Fringe of Reason at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival

A month of free skeptical talks and events!

List your event or idea to invite your local forum members.

Moderators: Blip, The_Metatron

Fringe of Reason at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival

#1  Postby GeneticJen » Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm

Skeptics on the Fringe! :drunk:

If you're going to be enjoying the music, comedy and other shenanigans at the Fringe festival in Edinburgh this year, why not check out some skeptic events as well? Last year Edinburgh Skeptics hosted a month of free (any donations are extremely welcome though) skepticism talks and events. We're talking about several years worth of Skeptics in the Pub events crammed into a month! They're doing it again this year, with even more awesome stuff on!

Some stuff that's on:

At The Fringe Of Reason - Everyday from the 6th to the 27th of August there will be talks from various great speakers (e.g. Richard Wiseman, Chris French, Iszi Lawrence) and even a not-so-great one.

Devil's Advocate - This is a comedic panel gameshow for scientists, skeptics, geeks and nerds. Think QI. Oh, and it's on every afternoon from the 6th to the 27th, a different episode each day. Very funny stuff and it's been very popular in the past.

How To Be A Psychic Conman with Ash Pryce. Everyday from the 6th until the 13th (but not the 7th).

Declan Dineen Lies For Money - Tricks and stories from the magic underground! Everyday from 22nd to the 27th.

Stand Back I'm Going To Try Science! Science for kids, recommended for children aged 5 and over. From the 15th until the 20th.

There's also skeptical ghost walks, special space nights at the Edinburgh Royal Observatory (with the AWESOME Helen Keen and Sarah Angliss).

If you have any questions (times, accommodations, travel) send a PM and I'll see if I can lend a hand. :grin:
Attachments
reason .jpg
reason .jpg (182.32 KiB) Viewed 1331 times
GeneticJen
RS Donator

Name: Jennifer Harrison
Female

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Ads by Google

Re: Fringe of Reason at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival

#2  Postby hoopy frood » Jun 27, 2011 8:02 pm

Sounds hoopy if not positively froody!

I might have to pop back there for those two weeks, ostensibly to visit friends, aka the poor saps who are going to fooled into putting me up for a fortnight. :smile:

I spotted the 'not-so-good' speaker you refer to in the poster but don't be so modest laddie! You'll have em eating out of your hand like so many tame pigeons! I may well be one of them hopefully.

I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun. Enjoy it and best of luck! :cheers:

Now go get 'em tiger!

Raooor!

P.S. I am available for hire as a mentor/motivator. :pulp:

..for a modest 10%. :cigar:
I don’t think we’re for anything, we’re just products of evolution. You can say “Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don’t think there’s a purpose,” but I’m anticipating a good lunch.

Theology: The study of elaborate verbal disguises for non-ideas
hoopy frood

Male

Scotland (ss)
Print view this post

Re: Fringe of Reason at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival

#3  Postby Grace » Jun 28, 2011 5:00 am

WOW! Sounds like fun. Any chance they will tour the USA?
Grace

Print view this post

Return to Events