Obesity and High Blood Pressure

Understanding the basis and treatment of disease.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Obesity and High Blood Pressure

#1  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 18, 2013 12:19 pm

Folks I couldn't find a topic for that subject and it surprised me a little cause these two ( or should say one problem ) are one of the most common and serious health problem of our age. Obesity causing HBP and HBP cause lots of diseases like heart attacks, strokes, diabetes in the long term.

To give some personal information I'm 103 kgs, and 182 cm which makes my Body Mass Index 31.8 as you know body mass index have to between 18.5-25.

My blood pressure was higher when I was around 110 kg, I was usually seeing 15 or 16, during army duty weight dropped to 97 and BP with too but when I returned I rapidly gained some weight because its impossible to be as active as in the army and they have strict nutrition program. I will never return to anything above 105 actually my object is to catch my standart BMI in time.

To tell the truth I dont believe that exercise is the most vital thing for this problem, exercise is good for overall health but its impossible to burn the energy if you're eating lots of junk food or even healthy food. Best is to drop the energy especially sodium and fat intake.

I dont smoke, drink alcohol, coffee, tea ( only red fruits tea ) eat fatty chips or fast food, I usually eat plenty of salad, yoghurt, macaroni, fish, chicken different kinds of soups etc. with very little salt free bread. But I have to confess Im eating more than my body need, otherwise it wouldnt collect as fat in my body I love to walk whenever I have time but no matter how much I walk I know I cant burn it. I'll limit my intake in the following days and will share my experience here.

By the way in order to keep track of my information I installed Samsung's S health program on Samsung Note 2. I wanted to buy one of these bands thinking that it will work in coordination with the software but I couldnt find it in the list of products that software support. Is there anyone using S health software ? Actually it isnt that important too I have BP measuring device only advantage of the band is to measure it anywhere anything and collect the information on mobile phone over bluetooth connection.

"If someday my teachings conflict with science, choose science"

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Re: Obesity and High Blood Pressure

#2  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 18, 2013 11:51 pm

I expected more interest to this thread, am I only person using Dilatrend in that forum ? :scratch:

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#3  Postby amok » Oct 22, 2013 4:33 am

I've recently found out I have low pressure. Different set of issues with that, of course.
amok
RS Donator

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#4  Postby surreptitious57 » Oct 22, 2013 9:21 am

My weight is one o seven and my height is one eight two. In old money six one and two three six pounds. I smoke cigars and drink cider but have not done so for two years now though I am waiting to do so once I get round to doing all the housework now. I am forty nine and walk between four to six miles twice a month. I dance up to five days a week at one hour a time but up to three. I drink up to twenty cups of black tea every day. I am forty nine and plan on living for another thirty one years dying on my eightieth birthday. I have high blood pressure but it is not problematic and have no other physical ailments other than occasionally occurring gout which currently is in remiss. I still have a full head of hair too. I eat mainly microwave food because I live alone and have no patience. Though I also eat healthy food too such as apples and tomatoes and mushrooms
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN
surreptitious57

Print view this post

#5  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 22, 2013 9:49 am

amok wrote:I've recently found out I have low pressure. Different set of issues with that, of course.

Thats good as long as it doesnt drop to criticial levels, people with low pressure live longer.

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#6  Postby james1v » Oct 22, 2013 4:43 pm

If i had Turkish bread available every day, i would be obese...Mmmm. :popcorn:
"When humans yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon". Thomas Paine.
james1v

Name: James.
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#7  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 22, 2013 10:26 pm

james1v wrote:If i had Turkish bread available every day, i would be obese...Mmmm. :popcorn:

I have this device, adding walnut and dried grape in the bread, hard to call it bread after that its smells like cake sometimes eating it alone :lol:

But stopped cooking it in a daily basis its a tasty but bad habit :naughty:

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

#8  Postby aliihsanasl » Oct 25, 2013 9:26 pm

Already my weight returned to 2 digits. In the first days I know that its mostly losing water but still I feel lighter :dance:

Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK
aliihsanasl

Male

Turkey (tr)
Print view this post

Return to Medicine