first post

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

first post

#1  Postby Frank Merton » Feb 22, 2014 4:43 am

Mmm; first post so I guess here. My profile must be confusing; I'm an American expat living for the last ten years or so in Vietnam. I say I'm a Buddhist but not a good one, but I do like the philosophy and some of the "metaphysics." I am also an atheist (common among Buddhists) in the sense that I am as reasonably sure as I can be that there is no God of any sort of transcendent -- beyond the rules of existence -- nature. I'm also not a very good "Communist" since I like a lot of the free market changes that have happened here but still think a single-party system without the politics and inertia that so often mars multiple party systems can be better, with qualifications.

I'm seventy years old, widower ten years with three grand-daughters and three great-grand-daughters all living in the States. I am married now to an Asian man (we got married recently in Washington State) two years younger than me.
Frank Merton

Name: Frank Merton

Vietnam (vn)
Print view this post

Re: first post

#2  Postby campermon » Feb 22, 2014 12:24 pm

:wave:

Hello Frank, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is our greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to modify your membership display settings, how to navigate around the forum, point you to some threads which address commonly asked questions from newbies, and gives you some handy links to other sites which will help you develop your skepticism. It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

If you're new to this type of phpBB software on forums, you might like to take a look at our Handy Hints for Posting On The Forum, which will show you how to change your text, insert images & youtube clips, and do some other cool stuff.

And finally, as a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:
Scarlett and Ironclad wrote:Campermon,...a middle aged, middle class, Guardian reading, dad of four, knackered hippy, woolly jumper wearing wino and science teacher.
campermon
RS Donator

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

Re: first post

#3  Postby Agrippina » Feb 22, 2014 12:59 pm

Hello Frank. And welcome. :cheers:
A mind without instruction can no more bear fruit than can a field, however fertile, without cultivation. - Marcus Tullius Cicero (106 BCE - 43 BCE)
Agrippina

Female

South Africa (za)
Print view this post

Return to Welcome New Members