Toronto RatSkep Meet-up

List your event or idea to invite your local forum members.

Moderators: kiore, Blip, The_Metatron

Which days could you meet up?

Monday
13%
Tuesday
8%
Wednesday
8%
Thursday
8%
Friday
21%
Saturday
21%
Sunday
21%

Total votes : 24

Re: Toronto RatSkep Meet-up

#81  Postby HughMcB » Apr 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Just to let people know I shall be sporting a very "fashionable"? paddy hat and a gray hoody. :thumbup:
"So we're just done with phrasing?"
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#82  Postby HughMcB » Apr 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Ok then, I'm off to the bar, even if it's just me it still counts as a meet up..... right? :shifty:

:door:
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#83  Postby Mantisdreamz » Apr 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Haha, sure Hugh, I will be there soon...... honest.... :shifty:

I wonder if Tetters is sitting there half in the bag already :lol:

Too bad not everyone was able to make it
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#84  Postby lordshipmayhem » Apr 17, 2010 2:59 am

So I got there... and was told the Ratskep group didn't.

I have been dealing with the functionally brain-dead all day, and had absolutely zero tolerance for ditzes. I said to the doorknob at the door that I was meeting up with some friends that I'd met on the Internet, Rational Skeptics, RatSkep, maybe? And I was running about 40 minutes late (thanks to the terminally stupid idiots I'd been dealing with).

She gives me her brightest Bambi-deer-in-a-headlights look of complete incomprehension.

Nobody had used any phrase like that around her. Going around and asking the groups was beyond her capabilities. I could go round and see if I recognized anyone...

...and I glared at her. "Oh, yes, you met them on the Internet..."

Yes, that Internet thingie. It's been in all the papers. Maybe if she could read it might help...

"...or you could wait by the bar and have a drink! If anyone else comes in asking..."

...they'd be just as fucking lost as me.

I had enough. I turned on my heel and left the establishment. I'm not going to go through and make a nuisance of myself to a bunch of strangers without the support of bar staff, it's a great way of getting yourself booted out on your ass.

Next time, let's go to an establishment that insists that firing synapses are a condition of employment.
"It is not science that is arrogant: science can be defined as ‘humility before the facts’ — it is those who refuse to submit to testing and make unsubstantiated claims that are arrogant. Arrogant and unjust." - Stephen Fry
lordshipmayhem

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#85  Postby felltoearth » Apr 17, 2010 3:58 am

Here now. Here with HughMcB, Tetters, MantisDreams (Crystal) and we in our cups. Join us next time!!!!!
"Walla Walla Bonga!" — Witticism
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#86  Postby felltoearth » Apr 17, 2010 7:08 am

lordshipmayhem wrote:So I got there... and was told the Ratskep group didn't.

Well that sucks. We were there when you were most likely. Maybe you met the face of Jesus at the door and he turned you away from temptation?
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#87  Postby tetters » Apr 17, 2010 2:26 pm

Wonder how Hugh is doing this morning? Totally sobered up suddenly last night. That happens quite often when I drink beer. Next time, I'll drink the hard stuff.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...
WOW! What a ride!" - Hunter S. Thompson
tetters
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#88  Postby Mantisdreamz » Apr 17, 2010 3:57 pm

lordshipmayhem wrote:So I got there... and was told the Ratskep group didn't.

That's odd. Maybe you went to the wrong place, because I don't recall seeing a female worker at the door, or even behind the bar.

Anyway, it was great meeting you guys. :cheers: Lots of fun, and I am feeling it this morning. :ill: :tongue:
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#89  Postby HughMcB » Apr 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Morning all. Yes I survived the night, and more importantly I survived waking up at 8.00am and genuinely thinking that there was a chance I could die from the hangover.

Nothing that a couple of pints of water, some Tylenol and a prayer didn't help. ;)

How the fuck did I get so drunk?

It seemed to hit me like a fucking freight train at the end of the night, I could barely walk when I left with felltoearth and Mantisdreamz. Quite amazing that I actually did walk home, and apparently had the keen wits to get myself a spicy Italian hot dog somewhere on my travels, judging by the half eaten one I found on my counter.

What a great night though, I certainly had a blast. Hopefully others did too. :drunk:
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#90  Postby HughMcB » Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm

PS did I pay for my drinks? I don't remember doing it and now I feel guilty that maybe I ran out on the bill by mistake. I'll have to go back and make amends. :shifty:

That bartender (Dan?) was too nice to do a runner on! :door:
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#91  Postby felltoearth » Apr 17, 2010 4:12 pm

hung.over.

Kudos to you HughMcB for setting it up and for the skill to make home with half your sausage intact. :clap:

Yes you did pay for your drinks so you can hold your head up high when you walk through the door next time. :thumbup:

Tetters and Mantisdreamz, and HughMcB, it was great to meet your brief acquaintance. I hope to meet a bunch of others from here too, now.

Until next month! :cheers:
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#92  Postby tetters » Apr 17, 2010 4:16 pm

Well. Good to hear everyone made if home safe and sound.

Looking forward to the next great meetings of the minds for sure.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with intentions of arriving safely in a pretty well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...
tetters
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#93  Postby Mantisdreamz » Apr 17, 2010 4:21 pm

HughMcB wrote:Morning all. Yes I survived the night, and more importantly I survived waking up at 8.00am and genuinely thinking that there was a chance I could die from the hangover.

Nothing that a couple of pints of water, some Tylenol and a prayer didn't help. ;)

How the fuck did I get so drunk?

It seemed to hit me like a fucking freight train at the end of the night, I could barely walk when I left with felltoearth and Mantisdreamz. Quite amazing that I actually did walk home, and apparently had the keen wits to get myself a spicy Italian hot dog somewhere on my travels, judging by the half eaten one I found on my counter.

What a great night though, I certainly had a blast. Hopefully others did too. :drunk:

:lol:

I was asking myself the same question this morning - I completely forgot about that last shot of Sambuca we did until just now.

I was pretty sloshed though too at the end, to the point where I didn't even know south from west. Hugh, it's funny because I think we were all travelling in the same direction, but somehow we managed to mix that one up.

Anyway, I had a great time, let's do it again next month or so. :cheers: :drunk:
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#94  Postby HughMcB » Apr 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Mantisdreamz wrote: :lol:

I was asking myself the same question this morning - I completely forgot about that last shot of Sambuca we did until just now.

I was pretty sloshed though too at the end, to the point where I didn't even know south from west. Hugh, it's funny because I think we were all travelling in the same direction, but somehow we managed to mix that one up.

Anyway, I had a great time, let's do it again next month or so. :cheers: :drunk:

WTF?!We had shots of sambuca? I completely forgot that one! :scratch:

I obviously wasn't too bad because I did head in the right direction. ;)
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#95  Postby Mantisdreamz » Apr 17, 2010 5:51 pm

HughMcB wrote:

Haha, yea I forgot about that too, until this morning I had a brief image of 3 dark sambucas being brought over on a tray. What a nice bartender that Daniel/David was.
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#96  Postby felltoearth » Apr 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Mantisdreamz wrote:
HughMcB wrote:

Haha, yea I forgot about that too, until this morning

+1
Mantisdreamz wrote:
I had a brief image of 3 dark sambucas being brought over on a tray. What a nice bartender that Daniel/David was.

and patient.
felltoearth

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#97  Postby Keyser Soze » Apr 18, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm happy to hear that you all had a good time! Bummed out that I missed it... hope there is a Part Deux!!
"...it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." (Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man, 1871)
Keyser Soze

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#98  Postby HughMcB » May 04, 2010 6:11 pm

Ok, it's that time again people....

When are we going for round 2?
HughMcB
RS Donator

Male

Ireland (ie)
Print view this post

#99  Postby tetters » May 04, 2010 10:53 pm

Name the date and time. Preferably a Friday again as its easier for me to stay downtown after work then make the trip when I'm already at home. Hopefully this time I won't have to leave early due to a kiddie party the next day.
tetters
RS Donator

Male

Jolly Roger (arr)
Print view this post

#100  Postby Mantisdreamz » May 05, 2010 4:31 am

How about next friday? May the 14th?
Mantisdreamz

Female

Canada (ca)