Eurovision Song Contest 2016

Stockholm

Discuss music related topics here.

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#41  Postby Evolving » May 05, 2016 8:49 am

jamest wrote:I wish that Graham Norton would take the piss a bit more, like Wogan used to do. I have a feeling that his hands have been tied a bit due to the pc brigade.


I agree. As a Mac user I can say what I like.
How extremely stupid not to have thought of that - T.H. Huxley
User avatar
Evolving
 
Name: Serafina Pekkala
Posts: 12176
Female

Country: Luxembourg
Luxembourg (lu)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#42  Postby Fallible » May 05, 2016 9:26 am

:tehe:
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#43  Postby DougC » May 07, 2016 10:18 pm

B.B.C. - Welsh flag will fly after Eurovision's u-turn decision

Image
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 14595
Age: 49
Male

Country: UNITED Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#44  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 08, 2016 6:23 am

Will it help? On that basis the Dutch could use our provincial flags.
Image
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 73
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#45  Postby DougC » May 09, 2016 1:36 am

No.
That would be like using Cornwall or Kent's flag.

However, you could use the flags of Aruba, Curaçao or Sint Maarten as they are the other countrys in the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
To do, is to be (Socrate)
To be, is to do (Sartre)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
SUBWAY(1985)
DougC
THREAD STARTER
 
Posts: 14595
Age: 49
Male

Country: UNITED Kingdom
United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#46  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 09, 2016 12:23 pm

DougC wrote:No.
That would be like using Cornwall or Kent's flag.

However, you could use the flags of Aruba, Curaçao or Sint Maarten as they are the other countrys in the Kingdom of the Netherlands.


Dont tell the Fresians or Limburgers that. Even the Hollanders (North and South Holland) can get umperty. They were the original country that singed the English beard. :lol:
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 73
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#47  Postby Fallible » May 09, 2016 7:03 pm

The fuck is umperty?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#48  Postby OlivierK » May 10, 2016 12:42 am

Maybe Scot's made a bet with someone to use as many words containing anagrams of Trump as possible.

:dunno:

Now I want a crumpet.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9865
Age: 55
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#49  Postby Fallible » May 10, 2016 8:24 am

Alternately, this could be the beginning of the development of a new language. How else to explain his comment of "<cough cough, wizz wizz>" in another thread?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#50  Postby BlackBart » May 10, 2016 8:49 am

Maybe it's the chorus for the Dutch entry?

Umperty dooo, Umperty daaaa....

:dunno:
You don't crucify people! Not on Good Friday! - Harold Shand
User avatar
BlackBart
 
Name: rotten bart
Posts: 12600
Age: 59
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#51  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2016 8:57 am

Fallible wrote:Alternately, this could be the beginning of the development of a new language. How else to explain his comment of "<cough cough, wizz wizz>" in another thread?


You really stalk me dont you? We all use words for sound or maybe you dont?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 73
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#52  Postby Fallible » May 10, 2016 9:25 am

We all use words for sound yes, including me. It's referred to as speech, I think. I don't know how effective that is on an internet forum. Perhaps someone needs to do some studies on it. Unfortunately it's more difficult to avoid your posts than it is to stalk you. I feel rather like I'm a hiker desperately looking for somewhere secluded to have my picnic in the Lake District in Summer.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#53  Postby Fallible » May 10, 2016 9:31 am

Back on topic - oh good, we're fielding yet another insipid effort from a couple of ex-boyband members. I don't know why we don't just write the makers of Eurovision a cheque and not bother to enter.
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#54  Postby Arnold Layne » May 10, 2016 9:51 am

The result would be the same whether we entered anybody good or not.
I'm a Pixiist
User avatar
Arnold Layne
 
Posts: 2711

Country: France
France (fr)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#55  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2016 11:06 am

Fallible wrote:We all use words for sound yes, including me. It's referred to as speech, I think. I don't know how effective that is on an internet forum. Perhaps someone needs to do some studies on it. Unfortunately it's more difficult to avoid your posts than it is to stalk you. I feel rather like I'm a hiker desperately looking for somewhere secluded to have my picnic in the Lake District in Summer.


Cant read a map?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 73
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#56  Postby Fallible » May 10, 2016 11:17 am

Can't biscuit lemming?
She battled through in every kind of tribulation,
She revelled in adventure and imagination.
She never listened to no hater, liar,
Breaking boundaries and chasing fire.
Oh, my my! Oh my, she flies!
User avatar
Fallible
RS Donator
 
Name: Alice Pooper
Posts: 51607
Age: 49
Female

Country: Engerland na na
Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#57  Postby OlivierK » May 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fallible wrote:We all use words for sound yes, including me. It's referred to as speech, I think. I don't know how effective that is on an internet forum. Perhaps someone needs to do some studies on it. Unfortunately it's more difficult to avoid your posts than it is to stalk you. I feel rather like I'm a hiker desperately looking for somewhere secluded to have my picnic in the Lake District in Summer.


Cant read a map?

Why are bothering to reply to anyone? You have completely nothing to say.
User avatar
OlivierK
 
Posts: 9865
Age: 55
Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#58  Postby Rachel Bronwyn » May 10, 2016 1:28 pm

Cheeky.
what a terrible image
User avatar
Rachel Bronwyn
 
Name: speaking moistly
Posts: 13589
Age: 33
Female

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#59  Postby Scot Dutchy » May 10, 2016 3:04 pm

OlivierK wrote:
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fallible wrote:We all use words for sound yes, including me. It's referred to as speech, I think. I don't know how effective that is on an internet forum. Perhaps someone needs to do some studies on it. Unfortunately it's more difficult to avoid your posts than it is to stalk you. I feel rather like I'm a hiker desperately looking for somewhere secluded to have my picnic in the Lake District in Summer.


Cant read a map?

Why are bothering to reply to anyone? You have completely nothing to say.


Why do you?
Myths in islam Women and islam Musilm opinion polls


"Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.” — Napoleon Bonaparte
User avatar
Scot Dutchy
 
Posts: 43119
Age: 73
Male

Country: Nederland
European Union (eur)
Print view this post

Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2016

#60  Postby NineBerry » May 10, 2016 3:10 pm

Oh. Guys. Please stop it.
User avatar
NineBerry
RS Donator
 
Posts: 6133
Age: 44
Male

Country: nSk
Print view this post

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest