do know is that typically vaccines have taken several+ years to create and test and that the covid vaccines are
a NEW class of vaccine...


The sentence fails because you claim to 'know' this when it is outright false, and you've clearly heard it from an untrustworthy source which you've somehow not managed to apply equal skepticism to as you have to actually qualified expert knowledge from medical health specialists.

For a start, only two vaccines - Pfizer and Moderna - use mRNA technology: the others are non-replicating viral vector vaccines, the likes of which which have been widely used around the world for 50 years. In fact, even mRNA vaccines studies have been around since the late 70's, but took longer to develop into scaleable technology than viral vector.

So what do you really know, jamest? What is it that you personally know? Where are you getting your information from? Why is your position contrary to the world's medical health authorities? Why shouldn't someone like you be perceived as a nut-job - in your own words - when you clearly don't have the foggiest idea what you're talking about, you're getting your bad information from dubious sources, you're ignoring actual expert knowledge, and you're actively putting yourself at risk? Is there some other definition of nut-job I'm not aware of that isn't someone arrogantly engaged in an act of ignorant self-harm?


jamest wrote:... based upon RNA technology which were created and approved in less than one year.


And still held to the exact same standards across multiple nations around the world. Unless you've got actual evidence that short-cuts were taken?



jamest wrote: I also know...


I haven't even read the sentence yet, but as what you've already claimed to 'know' is manifestly bullshit, this isn't a good place to be waving around said knowledge.


jamest wrote: that there have been a significant amount of adverse reactions to these vaccines,...


Oh really - and are you comparing that to the significance of the adverse reactions people have experienced ABSENT these vaccinations? If 10000 times as many unvaccinated people are hospitalized by symptoms of covid-19 as those who experience adverse reactions to immunization, how exactly are you arriving at such a manifestly stupid argument? Show your working - also, probably best you stop making assertions absent evidence and actually cite something to support your position, else your blatant disregard for fact-based discussion suggests you're operating on feelies rather than reason.


jamest wrote:And I therefore know,...


Third time's the charm?



jamest wrote: given the new classification and void of any data for this class, that NOBODY knows what the medium+-term effects of these vaccines might be.


Yet further indication that you mistake your irrational fears, no doubt sourced through uncritical acceptance of some loony disinformation outlet, for knowledge.

If you want to remain ignorant, feel free to retain your head in your rectum and huff all you like - but stop disseminating ignorant bullshit as if it were reasoned discourse.

jamest wrote:Everybody is just crossing their fingers. It's probably the biggest gamble humanity has ever taken.


You labelled yourself entirely appropriately.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#807  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 24, 2021 4:11 pm

jamest wrote:
newolder wrote:
jamest wrote:...

If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.

Nope. You got that ticket punched a very long time before COVID-19 struck. :mrgreen: [/Off topic]

Funneee. :smoke:


Poll the forum. I would guess from responses I've seen to your posts that the majority here think you're a crackpot.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#808  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 24, 2021 4:12 pm

jamest wrote:If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.



I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#809  Postby Hermit » Sep 24, 2021 4:21 pm

jamest wrote:I've not had the vaccine.

Why am I not surprised?
newolder wrote:
jamest wrote:If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.

You got that ticket punched a very long time before COVID-19 struck. :mrgreen: [/Off topic]

That's why.
God is the mysterious veil under which we hide our ignorance of the cause. - Léo Errera


God created the universe
God just exists
User avatar
Hermit
 
Name: Cantankerous grump
Posts: 4803
Age: 68
Male

Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#810  Postby jamest » Sep 25, 2021 12:39 am

Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:
newolder wrote:
jamest wrote:...

If that makes me a nut job, then so be it.

Nope. You got that ticket punched a very long time before COVID-19 struck. :mrgreen: [/Off topic]

Funneee. :smoke:


Poll the forum. I would guess from responses I've seen to your posts that the majority here think you're a crackpot.

Why don't you go to a theist forum, or to some forum where it is not compulsory to read science as though it were devoid of any political/philosophical agenda, unlike here, and see how such a poll would work-out for yourself?

I've been aware of how utterly unpopular I would be here since before I even joined. That doesn't make me a nut job. It JUST means that my ideas are swimming against the tide in a particular locale.

What separates me from you, is that I have the courage to face the tide/current without fear of losing self-esteem whilst doing so. I.e., I have the intelligence to think for myself alongside the courage to do so. Clearly, you've been washed down a particular river for at least a significant portion of your life. The tragedy is, you have no desire whatsoever to do a 180 and scrutinise the direction that you've been TAKEN.

There's no amount of group-bullying to which I will succumb here. I suspect that you know me well enough by now to realise this. Therefore, my conclusion is that your efforts to undermine me are instead aimed at bolstering your communal raft, as it gets bashed going downstream. I.e., pure tribalism, flag-waving bollocks. In essence, an act of insecurity on the part of the individual.
Don't worry though, you'll get enough thumbs-ups to prove that I'm a nut job, so all is well. :grin:
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#811  Postby jamest » Sep 25, 2021 2:41 am

hackenslash wrote:
jamest wrote:What I do know is that typically vaccines have taken several+ years to create and test and that the covid vaccines are a NEW class of vaccine based upon RNA technology which were created and approved in less than one year.


Several things wrong here. First, the vast majority of the time it takes to approve new vaccines is pure bureaucracy. Most of the time is literally waiting for the government to affix its rubber stamp to the next round of paperwork.

That's not true. The vast majority of the time it takes to develop a new vaccine revolves around research and the necessity [of prolonged observation] to determine potential [nasty] side-effects. It is for good reason that the effects of all other vaccines ever created had to be thoroughly scrutinised for a good few years.

Let's not tell any lies here. The fact is that the process of creation [of a NEW class of vaccine] to observation of side-effects to approval and final widespread implementation, happened [here in the UK] within about 9 months. If that in itself doesn't ring any alarm bells for you here, then I don't know what will.

You say that we'd been researching DNA technology for several years before that, but so what? ALL ideas/inventions stand on the shoulders of previous thought/research. It doesn't detract from the fact that in late March of 2020, the UK went into lockdown because of covid, and by early December of the same year we were injecting a NEW class of vaccine into the arms of UK citizens!! Similarly, elsewhere.

Clearly, the whole process was ultra-rushed and safety was NOT the primary concern. Indeed, if safety had been the primary concern then we would have known much more about the SHORT-term adverse effects of vaccines before they started implementing them. The truth is that even the short-term effects of the vaccine were not known for at least a few months after we had already injected several million people in this country alone (and elsewhere). Or, alternatively, the authorities-that-be knew about them but 'we' didn't until at least a few months later. I.e., they either withheld information from us or they didn't know. In either case, they were taking the piss [out of 'us'].

All the rest of the acceleration of the process was the coming together of well-motivated science and industry to tackle a problem that affects us all.

Bollocks. All you're doing here is feeding certain [follow the money and power] conspiracy theories, for you more-or-less suggest that we more-or-less had the technology to create a vaccine for covid prior to it happening, so "let it rip". Are you suggesting that it is pure coincidence that the world is facing "its biggest danger since WW2" and that we just happened to have the cure for it within a handful of months after the event? FFS, have a word.

Unlike you, James, I've done my due diligence, because I'm interested in keeping others safe.

Unlike you, squire, I've done my due diligence too, which in my case DEMANDED a necessity to research BOTH sides of the argument.

I also know that there have been a significant amount of adverse reactions to these vaccines, notwithstanding deaths, even in the short-term.


You know no such thing. Provide your source for this claim and I'll tell you why you're wrong. And yes, I know what your source is going to be.

Such sources are low to access in quantity, since Western Civilisation has from day one more-or-less demonised and suppressed anyone from countering the status quo of getting everyone in lockdown and getting them vaccinated asap.

I'm guessing that you've heard of The Great Barrington Declaration? (lockdowns), which was completely overlooked/ignored/unreported, at a time when we didn't have vaccines? Why was this?!!!

For the record, your link was interesting and did make me question my decision to not have the vaccine. I mean, I'm OPEN to having my fears about the vaccines overturned. However, ultimately your link was to a relatively ordinary immunologist's view on a very ordinary platform. However, two can play at that game. For instance, do you want to hear the views of a Canadian GP with nearly three decades of experience wrt the effects a vaccine had on his own patients, whom he knew? Have a look at this (give the link several seconds to load)...

"A Canadian doctor demands further study into the link between Covid-19 vaccines and blood clots after his research found clots in a majority of vaccinated patients"

https://www.infowars.com/posts/shock-do ... ree-years/

Even David Icke was kicked off youtube after being there for donkey's years. Not for spreading "misinformation" about humanity or the moon etc.., but because he questioned the status quo regarding covid and vaccines. Disregarding issues of free speech, which we should not, the authorities have made it extremely difficult for anyone to counter their policies during this 'pandemic' to the point that anyone with a brain should be wondering what's going on.

You're a smart bloke so I'll always review your posts, but I do not think that your views are balanced. You somehow believe that ALL scientists have the same views, even of NEW issues, which is bollocks. I construe from this that, therefore, you are driven by a specific cultural/philosophical/political agenda and are NOT open to questioning this agenda.

Me, I'm open to almost anything, including the fact that the vaccines may in the long-run be the best bet. However, I know for a fact that you do not believe this is absolutely true, because I know for a fact that there is insufficient data and [free] opinion to support it as so. You're just blurting out your baaaas, like most.

Regardless, I hope that you are well.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#812  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 3:22 am

jamest wrote:
Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:
newolder wrote:
Nope. You got that ticket punched a very long time before COVID-19 struck. :mrgreen: [/Off topic]

Funneee. :smoke:


Poll the forum. I would guess from responses I've seen to your posts that the majority here think you're a crackpot.


Why don't you go to a theist forum, or to some forum where it is not compulsory to read science as though it were devoid of any political/philosophical agenda, unlike here, and see how such a poll would work-out for yourself?


So I need to go to a hypothetical forum where the membership would consider you other than a nut-job solely based on your belief in a god?

When exactly did you stop even trying to engage in reasoned discourse, jamest?


jamest wrote:I've been aware of how utterly unpopular I would be here since before I even joined. That doesn't make me a nut job. It JUST means that my ideas are swimming against the tide in a particular locale.


You're attempting to muddy the waters as usual, and pretend that your lack of popularity here is solely based on some belief you claim you have. Whereas, the fact is that your status as a nut-job (your words) here has fuck all to do with your belief in gods - rather, it's entirely down to the ludicrous crap you write. For example, the uncritical recapitulation of misinformation about vaccines above - your position regarding the divine is completely irrelevant there, and even were you an ardent anti-theist, it would still be dire tripe to be demolished for the arrogant ignorance it represents. Claiming to 'know' things which are outright false is stupid anywhere, but particularly here where claims about empirical knowledge don't get a free pass.


jamest wrote:What separates me from you,...


Is that you have nearly zero grasp of reality, and have somehow managed to convince yourself (and only yourself) that your hubristic bravado is credible.



jamest wrote:... is that I have the courage to face the tide/current without fear of losing self-esteem whilst doing so.


Espousing falsehoods is not brave, it's utterly foolish.



jamest wrote:I.e., I have the intelligence to think for myself...


Always with the self-gratifying words, but as usual you're all talk and no trousers.



jamest wrote: alongside the courage to do so.


So brave to type ignorant bullshit on the internet. What a hero.



jamest wrote: Clearly, you've been washed down a particular river for at least a significant portion of your life. The tragedy is, you have no desire whatsoever to do a 180 and scrutinise the direction that you've been TAKEN.


You're talking bollocks as usual. The thing is: this is something you actually know is bollocks. My life is hardly just following a well worn groove, is it jamest? So stop pretending your special when you're basically a little automaton who's done nothing unique or even slightly off the beaten track in his entire life.




jamest wrote:There's no amount of group-bullying to which I will succumb here.


Do you want to try sticking to one goofy pile of pap rather than an entire smorgasbord of bullshit? You're not being 'bullied' - you're attempting to promulgate vapid bullshit and using that to pretend you're wise and special, whereas you're just a bog standard reality denier who somehow convinces himself that despite trotting out uncritically swallowed bullshit, they're somehow special because of it.

You're not jamest. Accepting factual reality wouldn't make you a drone, nor would it somehow preclude you from having unique ideas or being creative - it would just mean that you know the difference between fact and fantasy, truth and ego.


jamest wrote: I suspect that you know me well enough by now to realise this.


I've seen more than enough from you to know that your egotistical delusions continuously deny you the opportunity to engage meaningfully in practically any aspect of the real world. You're enamoured with the lint you proudly produce from your navel, and think other people should be too.


jamest wrote:Therefore, my conclusion is that your efforts to undermine me...


Translation: you criticized my poorly formed, factually erroneous and manifestly ignorant assertions.


jamest wrote:... are instead aimed at bolstering your communal raft,


It really is like you think that writing sentences somehow decrees reality. No need to justify your increasingly absurd assertions. When called out for asserting bullshit, you just contrive more.



jamest wrote: as it gets bashed going downstream.


A wanky metaphor, wasn't it? The people getting bashed in this context are the fucking morons refusing to get vaccinated for absurd reasons.

You can't hope to defend your nonsense claims about vaccines because you're abjectly ignorant of the facts, thus all the drama, as usual. Incapable of learning, stunted in your growth. There was a time when you didn't succumb to this grotesque idiocy, jamest - you should work to rediscover that rather than blaming everyone else for your failings.


jamest wrote: I.e., pure tribalism, flag-waving bollocks.


My tribe being the vaccinated? What flags have I waved? Oh wait - you're just tossing out words at random now.


jamest wrote: In essence, an act of insecurity on the part of the individual.


There it is: this is your subconscious desperately trying to explain your motivations. You're insecure. You realize you've basically done fuck all with your life, and that you've become a farce.

No one makes you do this jamest - you can turn round and reclaim your sanity any time you can muster the strength of character to stop the pretense.


jamest wrote:Don't worry though, you'll get enough thumbs-ups to prove that I'm a nut job, so all is well. :grin:


Unlike you, I am not in the slightest bit interested in the approbation of others - never have been, never will be. Nearly all of your posts on this forum are about how hard done by you feel that people don't respect and admire you here. I also saw you try the same dopey shit on rationalia where you pretended to be something you weren't and thus made yourself an outright joke. You know you're none of the things you claim to be - but you're too cowardly to face up to the truth of who you've become.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#813  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 3:25 am

jamest wrote:
That's not true. The vast majority of the time it takes to develop a new vaccine revolves around research and the necessity [of prolonged observation] to determine potential [nasty] side-effects.


False. Completely false.


jamest wrote:It is for good reason that the effects of all other vaccines ever created had to be thoroughly scrutinised for a good few years.


You should never let yourself be in a position where you're attempting to dissimulate and pretend to knowledge on a topic you know nothing about to people who are more knowledgeable than you.


jamest wrote:ILet's not tell any lies here.


Go away jamest - your attempts to promulgate misinformation about vaccines is completely fucking unacceptable. You should be ashamed. You have no more competence or credibility than sprinkler lady. Go learn stuff: stuff good.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#814  Postby jamest » Sep 25, 2021 3:44 am

Spearthrower wrote:You know you're none of the things you claim to be - but you're too cowardly to face up to the truth of who you've become.

What do I claim to be, other than an enema for you to empty your arse and find some relief?

I seek no fame nor personal reward/accolade for my views. I'm nobody and will seek to die that way, even if my views become universally accepted. Read my signature.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#815  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 3:51 am

jamest wrote:
What do I claim to be, other than an enema for you to empty your arse and find some relief?


You're proud to be my anal douche water?

Says it all really.


jamest wrote:I seek no fame nor personal reward/accolade for my views.


I'm not sure whether you forget what you've written, or just expect other people to forget what you've written. Either way, anyone who's read your posts over the years knows you're obsessed with your status and how you're perceived by others. You're desperate for thumbs up, which is why you always talk about it - I'd bet my left nut you can't find a single post I've ever written here that talks about thumbs up on my posts, expresses any desire to garner admiration from the membership here, or shows any inclination whatsoever to toe a line or perform for likes.

This is all your conceit - not mine.


jamest wrote:I'm nobody and will seek to die that way, even if my views become universally accepted. Read my signature.


Even the notion that your 'views' could become universally accepted is exactly the kind of delusion you engage in. Views is a good word for it - views are passive and unengaged; superficial, veneer-deep, flimsy recapitulations of borrowed ideas other people had.

I'll read your signature alongside the litany of self-congratulation, egotistical mouth-breathing, and general bollocks you spout.

And not just here: http://rationalia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54418
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#816  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 4:02 am

jamest wrote:I am however seriously concerned about the medium-term+ effects of repeatedly pumping that stuff into our bodies, for our immune systems, for a virus which ultimately cannot be eradicated.


https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

4,737,553 deaths from covid 19.


https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... d2july2021

Numerous studies around the world show that the vaccinated are vastly less likely to die or be hospitalized due to covid 19 infection.

So, given your supposed serious concern about the effects of vaccination, on what empirical grounds are you conceiving of this as outweighing the potential for death or serious long-term effects of contracting covid 19 while unvaccinated?

What empirical data are you using that would justify such a position?

If you have no such data, then the lint from your navel will not suffice.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#817  Postby jamest » Sep 25, 2021 4:38 am

Spearthrower wrote:
jamest wrote:I am however seriously concerned about the medium-term+ effects of repeatedly pumping that stuff into our bodies, for our immune systems, for a virus which ultimately cannot be eradicated.


https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

4,737,553 deaths from covid 19.


https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation ... d2july2021

Numerous studies around the world show that the vaccinated are vastly less likely to die or be hospitalized due to covid 19 infection.

So, given your supposed serious concern about the effects of vaccination, on what empirical grounds are you conceiving of this as outweighing the potential for death or serious long-term effects of contracting covid 19 while unvaccinated?

What empirical data are you using that would justify such a position?

If you have no such data, then the lint from your navel will not suffice.

If you look, for instance, at the link I provided for hackenslash, you will have the researched opinion of a doctor with
nearly 3 decades of experience suggesting that 62% of all vaccinated people are currently suffering from blood clots, whether they know it or not, which [according to him] will bite them in the ass within the next handful of years.

Having researched this issue extensively, I've come across similar opinions on numerous occasions. I'm not just making this stuff up to annoy you, I promise. For example, I remember another article about 57 scientists/doctors demanding that ALL vaccinations should cease immediately...

https://en-volve.com/2021/05/08/57-top- ... cinations/

So, "following the data" is not what this is about. It's about following the 'authoritative' representation of the data and discrediting all others. I.e., it's all politics, squire.
Il messaggero non e importante.
Ora non e importante.
Il resultato futuro e importante.
Quindi, persisto.
jamest
 
Posts: 18594
Male

Country: England
Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#818  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 6:16 am

jamest wrote:
If you look, for instance, at the link I provided for hackenslash, you will have the researched opinion of a doctor with
nearly 3 decades of experience suggesting that 62% of all vaccinated people are currently suffering from blood clots, whether they know it or not, which [according to him] will bite them in the ass within the next handful of years.


Good god. You continue to astound me at how utterly inept you are.

Look at the absurdity of the source you're pointing to. Where the fuck's the study? Where's the publication? Your article is 5 months old - so where's the damn published study in a credible medical journal?

Why - after all this time being a member of this forum - do you still think that science and empirical knowledge is premised on the authority or respectability of the person making the contention?

How do you even read that article and not think: this is so obviously agenda driven?

There are two certainties regarding the global distribution of Covid-19 vaccines. The first is that governments and the vast majority of the mainstream media are pushing with all their might to get these experimental drugs into as many people as possible.


Is your reading comprehension so bad? Are you that unable to detect biases and agendas you can't read them here? Or are you just so desperately seeking confirmation that the skepticism you bring to bear against the thousands of studies informing the medical world just dries up and disappears when you see something that tickles your feelies?

It's astoundingly pathetic, jamest. You have utterly failed to take anything away from your membership here, and it's because you're so full of how great you are, you don't realize how much you need to learn.

Look at the dire source you're pointing to - its front page is full of white pity, how poorly victim whites are being treated by the nasty powers that be. It's cretinous jamest. You have fallen down a well because you were too busy rubbing yourself off about how special you are that you didn't remember that gravity still affects you too.


Having researched this issue extensively, I've come across similar opinions on numerous occasions.


Fuck off - you expect me to believe that, you fucking clown? :lol:


I'm not just making this stuff up to annoy you, I promise. For example, I remember another article about 57 scientists/doctors demanding that ALL vaccinations should cease immediately...


Another 57 doctors?

Sound familiar? Teach the controversy, manufactured dissent, appeals to credibility.... WHERE'S THE FUCKING DATA, you naive fool?


https://en-volve.com/2021/05/08/57-top-scientists-and-doctors-release-shocking-study-on-covid-vaccines-and-demand-immediate-stop-to-all-vaccinations/


This is actually how deeply you've researched this, isn't it? By borrowing all your thoughts from a propaganda outlet for morons.


So, "following the data" is not what this is about. It's about following the 'authoritative' representation of the data and discrediting all others. I.e., it's all politics, squire.


There is no fucking data in sight - you've been fooled because you are objectively a fool, letting confirmation bias dictate your beliefs. What a pitiable status you've arrived at.

Again, you're showing your hand: it's politics for you because you've been suckered into bullshit, thinking that your feelies dictate empirical reality. That's why your summation is actually correct - you've become a nut job. Go shout at your sprinkler.
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#819  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 6:27 am

Jamest's source also includes other alternative fact land stories like:

CCP Whistleblower Sounds The Alarm: China INTENTIONALLY Released COVID at International Military Tournament In 2019


Leaked Document Reveals Chinese Scientists Planned to Release Coronaviruses Into Wild Bats Just 18 Months Before Pandemic


Which one is it? They planned to release it into wild bats... or they released it at a military tournament? These are both on the front page right next to each other. Do they rely on their readership being so dense as to not muster a moment of skepticism?


Tucker Carlson Exposes Disturbing Internal US Military Docs That Uses Satanism To Justify Vax Mandate


Jamest - you're basically a QAnon Guy now, aren't you?
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

Re: "New eye discovery further demolishes Dawkins"

#820  Postby Spearthrower » Sep 25, 2021 6:40 am



Infowars.

That's who you are, jamest. After all these years of public masturbation - you're just another Infowars loon.

Nevermind, cough up $800 dollars for gay frog juice, and you'll be protected from the hoax vaccine perpetrated by the Chinese under the auspices of the Satan-Worshiping Jews trying to sterilize white Christians for life! A bargain at twice the price, and you also get the free added warm glow of knowing you're a unique and special thinker not beholden to mere facts and reality - they're for the sheep!
I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
User avatar
Spearthrower
 
Posts: 29448
Age: 45
Male

Country: Thailand
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Medicine

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest