Hello all, Shantanu here!

Introductory statement

Hello and welcome to RatSkep! :smile: Why don't you introduce yourself here? ;)

Moderators: kiore, The_Metatron, Blip

Re: Hello all, Shantanu here!

#21  Postby Steve » Dec 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Shantanu wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:Welcome! I cannot wait to hear the many interesting things you have to share with us, Shantanu.

That is nice to know. But I am no longer sure that sharing my interesting things is always the right thing to do. :)

Sure it is. That is the only way you get to exist. The key is to do it with respect and civility, to actually share.
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny
Blue Mountain Center of Meditation
Steve
RS Donator

Male

New Zealand (nz)
Print view this post

#22  Postby Shantanu » Dec 01, 2012 10:27 pm

iamthereforeithink wrote:
LucidFlight wrote:Welcome! I cannot wait to hear the many interesting things you have to share with us, Shantanu.

Good things come to those who wait. You will have your chance to drink from the fountain of knowledge, but now is not the time.

I do not know if this proverb is true. I think one needs to force the issue. Time is short. Life can end at any time.
Shantanu
Banned Troll

Name: Shantanu Panigrahi
Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#23  Postby orpheus » Dec 02, 2012 2:07 am

:popcorn:

(Uncle Orph'sTM popcorn - "A surprise in every box!" )
“A way a lone a last a loved a long the”

—James Joyce
orpheus

Male

United States (us)
Print view this post

#24  Postby Wizofoz » Dec 02, 2012 4:07 am

Shantanu wrote:

That is nice to know. But I am no longer sure that sharing my interesting things is always the right thing to do, LucidFlight. Maybe I should first learn what others are saying about things first.

That's the most insightful thing I've read of yours. Perhaps learn that yours is neither the only, nor neccessarily the correct point of view.

I hope you do better here.
Wizofoz

Name: Wizzo

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#25  Postby Wizofoz » Dec 02, 2012 4:09 am

I always seem to know how to make the right peace in the different circumstances of daily conflicts in a manner that leaves everyone happy and contented that they have all won.

Your experiences at SC and TR being examples of this?
Wizofoz

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#26  Postby Shantanu » Dec 02, 2012 6:56 am

Wizofoz wrote:
I always seem to know how to make the right peace in the different circumstances of daily conflicts in a manner that leaves everyone happy and contented that they have all won.

Who is not happy with the outcome?
Shantanu
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#27  Postby Wizofoz » Dec 02, 2012 7:59 am

Shantanu wrote:
Wizofoz wrote:

Pretty much everybody. No-one likes having to ban members, and the way you re-acted seemed to indicate you weren't at all happy about being banned.

Plus I wouldn't have thought reporting a member to the police was the action of someone happy about the situation, though Phands was actually kinda tickled that you did so.
Wizofoz

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#28  Postby Shantanu » Dec 02, 2012 8:21 am

Wizofoz wrote:
Shantanu wrote:
Wizofoz wrote:

Pretty much everybody. No-one likes having to ban members, and the way you re-acted seemed to indicate you weren't at all happy about being banned.

Plus I wouldn't have thought reporting a member to the police was the action of someone happy about the situation, though Phands was actually kinda tickled that you did so.

Then we have work to do to rectify the situation. What would phands and SC like me to do?
Shantanu
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#29  Postby Durro » Dec 02, 2012 10:18 am

:wave:

G'Day from Brisbane, Australia, and welcome into the lifeboat ! This is my greeting for all new members and contains some useful stuff for you.

If you haven't seen it already, you may want to take a look at our New Members' Welcome Pack which will give you some helpful resources such as how to modify your membership display settings, how to navigate around the forum, point you to some threads which address commonly asked questions from newbies, and gives you some handy links to other sites which will help you develop your skepticism. It also contains our forum rules, which we ask that you abide by at all times.

If you're new to this type of phpBB software on forums, you might like to take a look at our Handy Hints for Posting On The Forum, which will show you how to change your text, insert images & youtube clips, and do some other cool stuff.

And finally, as a house warming present for you, here's a few laughs for your entertainment.

:beer:

Durro
I'll start believing in Astrology the day that all Sagittarians get hit by a bus, as predicted.
Durro
RS Donator

Male

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#30  Postby Wizofoz » Dec 02, 2012 10:46 am

Shantanu wrote:
Wizofoz wrote:
Shantanu wrote:
Wizofoz wrote:

Then we have work to do to rectify the situation. What would phands and SC like me to do?

Absolutley nothing. You are banned and are staying that way. It just makes your claim that you leave things peacful and happy demonstrably untrue. You tend to leave a wake of angst and frustration in your wake, due to your insufferable ego and claims of absolute rightousness.

The first quote from you indicated you were perhaps learning that.

The last two make me think that was wishful thinkingon my part.
Wizofoz

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#31  Postby iamthereforeithink » Dec 02, 2012 11:06 am

Well, Welcome here Wizofoz. :cheers:

You might perhaps want to introduce yourself in your own welcome thread?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.” ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
iamthereforeithink

Male

European Union (eur)
Print view this post

#32  Postby Wizofoz » Dec 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Will do ian.
Wizofoz

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#33  Postby Shrunk » Dec 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Just my personal opinion, but I don't see much value in continuing to discuss disputes that arose at other internet forums on this forum. Clean slate, and all that.
"A community is infinitely more brutalised by the habitual employment of punishment than it is by the occasional occurrence of crime." -Oscar Wilde
Shrunk

Male

Canada (ca)
Print view this post

#34  Postby hackenslash » Dec 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Yes, we should learn a lesson from our own history in that regard.
hackenslash

Name: The Other Sweary One
Male

Print view this post

#35  Postby Wizofoz » Dec 02, 2012 5:31 pm

More than happy to comply- but I DO think, should he post regularly, you will find Shantanu's veiws "enlightening"
Wizofoz

Australia (au)
Print view this post

#36  Postby Shantanu » Dec 02, 2012 7:21 pm

Shrunk wrote:Just my personal opinion, but I don't see much value in continuing to discuss disputes that arose at other internet forums on this forum. Clean slate, and all that.

Yes, I am all for that.
Shantanu
Banned Troll

Male

United Kingdom (uk)
Print view this post

#37  Postby MrFungus420 » Dec 03, 2012 4:29 am

Shantanu wrote:I always seem to know how to make the right peace in the different circumstances of daily conflicts in a manner that leaves everyone happy and contented that they have all won.

That is nothing short of a lie.
Atheism alone is no more a religion than health is a disease. One may as well argue over which brand of car pedestrians drive.
- AronRa
MrFungus420

Print view this post

#38  Postby Spearthrower » Jan 02, 2013 5:43 pm

I'm not an atheist; I just don't believe in gods :- that which I don't belong to isn't a group!
Religion: Mass Stockholm Syndrome

Learn Stuff. Stuff good. https://www.coursera.org/
Spearthrower

Male

Print view this post

Previous

Return to Welcome New Members